RadiationScript 1.5 suggestions & Idea's Thread

Started by Silver Knight, 14-01-2010

Mangoman

A PSI system for mutants, like radio for stalker's, allowing the mutants to talk over long distance?

Supercool

A nice list:

A help menu with a list of commands like how to set your radio freq, the lean left, etc.

A "random stash generator" ie, you know how we have artifacts, and clearly we don't need hundreds of those spawning, but just spawning a stash once every 30 minutes to an hour when there is more than 10 people (stash's contain maybe a box of ammo, some food, and with a fairly low chance of a weak pistol or kabar/crowbar)

On the Anomaly spawn, make it run Sleep(), and then hook onto Wake() to make it auto-sleep when it wakes up. They act very funny when the physics is awake.

sv_stk - an admin only convar that sets it so while enabled, players do not drop items on death. reduces the ooc drama involved.

Mangoman

maybe faction trader filters, allowing certain traders, like duty or something, sell what they would be selling in the real game (aka duty trader selling warsaw guns)

Supercool

Finding a way to make it so clients can change r_avglightmap without cheats being on. When it is set to ~ 1-10, it looks a huge amount like the Xray engine's shadows, but it does add lag for people with slower computers. Go test it in single player on the map for fun.

EDIT: looks like
http://i45.tinypic.com/2yklzmb.png

Mrtasker

I'm going to bring up an ammo issue.

I think the ability to unload ammo from a gun would be a pretty usefull addition, as loading your gun full of ammo anticipating some gunplay, then no gunplay as such happens can be quite annoying as most of that ammo will be wasted due to disconnecting or crashing.

I have no idea how easy/hard this would be to do, so feel free to pick apart my idea.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Bielecki

I couldn't agree more with Mrtasker.

irondeity

I just thought of a compass item that Traders could sell for maybe around 500RU. I know its not heavily required but, it could add a nice depth to the RP when say for example a faction is on patrol. And one guy spots something and calls it out. Rather than having the entire patrol turning around 360 degrees, 5 times. the player could say. "Blah blah spotted, north northeast." Then anyone with a compass in the patrol could turn and know the general direction.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Bielecki

Cool idea.
And maybe if we ever get the 'Stash' idea implemented the compass could help point you in the right direction to them.

Chaosye

One thing that I'd like implemented would be a command similar to /passout or /sleep

It'd help rp involving capture or knocking somebody unconscious, and make it a bit easier to transport some people who are ICly unconscious but OOCly walking around.

Innokenti Katya

Supercool

Remove the flag requirements on /bc. It is very silly.

Assassinator

Yes, only Military privates can BC. Not officers or leaders...

Royz

I'm just being Curious, but is it suppose to be like this?

Sunrise suit-Grey-Less than Stalker suit

Stalker Suit-Blue-More than Sunrise Suit

Learned this yesterday(Dutch)

Welek

Sunrise and Stalker suit are the same thing, one model is from Oblivion lost and the other is the normal one.

Royz

I just firgured the blue colored one would be more expensive.

Welek

I don't see a reason for it even being on, but ya it's more expensive.

Bielecki

Have you considered making a Night and day system?

Plunger

Quote from: Bielecki on 09-03-2010
Have you considered making a Night and day system?
It's already done on the Dev server, just fixing the bugs.

Bielecki

Thats great to hear. :)
Night time will add so many more Rp possibilities.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Bielecki on 10-03-2010
Thats great to hear. :)
Night time will add so many more Rp possibilities.

It's not that great, it uses colormod which means your flashlight will be useless.

There are 4 stages of the Day/Night System:

Morning
Noon
Night
Dusk

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Afromana

Gotta make Hostel add a day night cycle, ive seen a TnB map that had a toggleable switch somewhere on the map that cycled between them quite easily.
If this is possible, maybe its possible to make a script which can slowly go between them. just an idea.
Needs both scripter and mapper for the idea though

Supercool

By TnB you mean mine-dog. The map was Venice, and we have kind of agreed we would rather have two maps (day and night version) instead of one map with day/night.

Locke

Having the server switch in between day and night is a good idea.

It could be like this:

[Event] The sun will be setting soon

*5 minute timer*

[Event] the sun is setting now (OOC) Save your items

*1 minute timer*

{Server changes to night map}

Bielecki

Seems a little inconvenient.
It is possible to get a nice looking Night/day system.
Rambo_9 on Facepunch has made a great Night/day script for his gamemode 'RadBox'. http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=896577

irondeity

I looked through this twice and didnt see anything related to what Im about to type. If there was and I missed it twice then I must be blind. Anyway. I was thinking a minor prop. A map of Chernobyl_Beta with the territories marked. Similar to the map the rebels have in HL2 (id list the file name if I could find it). I figured it'd be nice to slap a map up for raid/patrol planning, ect.

*Edit: I do know about the map listen in the forums. But a serverside prop version would we quite nice for RP purposes
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Paintcheck

Could night last either a shorter amount of time or get a little less dark? Seems like night lasts forever and day is like 5 minutes long.