Day / Night cycle - Remove?

Started by KillSlim, 28-07-2010

KillSlim

I find the Day / Night cycle to be very frustrating, it just looks like the gamma of my monitor is turned down to attempt to make it look dark, it often causes my eyes to strain.
Flashlights and night-vision make very little difference.
It really doesn't make the map look good either, the sky is dark yet the map is will illuminated.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Silver Knight

Well, in source, that's as good as night gets im afraid.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Snowblinded

I think so too. It adds ambiance and all, but the flashlight and night vision really don't help at all, so it's near impossible to see while it's night time.
Lysergically yours.

Pawx

May all of the playerbase say, Night and Day system must die in a hole, at least the night part please..

Nargotah

All it really does is make my eyes hurt big time, and nobody really rps it either.

Welek

Day + Night = Hurt eyes.

Nuff said.

deluxulous

Make it a map function, so that admins can control it. Like in md_venetian.

KillSlim

Quote from: PistolKid on 29-07-2010

I agree! Really nice suggestion Pistol, never thought of that.
If this suggestion was thrown in, would if be possible to add some base lighting? Like some spotlights with some light_spots and some point_spotlights to make it look nice?
Several flickering streetlamps would be cool, maybe 1 or 2 with flickering light bulbs.
Not all the bases need bright spotlights and such.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

deluxulous

Quote from: KillSlim on 29-07-2010
Quote from: PistolKid on 29-07-2010

I agree! Really nice suggestion Pistol, never thought of that.
If this suggestion was thrown in, would if be possible to add some base lighting? Like some spotlights with some light_spots and some point_spotlights to make it look nice?
Several flickering streetlamps would be cool, maybe 1 or 2 with flickering light bulbs.
Not all the bases need bright spotlights and such.
Yes, exactly. Venetian basically just made the world lighting look like night, and had ambient lights (street lamps, etc) and indoor lighting when night was activated.

meetdadoom

I agree keep it for night roleplay however if the admin thinks that night time is alittle bit annoying atm they can switch back to day.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

alex4576

Day and night should stay because it makes the game feel more relistic