Flags

Started by Dug, 24-03-2010

Dug

So I was looking at the factions and I don't know if this was suggested earlier, I'm too lazy to search.

While I was looking at it I figured there is no "Bandit" nor "Mercenary" flag.
Just like we have stalker flag we could have those two.
Bandit(for everyone , no paychecks, starts with the PDA just like stalker)>Experienced Bandit(donator only + paychecks)>Veteran Bandit(donator only + paychecks)>  ?

Basically the same goes for mercenaries.

How should the bandit model look? Well the current black jacket models would be the models for bandits.

Mercenaries? No idea to be honest.

Stalkers should be pretty much any other color than black.
This would help stop "lolbandits" "lolmercs"

Other than that we should add Veteran Traders as donator only they would have access to some VERY NICE equipment and you would need admin recommendations for them, as this would stop abusive donators.
Experienced traders maybe yes maybe no?

Maybe we should make it so there are many different kinds of traders who sell different kinds of equipment.

Duty trader (sells only weapons that duty offers in the real game of stalker)
and so on.

Also should add the barkeep flag , maybe?

It was just me throwing out ideas , I'd like to know what the rest of HGN thinks about this.

One question , is it possible to have weapons decrease their quality over time in source engine? Is it possible ? To make it jam and stuff? If so we could introduce the flag called "Technician" he would have the ability to repair your guns and the cost would be determined by the kind of weapon.

Bielecki

I like your Technician idea.

Cheesums

Can't really do much with the weapons because they're just SWEP's, I'm pretty sure. But there is supposed to be an upgrade system coming around for suits soon.

Zstan

Why in the fuck would a bandit get a paycheck?!

That makes no sense at all.

Cheesums

^^^^
I agree very much.

Dug

I ask you, why does experienced and veteran stalker get paycheck then?

Cheesums

No paychecks make sense.

Dug

I believe the paycheck system for donator flags was put there to show HGN is thankful for the donations.
Other than that I believe the paycheck system is put there to actually stimulate the economy plus to show that "experienced" and "veteran" with money.

Torch

HGN isn't thankful for emercs using your thought Dug :\

Plunger

Quote from: Dug on 24-03-2010
One question , is it possible to have weapons decrease their quality over time in source engine? Is it possible ? To make it jam and stuff? If so we could introduce the flag called "Technician" he would have the ability to repair your guns and the cost would be determined by the kind of weapon.
From what I've heard in vent this would require over one hundred SWEP variants be added.

Welek

Anything else than trader no.
Bandit flag maybe
tech sounds cool

everything else no

Dug

Not all of you have to answer with "I like" "No" etc.etc. play with the idea, give your suggestion.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Bielecki on 24-03-2010
I like your Technician idea.

Already in my mind

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Dug

Good to hear.

Anatoly

I don't get why experienced stalker and higher gets paychecks...I mean they probably don't all have one job with one salary, they're pretty much freelancers. just like everyone else...And if it's to show that HGN is thankful for the donations, then the Experienced and Veteran flags of Bandits and Mercs should have it too.

Steel

You got to remember... what else are you goin to donate for?
Thats one of the perks.

Locke

Wait, there are already flags for mercenary and bandits.

Szenti

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 26-03-2010
Wait, there are already flags for mercenary and bandits.
He was talking about starting flags, nope?

Dug

If you take a good look you will see you have Experienced Bandit , Veteran Bandit, Experienced Mercenary , Veteran Mercenary or whatever.

However if you take a look at the stalker/loner flags you will see that:

There's the flag which will all start with "S.T.A.L.K.E.R"
And the rest like Experienced stalker and Veteran Stalker is donator just like the ones above.

Now what I was suggesting is that we have a flag called "Bandit" or "Mercenary" who is one of the starting flags.

So we would have three different starting flags.
And you can pick Bandit/Stalker/Mercenary. That's my suggestion.
Note: Mercenary and Bandit would start the same as Stalker.
Difference: Different name for flag and better recognition of people around you. No more "lolmercs" "lolbandits"

GeneralGold

^^^^^
I agree, why the hell would STALKERS and Bandits have paychecks, there suppose to make money by Robbing, or just doing shit for ecologists. Especially Bandit, they make there money by robbing people, why are they able to wait an hour and get free money?
Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

alex4576

if everyone could start a bandit there would just too many and bandits would rob other bandits

Dug

Quote from: alex4576 on 24-08-2010
if everyone could start a bandit there would just too many and bandits would rob other bandits

Most people kill bandits and it takes skill to be a successful one. I for an example like to kill them and torture them. So most of them would rage quit.

Comradebritish

Well dug, you could ween out the stronger Bandits from the weak ones, the smarter bandits would be making gangs and connections, then robbing. Dumbfucks would buy a maky and charge up to the Lt.Col's Boot and go "Gimme all your fookin mooney." then rage when nitro rapes them :D
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.