Makarov: Impossible inaccuracy

Started by KillSlim, 07-08-2010

KillSlim

Okay, I think it's fair to say the Makarov has been impossibly inaccurate for a very long time on the SRP server. I do believe it is time to revamp the weapon slightly, just by improving the accuracy.
In Stalker SoC, the Makarov serves you well in the beginning of the game. It hits it's mark, it deals with the enemy and doesn't have accuracy worse than that of a Musket.

The Soviet Union adopted this pistol, and that alone is saying that the Makarov isn't a bad weapon at all.
It's reasonably accurate, cheap, reliable, it's the AK-47 equivalent of pistols.

The Makarov In-game. It's accuracy isn't very good however you need to remember that the accuracy improves when the iron-sights are used, and even without iron-sights this pistol is still usable at pistol-ranged encounters.
I say we make the accuracy ring 1/4 smaller than the cross hairs shown in the image below, merely because a proper iron sight / accuracy system hasn't been introduced yet.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Ravanger

^This ^This This this this this this THIS!

Ace of Hearts

Quote from: Ravanger on 07-08-2010
^This ^This This this this this this THIS!
^ This.

And on a more serious note; The round flying out of the barrel, turning 90 degrees straight away, and flying into the nearest wall is -NOT- realistic. Now perfection is also out of the question here, but for love of whatever higher powers exsist, increase the accuracy. ><

Tom

Accuracy on all the pistols need a tweak, The Makarov needs it the most though, since you can shoot forward and somehow the bullet magically flies behind you and hits a team mate
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Steven :D

Ace of Hearts

Quote from: Tom on 08-08-2010
Accuracy on all the pistols need a tweak, The Makarov needs it the most though, since you can shoot forward and somehow the bullet magically flies behind you and hits a team mate
This.

Even the most expensive pistols have horrible accuracy. I can fire my Desert Eagle straight ahead while looking down the sights and it'll completely miss the guy right in front of me, and keep going until it smacks into a wall behind him.

I know the weapons need to be balanced, but this is just not right. ><

Dug

50 Bullets into a Military Officer from an MP5, he didn't die. Now that, needs tweaking.

jaik

Quote from: Dug on 08-08-2010
50 Bullets into a Military Officer from an MP5, he didn't die. Now that, needs tweaking.
I think your aim just sucks and you blame it on the weapon.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Ace of Hearts

Well let's not forget Military Officer flag has 200 armor, so they basically have triple the normal HP total.

But yeah, that's unacceptable as well. ><

Paintcheck

While I was working on the sweps this came up, both accuracy and damage. Here is why I did not change most guns' accuracy (did some work with the damage though)

1. Makes firefights last longer/more rpable since you can't be sniped 50000000 yards away
2. I'm lazy and Silver didn't tell me to change the accuracy and there are like 5 different variables in the swep file that affect accuracy and minute adjustments lead to huge in game changes so I didn't want to spend 9 hours working on tweaking everything just so since in a week I will be gone and not dealing with this shit any more.

Although after I sent the new versions of the sweps off to Silver I played around with them in single player a bit and was like "WTF" so maybe an accuracy boost wouldn't be a bad thing.

I did bump up the pistol rof a lot if that makes you feel any better since the low caliber 9X19 pistols shot like 1 round every 4 seconds before. Now they shoot about 4 rounds a second if you really get on your mouse.

Dug

Quote from: Jake on 08-08-2010
I think your aim just sucks and you blame it on the weapon.

Close quarters.

Smithy

Some of the weapons need tweaking but not all of them, They don't need tweaking till its over powered. You don't want it to be like the wonderwaffle in CoD5 Nazi Zombies....
'Dweller'
KIA, Body not found. PDA Discovered.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kergert - Initiate Kergert Active.
Location unknown.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Jester
Active/Alive - Location zone sector
Urban Mercnary Suit|Groza|Vogs attached

Ace of Hearts

Quote from: Smithy on 09-08-2010
Some of the weapons need tweaking but not all of them, They don't need tweaking till its over powered. You don't want it to be like the wonderwaffle in CoD5 Nazi Zombies....

Or the MP-40. That gun is just... Eww...

KillSlim

I think this issue will be adressed when the new script is pre-alpha'd.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Comradebritish

It fucking should, people will only be able to buy Makys at the start, if we have weapons that can't hit shit, we'll all be dead.
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

Ace of Hearts

Quote from: Jake on 23-08-2010
Quote from: SimplyStealth on 09-08-2010
Or the MP-40. That gun is just... Eww...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LVCULd9uyQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6LVCULd9uyQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The horror... The sheer horror...

Mangoman

I think it's also how rpers treat it, I see way too much "*The makarov bullets glints off his armor*", and shit like that. It's still gonna hurt to be shot, no matter what gun.

alex4576

The makarov should at least be able to hit once or twice bacause it is realy all a rookie can buy at the beggining