Gasmask and helmet items

Started by Bielecki, 30-04-2010

Bielecki

Rather then buying a whole new suit together, how about the ability to buy a Gasmask or helmet on its own?

This idea became a possiblity to me when I came across a model pack that hopefully will be released soon.
http://img.gameru.net/?v=0453a.jpg
http://img.gameru.net/?v=6dc07.jpg

Now, scripting is in no way my line of work but I figured that maybe this could use the same type of code that is used to display the gun on your back? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Obviously this would only work on a few models, like the Rookie suit or Trench coat.
They could offer the player protection against radiation and maybe some armor.

Duranblackraven

That's a cool idea, get someone that knows how to parent the mask/helmet models to the player models and that'd get things rolling. I could see just scripting it like the suits were, once it's in your inv. just have it parent to you and give you the protection.

Dug

I like this. Have an actual item which is gas mask or helmet.

Steven :D

VoidRP Has this already implemented, you can use snippets from that, or learn from it?

Bielecki

It will work just a little like Hatmaker.

Turkey

I suggest using pac for this

cl4p-tp

Wow this is an amazing idea, great for my eco seeming he hates wearing the suits.

KingArthur

We tryed PAC stuff, people abused it.

Dug

Quote from: KingArthur on 02-05-2010

Q.Q Why do people tend to abuse everything that is good?
What did they do anyway >.<?

Bielecki

Thats understandable, I can see it happening.
But we don't need to use PAC for this anyway, it can be done with another script. Like I said, maybe something like the script that places the gun on your back.

Or people have to apply for PAC, with very strict rules.

Aresty

lolKieck

Quote from: Dug on 02-05-2010

Q.Q Why do people tend to abuse everything that is good?
What did they do anyway >.<?

People were putting bushes on them, claiming it's a ghillie. 75% of the server had them.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Supercool

The only issue is that you either have to use a very laggy entity, or deal with the weapon entity that has a tendency to randomly disappear.

KingArthur

PAC would work w/ resrictions- but I cant see that happening

Lion

Pac would work if it was scripted to exlude really big props, and stopping people from going over a certain scale. For a decent scripter this wouldn't be hard to make. Infact, the server could release a spawnlist named ' PAC ALLOWED PROPS ' or something like that, which the PAC would spawn from. I'm just puttin my thoughts aloud.

Bielecki

If we did use PAC again it would have to have very heavy regulations and an application thread to get it.
So I don't see why we shouldn't add it in again.

Steven :D

Quote from: Bielecki on 07-05-2010
If we did use PAC again it would have to have very heavy regulations and an application thread to get it.
So I don't see why we shouldn't add it in again.

Either this or make it donator only, don't say im greedy when i said make it donator only, i mean really if people are going to abuse the fuck out of it (Which i bet people will) Then they would either have to apply or donate or it. If people are forced to donate for it maybe it wouldn't be at experienced, veteran and etc levels, possibly something like donator models except at diffrent levels, One for basic access, allowing some things and not all or a maximum prop limit using PAC and Advanced, etc.

I Like the level idea, but if its donator only it will solve a lot of abuses, in most cases. We could still make it so you have to apply for a diffrent acess, etc.

Goose

Donators abuse to, fact it's mostly donators who have been banned for abusing shit like flags or just being assholes who piss everyone off by doing stupid shit, It should be Apps like TT but a bit more stict if this was going to happen
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Bielecki

Goose is right, it would make it worse.
Apps would be the best way to stop abusing.

lolKieck

Quote from: Bielecki on 07-05-2010
Goose is right, it would make it worse.
Apps would be the best way to stop abusing.

Or make 3 items maximum at PAC. We don't need bushmen and bushwomen too. And ghillie suits would have to be apped for too.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Aresty

I agree with the Apps requirment.

Bielecki

Maybe I should make a poll to bring back PAC with Apps?
But I don't want to be a nuisance to Silver and SuperCool since they will have to do a little scripting.

Aresty

Do the poll, I'm sure that in a month or two we will have the script :D

Goose

How about -NO- Ghille suits what so ever, because it is kind of BS i mean where would duty or freedom get a Ghille suit? seriously, unless its actually made of plants which would be shitty because it would decompose on you.

But yea should do a poll.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

alex4576

If there is a helmet and gasmask added then there should be like a gas bomb or something for people are forced to wear on or die