Pistol Accuracy / Weapon attachments

Started by KillSlim, 21-02-2011

KillSlim

I've merged two pieces of feedback into one post to prevent making two threads.

Pistol Accuracy
I made a thread about this a long while ago and I remember the fact that it had the upmost support from pretty much everyone who replied. I'm surprized to see that it's still an issue, pistols still have piss-poor accuracy and are almost unusable making them pointless purchases. Fucking shotguns are more accurate.
To follow Stalker canon, the more expensive pistols have better performance (More accuracy + power) and I think Stalker RP should reflect this, instead of making the more expensive pistols slightly more bearable than the cheaper ones.

Weapon Attachments

The recent release of the Weapon Attachment addon on garrysmod.org inspired me to add this idea to my post. It's pretty cool and I bet it would be a good addition to Stalker RP. Weapon attachments aren't unseen in Stalker, they're uncommon in Shadow of Chernobyl and expensive in Clear Sky / Call of Pripyat, so why not make them slightly uncommon and slightly expensive? Best of both worlds.
Having a tacticool weapon description in your character's description is often frowned upon, but with this you don't need that because it has world-models, as in, add an attachment to the weapon and other people can see it. Atleast give it a try, LE.

Thanks
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Ragolution

I like the attachments thing.

I could care less on pistols.

You'd have to make weapon add-ons perpetually more expensive, though- They'd be increasingly hard to come by.

KillSlim

Quote from: Ragolution on 21-02-2011
I like the attachments thing.

I could care less on pistols.

You'd have to make weapon add-ons perpetually more expensive, though- They'd be increasingly hard to come by.

'It does not affect me, therefore I could not care.'
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

jaik

Weapon attachments in that addon are for the sweps provided.
Rather make it so players can make modifications based on their stat.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Paintcheck

All SWEPS have shit accuracy. This is constantly a debate. Make them more accurate and risk retarded STK fights or make them inaccurate and risk retarded STK fights in the other direction. I've been saying for a while that guns should be more accurate and just do less damage so people can RP hits without dying while typing but I don't play SRP any more so I don't really care either way.

Attachments are meh. There are other things that effort could be spent on that would benefit SRP much more than weapon attachments.

KillSlim

Quote from: Paintcheck on 21-02-2011There are other things that effort could be spent on that would benefit SRP much more than weapon attachments.

Like pistol accuracy. Rofl.
You can't STK with pistols.

Dragon

I hardly see a reason for weapon attachments.

However, pistol accuracy is an issue.
Right now, even with the Black Kite, you are more likely to hit a target when you are not aiming at them.
This applies to all pistols infact, it's a waste of rubles to buy them now, and that's why you only see the odd person with a pistol nowadays on the server.

They would serve well as a secondary weapon if they had atleast a reasonable accuracy, otherwise it's just for show and RP.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Paintcheck

Quote from: KillSlim on 21-02-2011
Quote from: Paintcheck on 21-02-2011There are other things that effort could be spent on that would benefit SRP much more than weapon attachments.

Like pistol accuracy. Rofl.
You can't STK with pistols.

Exactly.

And on the Black Kite that thing is retarded. A few months ago I was in a fight with ThY and I was literally touching him with the barrel of the gun. I emptied the magazine from that close and hit him twice out of 8 shots. What the fuck?

N3gativezero

Pistols, aswell as melee weapons are more of RP weapons than anything. How often do you see people charging in with a Kabar or Crobar? Not too often. How often do you see people trying to STK with pistols? Not too often. They might be total shit for STK fighting, but they can be a god-send RP wise.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

KillSlim

Quote from: N3gativezero on 21-02-2011
Pistols, aswell as melee weapons are more of RP weapons than anything. How often do you see people charging in with a Kabar or Crobar? Not too often. How often do you see people trying to STK with pistols? Not too often. They might be total shit for STK fighting, but they can be a god-send RP wise.

If they had proper accuracy they'd have more uses other than point blank RP encounters. Uses like, oh I don't know, fire-fights?