Ambient sounds! Please, be quiet!

Started by eroticduck, 06-02-2011

eroticduck

I am being driven crazy by the perpetual wolves, crying, gunshots and apparently thunder. Please make the map have less annoying sounds.

Bielecki

Oh stop, its not that bad. Maybe you should turn your speakers down?

Ravanger

I am fine with it, it can be much at certain times but it is enjoyable. Also if you find a certain sound to annoying you can stop it for a short period with stopsounds in consle.

eroticduck

Quote from: Ravanger on 06-02-2011
I am fine with it, it can be much at certain times but it is enjoyable. Also if you find a certain sound to annoying you can stop it for a short period with stopsounds in consle.

No. Once you do stopsounds, it comes back instantly. That's the problem I have with it.

Turkey

Quote from: eroticduck on 06-02-2011

No. Once you do stopsounds, it comes back instantly. That's the problem I have with it.

heres a bright fucking idea, Rp them, It's the zone, Deal with it.

Tom

Quote from: Turkey on 06-02-2011

+1 Post count, also I promised you I would ban you once you beat Lucidious here you go.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

eroticduck

Quote from: Turkey on 06-02-2011

You're missing my point. If it wasn't a constant loop of the same loud sounds with no pause in-between, I would be fine. It is though.

Tom

A lot of people don't like this. Pro Tip: Don't go in any tunnels (If possible) and when you jump out of spawn run directly left toward freedom base, Or Run directly right to that base with the brick wall, and jump the wall come out and follow the train track, DO NOT GO anywhere NEAR the APC at spawn, that area triggers "Ambient" sounds
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

eroticduck

Quote from: Tom on 07-02-2011
A lot of people don't like this. Pro Tip: Don't go in any tunnels (If possible) and when you jump out of spawn run directly left toward freedom base, Or Run directly right to that base with the brick wall, and jump the wall come out and follow the train track, DO NOT GO anywhere NEAR the APC at spawn, that area triggers "Ambient" sounds

I'll do my best to avoid those areas!!

Tom

I hope in the next map if we have "Ambient" sounds that they happen less frequently and are quieter.
Oh boy.

ISPYUDIE

Yeah, more subtle sounds would be better.

Zstan

I like to compare the sounds with howler monkeys, or Cliff Racers. It sounds horrible when the sounds overlap.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

deluxulous

Quote from: Zstan on 08-02-2011
I like to compare the sounds with howler monkeys, or Cliff Racers. It sounds horrible when the sounds overlap.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's almost as bad as a J Beib concert.

Tom

Its as though SK had no concept of "Volume" and "Subtleness"
Oh boy.

mikeywrenn

Yeah, we were trying that, but the longest silence you get is still less than a second.

*Bang* *Bang* *Ba-HOOOOWWWWLLLLL* *SCRREEAA- BANG BANG* .. *Bark* *Ba-THUNDER*
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Tom

Yeah. The ambient noises are hardly ambient. Which is why I avoid them with abuse of admin to avoid the "Ambient sound" triggers. Though the Tunnel Ambient sounds arn't that bad, its just the Outside noises that annoys everyone. (To think once apon a time people thought Ambient noises and a day/night script would improve fear RP)
Oh boy.

jaik

What are you guys talking about?
I don't have any ambient sounds at all.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Turkey

Quote from: Jake on 09-02-2011
What are you guys talking about?
I don't have any ambient sounds at all.
I only hear gunshots. Thats about it. Maybe installing the content wrong was a good thing?

Jazer

I just find the ambient noises too loud in comparison to other sounds.