Mines, Minefields, and How to make them Anti-Minge

Started by irondeity, 03-10-2010

irondeity

Alright, so here we go.

Doom was talking to me about mines and we came to an issue that might arise. If the mines are invisible, the risk of a team kill is high. I said "maybe if we put down a small prop like a board that symbolizes the start and/or stop of a field.". Doom had a very valid counter argument that anyone with TT or Phys could remove the item for "lulz" and screw us over. So my idea was, maybe make a quick liittle Admin only item, that -only- admins can Tool gun and phys, that symbolizes a minefield, like say the little white marker sticks or a Mine sign maybe
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Khorn

If you do plan to get mines. Could have a slight shadow appear where the mine is, like in CoP. Well they weren't shadows, but they were dark spots.

Or like in SoC, a small stick sticking out of the ground.

But another minge thing to do, would create a platform to walk over it all. Best thing to do, is keep a watch on the field, and ban anyone using TT to get rid of the mines.

Pawx

I think the point of Mines is to kill Targets without them knowing the mine is there? Unless your setting them up for defense around your base and need a reminder, then a Prop could help. It's funny how noone can trust this community to keep a simple Prop down without minging it, Inmaturaity is Dominant here. Guess we do need a Prop where only admins can pick up, sad isn't it?

Paintcheck

Mines? Fucking seriously? They better only be placed around the military base for defensive purposes and they better be marked or bans will be handed out. I don't want idiots mining the spawn teleporters or mining the entire factory area for lulz/powergaming.

irondeity

I agree with Paintcheck, if it isnt the Military, then someone had better have a -very- good reason for having a mine anywhere. They take training to use, very special training for a very, very delicate handling. My heavy use of the word "very" is very evident. Maybe it'd be best to remove them all together.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

jaik

There's prop protection now, and OOC mine is a bad idea, trust me.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Aresty

None of you seen the Mines item, did you ? They are actual Mine Props from HL2, if not like it. THey can be seen and they can be destroyed.

jaik

Quote from: Aresty on 04-10-2010
None of you seen the Mines item, did you ? They are actual Mine Props from HL2, if not like it. THey can be seen and they can be destroyed.

And that's even worse.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Plunger

Idea, mines are fucking stupid.

[/thread]