Buying in Shipments.

Started by Bucky, 02-01-2011

Bucky

I quite honestly don't know about every other trader on the server but this is becoming quite annoying...

The Issue

The frustrating part about this is that when a Stalker says something like "One Fort-12 please." and they you say "Sure." and you look into your trader menu and you see you can only buy three or four in a shipment for three thousand rubles (Not the actual price) its quite frustrating when all you want is one weapon and then you have to buy two more and find a way to use them... Sure, it's only singular for the higher up weapons like the Groza and the SIG 500 but there are quite a few rookies on the server and this makes our job A LOT harder.

The Solution

Just make all weapon purchases singular, if we need more than one of the weapon we'll buy it again just like we do with shipments of ammo... It's quite simple really...

Just think about it... It would make being a trader a whole lot easier.

jaik

Weapons are rarely(almost never) supplied by one. Shipments are there to promote IC.
Silver didn't add it because he simply decided to annoy the traders, no.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Mrtasker

in what way does it promote rp?

"Hello can I have a pistol?"
"No beacuse I have to buy it in a shipment."
"Oh ok.. *walks away.*"

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

deluxulous

Quote from: Mrtasker on 03-01-2011
in what way does it promote rp?

"Hello can I have a pistol?"
"No beacuse I have to buy it in a shipment."
"Oh ok.. *walks away.*"
He said IC. Not RP.

IC'ly it makes more sense because you wouldn't just pull one gun out of your ass, you would have some shipment.

What would be nice is to have shipments have a minimal amount of items or cost total of the items so you could create a shipment with different items, instead of having the same items. That could also call for people placing orders and picking up weapons at a later time, rather than just randomly having them on hand.

Bucky

What I said was that if we need more than one we can just buy more than one, its much simpler instead of having to think every time "Oh, do I think I'll be selling any more of this gun in the near future?"... And sure, you would most likely receive them in a shipment but that would only work if you had shipments for EVERY SINGLE gun, we traders still have to buy weapons, we don't have them lined up ready to spit out to everyone... Also, not all the weapons come in shipments, the more expensive ones come singular... I just don't see the point...

Faxxon

Quote"Oh, do I think I'll be selling any more of this gun in the near future?"

Lol welcome to marketing 101, supply and demand.

Turkey

Quote from: Faxxon on 03-01-2011
Quote"Oh, do I think I'll be selling any more of this gun in the near future?"

Lol welcome to marketing 101, supply and demand.
Owned..
Second, Let me import 1 single weapon from the outside of the zone, Even though most of those weapons don't come from outside the zone, Because thats how the zone market works, Limited amount of weapons stalker

Aresty

You guys are forgetting something VERY, VERY important. It's a game, and we need to make this enjoyable, not like in real life.  I really want shipments gone, and I don't give a damn crap about " Oh lul you can't get 1 gun into the zone. "

Turkey

Quote from: Aresty on 03-01-2011
You guys are forgetting something VERY, VERY important. It's a game, and we need to make this enjoyable, not like in real life.  I really want shipments gone, and I don't give a damn crap about " Oh lul you can't get 1 gun into the zone. "

You guys are forgetting something VERY, VERY important. It's a RP not the game, and we need to make this realistic,  like in real life.  I really want weapons, Traders have to buy in bulk, Their not a"Oh lul we only need one gun, Sure it will only cost 10,000 rubles to get it into the zone, But I just need to sell it for 3,000 rubles "

jaik

Quote from: Turkey on 03-01-2011

You guys are forgetting something VERY, VERY important. It's a RP not the game, and we need to make this realistic,  like in real life.  I really want weapons, Traders have to buy in bulk, Their not a"Oh lul we only need one gun, Sure it will only cost 10,000 rubles to get it into the zone, But I just need to sell it for 3,000 rubles "

I can't really tell if you're serious or not, either way, it was dumb.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Bucky

The thing is that as traders, we ICly already HAVE our supplies, you don't see us saying "Oh wait, I've put your order in for the gun, come back in a week." we fucking just give them the gun and tell them to enjoy...

Turkey

Quote from: Jake on 03-01-2011

I can't really tell if you're serious or not, either way, it was dumb.

:3

Khorn

The only person in the games that got shipments was Nimble. And it was a single item of choice.

Traders in the game Traded items. They don't do the whole Supply and Demand.
They sold what they got from other stalkers. That's why different traders had different items.

Bucky

Quote from: Khorn on 03-01-2011
The only person in the games that got shipments was Nimble. And it was a single item of choice.

They sold what they got from other stalkers. That's why different traders had different items.

This is exactly what I mean, I don't suggest we do this, however, we aren't all Nimble...

Paintcheck

It's a fucking retarded gameplay mechanic and all of you defending it because "it's realistic" fail to take into the fact that traders likely have inventories with them when they enter the zone and therefore don't need to order guns every 3 seconds. And remember what happened when everything came in shipments? The server was worse than it is now because no one could afford anything and traders never made jobs because they couldn't afford to reward people. You don't want to go back to that system, it's stupid and all of you have horrible short term memory if you have already forgotten how retarded that is.

Tom

Realism < Game play.

If we wanted to be "Realistic" anyone in a rookie Jacket would go into "Critical condition" if shot once.
If we wanted to be "Realistic" SRP would not exsist, as The Zone is not a real lace
If you want it to be 100% "Realistic" go LARP with REAL guns.
Not to mention SRP is FAR from realistic so the "lol it is real" argument really pisses me off.

So PLEASE for the love of GOD remove Pistol, Shotgun, and Viper shipments
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Bucky

Indeed, I hope this goes through...

Astarathia

+support.

Noone wants to be a trader because of these fucking shipments.
I would have a trader already, seeing there is rarely one arround, but that fucking shipment crap keeps me off.
Nuff said.

Khorn

Quote from: Bucky on 03-01-2011

This is exactly what I mean, I don't suggest we do this, however, we aren't all Nimble...

Yea, I wouldn't think SRP would function too well if we relied on traders trading only what they received.

But shipments isn't good either. I don't see why it was implemented.

Plunger

Quote from: Khorn on 06-01-2011
Quote from: Bucky on 03-01-2011

Yea, I wouldn't think SRP would function too well if we relied on traders trading only what they received.

But shipments isn't good either. I don't see why it was implemented.
It's not implemented, Silver was just being lazy and never removed them from the base trader script that comes with Nexus.