Economy, look at me!

Started by Comradebritish, 19-10-2010

Comradebritish

Alright, this is the Ring of power and the circle, Let me explain.

Sitting no the ring should be the traders, I'll move onto what I think should happen with them in a moment. And Major factions Duty, Freedom and Monolith, even if monlith will become a sub faction. . . And then the Military, who in their own rights are pretty much Traders, and a major faction smashed into one.

The rest of us schmuks gotta sit in the circle, I don't care who you are, if you aint a Soldier, Factioner or Trader, you sit down here with the rest of us. Gear comes from the traders into the circle, and jobs from factioners and Traders as well. THe military keeps u all under check and provides jobs to some mercs. However, what comes in will make things be produced within the circle, and eventually leave it. Artifacts, when they are finished, other zoneish items and Hard labour from Mercs and stalkers, possibly bandits. . .

Traders

Alright, this is what i think should happen. All traders, back down to basic, tier 1 gear, that is it and everyone gets 10 grand, bare with me on this one. The only way to get higher tiers and more stuff, is to control another trader, there are two ways. Firstly, the pansy way of going off and talking to a trader and creating an alliance of sorts, but who wants to work for someone or look after a weakling trader right? So I have this, Hostile Takeover, no this is where the ten grand comes im. Want Fame and money? You are going to need some mercs. . . and they need guns in order to do your dirty work right, so you do your trader business sell shit, buy shit then sell it at godzilla price, in order to fund your ill gotten gains.

Traders will have a large influence on how the zone runs, because that is where ALL the shit should come from, that section of the Ring. Lets say you got some good mercs and have say 3 tiny traders on your belt, you get tier 2 and so on and so forth, eventually, we will either have one headdog incharge of all traders, or laods of small groups, just strong. This will spark up fights and mini events it also gives Stalkers and bandits something to do. Bandits can do some off hand work, for themsleves or for a trader, and ambush shit, steal supplies and other things, all for their own gain. Stalkers get the oppurtunity to do odd jobs and tasks the trader needs doing, but won't risk his precious mercs to do so.

Factions

Lets get something straight, factions right now suck ass! They have no influence over anything but themselves, this shit has to change. Factions have their own ideals and in the stalker games were always competing for territory, our factions? They have nothing to do with eachother, the occasional scrap here and there, where is this drive to be the best? To be the biggest and baddest group in the zone? Its nowhere.

Faction wars, territories up for grabs, and it will be a constant battle, for smaller outposts anyway. . . For the larger ones like tunnels and bases, their will have to be organised fights basically "IN 5 DAYS WE ARE FIGHTING FOR "Are name here" Agaisnt Faction X, be there or demotion!" Basically that, it will benfit factions, maybe bandits if they cut in on the fighting, ambushing and taking advantage of the confusion.

Stashes. . .

These are actually becoming a problem, in the format they are in anyway. Stashes made by an admin are a stupid idea, here is this rule, Stashes are PLAYER based, sell the information to a trader, who can sell it to a stalker, that helps everyone out, instead of this supremo weapon hoarding BULLSHIT we are getting, looking at you midnight, and you Smilo-Tards.

Conclusion

I feel like a dick for writing this, but Ace told me to after I ranted at him >.> anyway feedback, feel free to shoot me to pieces I don't mind it. . .
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

Paintcheck

Stashes made by admins make sense. No player is going to buy a gun and give it away in a stash because they'd then sell the stash info to a trader for more than the gun costs to get their money back. Which means the trader has to sell the stash info for even more and the person who finds the stash gets fucked because they will have paid more for the "stash info" than any contents in the stash cost. Admin stashes are working well, the only thing I will change about them are the admins who put too high tier guns in them (ie Spas12s, AN94s, etc) since that is really fucking over Tier 1 traders who can't sell guns to anyone because people are finding better guns for free. But I've already posted that in the admin forums so that should be fixed soon.

There is nothing wrong with the current trader system and your proposed system wouldn't work because no one will be subservient to someone else if everyone has an equal playing field. So what would likely happen is a Trader's Union-type thing which Exile doesn't like and really overcomplicates the buying/selling system. Traders are fine the way they are other than some things still coming in shipments.

Factions do need to start doing stuff, that is frustrating I agree. But it seems only 1 faction is on at a time. I see 5 soldiers and 1 Freedomer and then in a few hours that number will reverse to 5 Freedomers and 1 soldier. The problem is factions don't have any incentive to attack each other since it costs them a fortune in ammo and guns and doesn't gain them any physical reward, just the satisfaction of winning the fight. That is what needs to change.

Tom

Why make a stash? When you can put it in the safe box of infinite crap?
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Recreas

Agreed with the faction part, there should be a reward for all that ammo waste. And stashes... there shouldn't be a lot of them and they should only contain some basic items like a makarov or another pistol,medikits,drinks/food? And more other stuff. And the trader system is fine really... The only problem is that traders can't buy everything because there's too much people that found too much items, in too much stashes.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Steven :D

Economy also went down a bunch of notches when I lost 20kRU in cash and another 20k in weaponry and items.

Aresty

Remove safe boxes, make normal stash, make them almost impossible to be destroyed by lol punching.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Aresty on 22-10-2010
Remove safe boxes, make normal stash, make them almost impossible to be destroyed by lol punching.

What purpose does that serve? Traders need those boxes or they will run out of inventory space and normal safe boxes can be lolstolen from.

Aresty

Well password the stashes. And Traders that need space.. well I don't know, make it that they have a command to stash items safely ? even tought, that can be abused.
Another idea, to make the Safebox to get used less, would be that admins, RP that they are some sort of group, heavily armed or whatever, which will store your items for a certain price.

Paintcheck

I am wondering what your hate against stash boxes is in the first place as I don't see how that is hurting anything.

lolKieck

Safe boxes aren't killing anyone.
Also, I see that Comrade put some hate in this thread.
Quote from: Comradebritish on 19-10-2010
Stashes. . .

These are actually becoming a problem, in the format they are in anyway. Stashes made by an admin are a stupid idea, here is this rule, Stashes are PLAYER based, sell the information to a trader, who can sell it to a stalker, that helps everyone out, instead of this supremo weapon hoarding BULLSHIT we are getting, looking at you midnight, and you Smilo-Tards.

Back to the safebox topic, they are cool, actually you can NEW SET OF ITEMS if you die and lose all of 'em. Which makes a sense to farm money, kidding, and to make jobs for traders. Though the THE EASY ONES SHOULD BE LEFT for Cats (not in the sense of a REAL cat, just rank).
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒