Metro 2033 Models

Started by Frostee, 16-07-2010

Frostee

I think it would be awesome if someone made some Metro 2033 models and used them as a suit/faction would be badass ;D

Silver Knight

No one has ripped any content from the game, so that's a no go. Although of course they would be fine for SRP and id welcome anyone who would go ahead and do it.

Also, please post in the correct forum, this is a idea/suggestion thread and as so belongs in the development subforum.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Ravanger

If we added metro 2033 models I think we should add like a new faction if we add them. Just a idea.

Frostee

yeah like a Ranger faction or something

Silence)

Where did you get that picture ? that was from an old form of the game where you go to the library with miller and a few rangers.

Alex

Quote from: Silence) on 17-07-2010
Where did you get that picture ? that was from an old form of the game where you go to the library with miller and a few rangers.

Old form of the game?
You always did that mission in it.

Silence)

Instead of going your own way to that huge library you go up with Miller and several other rangers.But they scratched that version and decided to make you alone ...again.

Smithy

Wouldn't the 2033 models take the Stalker out of Stalker? They might look nice and i am sure a few would be okay. But if it does ever happen, Only a few should be Put in, Since this is Stalker Rp.
'Dweller'
KIA, Body not found. PDA Discovered.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kergert - Initiate Kergert Active.
Location unknown.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Jester
Active/Alive - Location zone sector
Urban Mercnary Suit|Groza|Vogs attached

Ace of Hearts

Quote from: Smithy on 09-08-2010
Wouldn't the 2033 models take the Stalker out of Stalker? They might look nice and i am sure a few would be okay. But if it does ever happen, Only a few should be Put in, Since this is Stalker Rp.

They look appropiate for the setting, I don't see why we can't add them all.

And on the subject of making a faction specifically for the models; NO! ><

jaik

Porting them from Metro 2033 will be hard.
There are no tools for importing Metro2033 models to smd.
So you need to code that and make a new skeleton for the model.
Also it's never guaranteed that the model will work, so you're going to have to fix it.

Now, is it worth all of the work listed above?
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Paintcheck

Sounds like a great idea let us know when you have finished porting them and animating them to HL2.

It's fucking hard enough getting CSS models to work in Gmod and those are for a source game. Don't make a suggestion if you have no idea how to achieve the goal because it is quite difficult to do something like this.

Sharrock

Metro models could look amazing some stalker models in my opinion.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Kay, bend over under that guillotine.
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: ...
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Wait.
Sharrock: Homo
|HGN-STSA| Doomburger: Fuck.

Tom: Look at the roster
Doomburger: "110th Regiment Blood Company Reaper Squad Roster
Started by Doomburger"
Doomburger: get my name off
Doomburger: I beg you
Doomburger: I may have done some ridiculous things, but come on

Silence)

In honesty a metro 2033 rp would be cool.But it would take forever to make.

Locke

If they were to be added, they would just be a donator models if there are not many, or general models if there are a good deal of them.

AwDs

No, Everyone would go around "I has bullet prrof vest and nvg and doesnt fear rp since i has suit." :P
I'm Gay!

Dug

Metro 2033 RP would be done easily if we had the models, however we do not. Making a couple of tunnels and stations, I THINK it would be quick. As you don't have to do that much as when you are making a stalker map (lotsa trees and details). This is just the monotone underground and the top would be ruined buildings and snow.

jaik

Quote from: Dug on 10-08-2010
Metro 2033 RP would be done easily if we had the models, however we do not. Making a couple of tunnels and stations, I THINK it would be quick. As you don't have to do that much as when you are making a stalker map (lotsa trees and details). This is just the monotone underground and the top would be ruined buildings and snow.

You're clearly an idiot.
Making a DECENT map for the Metro2033 setting will be hard, it must have atleast a place for every faction (Bandits, Rangers, Stations and more stations.)
Now combine that with emergency routes, technical, and tunnels.
Please, if it's so QUICK and EASY, then, go ahead and show us.

Aresty

A great thing in the Metro 2033 Book were the Stations.. so many and so unique.. I hardly belive in Metro 2033 RP to reach something like that. And It wouldn't change much from stalker, just a new map and models with almost all the same flags like SRP

Dug

Quote from: Jake on 10-08-2010

You're clearly an idiot.
Making a DECENT map for the Metro2033 setting will be hard, it must have atleast a place for every faction (Bandits, Rangers, Stations and more stations.)

Can you stop trolling for once in your life?
Other than that I believe it's easier building tunnels or at least think so and that is my opinion, if a map creator thinks otherwise then my opinion is void and you can stop being a complete dickhead.

lolKieck

Quote from: Dug on 11-08-2010
Quote from: Jake on 10-08-2010

You're clearly an idiot.

Other than that I believe it's easier building tunnels or at least think so and that is my opinion, if a map creator thinks otherwise then my opinion is void and you can stop being a complete dickhead.

Half of the emergency exits and others were collapsed, Jake, and Silver wouldn't make craploads of the emergency exits and others you were talking about, so one collapsed tunnel would be good enough. Artyom in the books was mainly travelling through the tunnels. And most likely you all have a map of Moscow metro. At least I have it in the book.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

Quote from: Dug on 11-08-2010

It seems like someone don't know what trolling is.

@Kieck
I agree with you, but I haven't read the book so.

Combine

Jake is right, but he could of put it in another way. Aslo Metro 2033 has so good models and I think it would be good to have some more models

alex4576

It would be pretty cool becasue there arent many suits to chose from. I think that it will make the server a little coller seeing new suits