Technical Difficulties!

Started by KazMartell, 02-08-2014

KazMartell

So, we've had a bit of a problem.

First off, to everyone who got in on the launch event, thanks for coming- and sorry I was a bit late.

For those who missed out, we'll get you into the story sooner than later.

But... on to the problem.

The server has suffered some kind of catastrophic crash that resulted in the loss of our world. Said world may be corrupted, as some people are crashing when attempting to get onto it.

The server crash is still being investigated, but it is suspected that someone was online using a mod that taxed the server to the point of crashing.

Due to these problems we're going to rebuild everything on the current planet- if it proves to continue being a problem, we'll find a new one.

We will also be initiating a password protocol, and those who have been accepted will be sent the password.

If anyone happens to know anything about the crash and/or what may have caused it (from those who may have been online at the time) please let us know.

Feolthenos

We've added a new password that will be given out in Private messages, and are currently rebuilding the small settler world hub, thank you for your patience.

Ragolution

Quote from: KazMartell on 02-08-2014
The server has suffered some kind of catastrophic crash that resulted in the loss of our world. Said world may be corrupted, as some people are crashing when attempting to get onto it.

Why didn't you have a backup?

ALWAYS have a backup

KazMartell

One of the things that wasn't deemed necessary yet, due to the fact it was a relatively small build and Starbound's coordinate system provided a layer of protection.

Obviously, hindsight is 20/20. We now have a password, and I'm still trying to figure out how to get a proper save. Starbound isn't making that part easy.

Regardless, it has been confirmed that at least in this instance the fault was from outside parties performing an illegal action on the server, which resulted in a crash. Why it broke OUR world I don't know, but with a password we'll be able to prevent that instance in the future, at least in theory.

Not to say I'm not looking for a way to save the universe, but... such is life.