Military/Duty Server?

Started by andrewhatesyou, 21-02-2011

andrewhatesyou

Yesterday, we switched from Sector42 to The Garbage. Everybody was trying to find a base, and Duty/Military couldn't. Now Military and Duty took over Server 2 so Server 1 is becoming dead. I think that the two factions shouldn't get their own server. If Military aren't on S2, there won't be much FearRP on S1.
It's also splitting the playerbase. 22 people were on Server 2 and 9 people on Server 1. Not to be a pain, but I really don't think we can split the playerbase in half just yet. Last thing is that Server 2 is meant to be an event server not a faction server.

Sorry for the bad grammar, I am kinda' in a rush.

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate

Duranblackraven

Sever 2 WAS an event server, but if you didn't notice it was unlocked and allowed access to the general public. Thusly it's not an event server anymore. And, how and WHY would we regulate what server they can or can't be on? That's completely dumb. The only thing I can say is bump the allowed players from 24 to around 35.

Paintcheck

How does them playing on one server suddenly make it "A faction server"? It's not their personal server they just have people on it. Go play on the other server if seeing more than 10 mili/duty in the same place bothers you. Given that 99% of the time the server used to be 20+ mili on at once and very few other players as it was I don't really see the difference.

jaik

Thanks for reminding me, Ecologists will switch to server 2
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

N4iki

Quote from: Jake on 21-02-2011
Thanks for reminding me, Ecologists will switch to server 2

Thats actually good idea, now yantar can be back if Freedom stays on server 1.
mirite?

Dug

Sanctioned and Outcasts switched to server 2 too.
Orion remained on S1.
I've told Exile we are switching, he didn't look like he cared.
Other than that, Military & Duty won't be coming to server 1 due to lack of bigger bases and proper bases overall. On the sidenote it is not our server, we just dominate it.
And to be honest, I'm having much more fun over here, rather than on S1.
People don't spam OOC as much and duty is filling the gap of it's passive roleplay lack.

Aresty

Lack of Doom Fortress

nKe

It's more fun here in s1 ^_^

deluxulous

Quote from: Nik3 on 21-02-2011
It's more fun here in s1 ^_^

It really isn't, though. I've had more fun today and last night in S2 than I've had since I came back to HGN.

Legit|Brandon

So No more shooting up Duty  :-\
For Freedom

N3gativezero

It seems like by doing this Military and Duty have blockeded themselfs off from everyone else, and, becuase they're allies, they're going to be stuck in perpetual passive RP, with possibly the occasional NPC-based event. I honestly could care less if they want to stick to server two becuase they can't find a doomfort, but perhaps it's best to not abandon S1 completely.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

KillSlim

Server 1 isn't really empty to be honest, it feels like it has something is missing though with the absence of Duty and the Military.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Legit|Brandon

Well its not really stalker with out the Main Factions..
For Freedom

Nargotah

Quote from: KillSlim on 21-02-2011
Server 1 isn't really empty to be honest, it feels like it has something is missing though with the absence of Duty and the Military.

Eh, I think it makes sense that Military Duty and Freedom aren't within three minutes walk of eachother.

Silver Knight

The factions are going about this the entire wrong way. Factions should secure bases on both servers. The garbage has plenty of potential bases to take over. Military could easily set up a nice checkpoint near the cordon and secure it. You should not stick to just one server. That's not how it's meant to be. Think of both the servers as being one large map divided up by a "connect" button.

All factions need to have a main base. As stated in the rules but you are supposed to take and control other bases too. Freedom and Duty need to keep on doing events against each other to provide faction waring and entertainment for both sides. Im Sick of just me calling such events myself because the leaders cannot be bothered to agree upon something to better Stalker roleplay.

Military is likely going to need a new leader as Doomburger is very inactive and military is basically falling to peices.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

deluxulous

Military is likely going to need a new leader as Doomburger is very inactive and military is basically falling to peices.

...what? What? What? What? WHAT?! You're JOKING!

N3gativezero

That would work, in theory. Only problem is that neither faction has really enugh man-power to hold two bases at a time.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

KingArthur

Quote from: Last.Exile on 21-02-2011

He is active, very active. Just not as military. Hes a good leader but everyone gets bord of leading after a while

Paintcheck

Quote from: KingArthur on 21-02-2011

He is active, very active. Just not as military. Hes a good leader but everyone gets bord of leading after a while

Urge. To say. A lot of things. That. Would get me banned. Rising. Must...resist.

Whew I think I almost had an aneurysm there.

Turkey

Quote from: Paintcheck on 21-02-2011
Quote from: KingArthur on 21-02-2011

Urge. To say. A lot of things. That. Would get me banned. Rising. Must...resist.

Whew I think I almost had an aneurysm there.

LOL. Same. I need to go cut myself to ease it.

Dug

Exile. THAT WAS A FUCKLOAD OF GIBERISH. Doomburger is possibly the most active major faction leader the faction it self is thriving and there's nothing wrong with it. We all have our moments when we go inactive, because sooner or later you get tired, but then you come back and make it even better. Currently, all major factions are stable and SHOULD NOT be touched at all.

Duty and Military share server 2, they like one base and stick to it, we are sticking to our original plan of holding a main base and an outpost. Duty constantly makes meetings and discusses how it can improve and in which way. Recently we've made it so that you must join a squad in order to get promoted. We have also enforced passive roleplay , and reward it with promotion if you do well enough. We have learned that results are excellent with this new rule and Duty/Mili feel that building shit in server 1 will make it instantly crash or make people lag , it's laggy as it is. We are staying here, in the no lag zone.  Everyone is welcome to come to server 2, ecologists have moved there along with a merc group and a stalker group. Matter of fact, we welcome a trader who wishes to set up in our base.

And no negative, WE AREN'T ALLIES, for the LAST TIME. If they enter my base without an invitation I WILL SHOOT THEM.

And the reason you say "They couldn't find a better doomfort" is because YOU, are happy with your current base in server 1. Well guess what we aren't happy and we ain't gonna stick around. We do what's best for our faction, not what's best for freedom.

Comradebritish

Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

ISPYUDIE

He's very active acctually, and mili is doing well.

Dragon

Quote from: ISPYUDIE on 22-02-2011

He's very active acctually, and mili is doing well.

I was going to post something lengthy, but then I realised ISPYs post generally summed up my thoughts, so I will quote his for truth.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

lolKieck

Hey, if you didn't notice, you can make recon squads, attack squads, look for Duty's defences and manpower, then attack with the attack squad. It's not like EVERYONE must sit at their base, they can take the initiative.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒