One piece of feedback and a suggestion

Started by KillSlim, 24-07-2010

KillSlim

Feedback - Automatic weapon lowering
I understand the objective of this system to be more convenient, but it doesn't help. More often than not I would be in a situation which requires me to have my weapon raised, and it will keep dropping. I don't 'forget to lower my weapon', and I don't really see this as a required, must-have feature.

Suggestion - Ambient background noise
I suggest that the Call of Pripyat ambient background sound tracks are added to the script. I suggest the Call of Pripyat sound tracks because (I think) they're the best of the trilogy, the creepiest, the eeriest, and the most atmospheric.
I think SRP would really benefit from this, as I find RP'ing with a dead atmosphere isn't as interesting as it could be. For those who don't know what the CoP back ground tracks are, here is a useful video:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat OST - Theme of Pripyat. Night

The user who hosts this video has a whole lot more of the CoP back ground music.
Thanks for reading.

"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Welek

so you just decided one day to come on and make a suggestion but its true the automatic weapon lowering is dumb

deluxulous

Must agree on the weapon lowering. It's hard to be menacing when your arm can't support the weight of a Fort-12 because it's SO GODDAMN HEAVY.

Give me rp_toggleholster, or give me death.

Music would be nice, but it should be map controlled. I.E. being in the sewers won't randomly start playing an unfitting song.

Ravanger

Well we could just have the sounds added to the map like chernobly.

Khorn

I know one, fix the sprint bar, you slow down after using half the bar.

And the controllers Blue Screen thing needs to be changed, or lowered radius.

deluxulous

Quote from: Ravanger on 24-07-2010
Well we could just have the sounds added to the map like chernobly.
Read post above you ;)

And dear god yes fix the sprint bar

Duranblackraven

What NEEDS to happen is the blue screen be linked directly to the Controller swep. So it only happens if the swep is equipped and out. That'd fix ALOT of the problems.

Plunger

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 24-07-2010
What NEEDS to happen is the blue screen be linked directly to the Controller swep. So it only happens if the swep is equipped and out. That'd fix ALOT of the problems.
It's linked to the model.

Ravanger

Well think about Controllers arent meant to be powerful*even though they are pretty beastly.*Only a few people have controller.I think if we had it directly to a swep it would be nice so it wouldnt rape people in spawn.

Khorn

Or rape people who are above when it's underground.

Silver Knight

Hmm

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Duranblackraven

Quote from: Last.Exile on 25-07-2010

Hmm

Oh sweet Jesus the 'Hmm' of evil plotting. We're all doomed...

KillSlim

Good God, the automatic weapon lowering was a nightmare in yesterdays epic shootout between the Military and Freedom.
It's more than a little inconvenience, it's just horribly pointless.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Khorn

Doesn't auto lower cause the gun to be stuck in front of the scope when sniping?

KillSlim

Quote from: Khorn on 30-07-2010
Doesn't auto lower cause the gun to be stuck in front of the scope when sniping?

I'm sorry?

Khorn

jaik

Quote from: KillSlim on 30-07-2010

I'm sorry?

He meant that, when you're looking through the scope and after the auto-lower script triggers, your view gets stuck.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

KillSlim

Quote from: Jake on 30-07-2010
Quote from: KillSlim on 30-07-2010

I'm sorry?

He meant that, when you're looking through the scope and after the auto-lower script triggers, your view gets stuck.

Ah so you're stuck looking through your scope when the weapon lowers? How irritating.

Khorn

When you zoom, the gun pops up, making you zoom right onto your gun, which makes shooting things difficult, such as with the FN2000.

Turkey

Quote from: Khorn on 01-08-2010
When you zoom, the gun pops up, making you zoom right onto your gun, which makes shooting things difficult, such as with the FN2000.

Press shift

Khorn

It still will pop up when you fire...

alex4576

I agree with people who say that the automatic weapon lowering is dumb because if someone puts there gun up they do it for a good reason