So, what's happening now?

Started by Feolthenos, 30-06-2014

Feolthenos

Right now, Just to let everyone who's interested that the Starbound server is in fact up, And I'm trying out some creative mode add-ons to help me with my building.  (Fucking AGES to find the blocks legit)

Kaz is currently working on the Lore and James is helping with the skeleton of server applications.

Leave your worries, support and questions here while we're undergoing our work.

Thanks for your patience

Feolthenos

Around about halfway through the first event world, the Retribution.
Will post some screen caps soon so you can get some forum RP down without being blind.

Edit: Done, check out the RP thread for more details.

Feolthenos

Now that we are in the closing stretch of setting everything up, we're close to releasing the server information to the public.

How's it going to work you ask?

The I.P. address will be handed out to all those who've applied and been accepted via private message, the server doesn't have a password and considering the vastness and the protective measures that have already been built in via the game itself I don't think it will actually have one in the near future.

The protective measures of which I speak are in fact the co-ordinates, they are hard to get ahold of, even if you're on someone elses ship they only show the co-ords of your own ship, weather or not this is purposeful it's marvelously executed and provides a delightful safety net.

The Co-ords of the current worlds will also be passed on via private message but worlds passed will be made public on the forum, less there's a majority vote to keep this under the hat as well.

I ask that once you receive the I.P. address that you keep it under your hat, and also to keep the co-ords to yourself aswell, Kaz and I will be keeping track of them and anyone who might ask for either of them in game or on the forum doesn't know them for a reason.

Also make sure you write down any worlds that you've spent time building on, just so you don't lose it.

Feolthenos

Alright, Remember when I said that I wasn't putting a password on the server?

I lied, Some french citizens have been buggin' around on it. As aforementioned, it's not that HUGE a deal considering the scale of the galaxy and the idea that they might stumble accross anyones build... BUT

They may flood OOC chat, and there's no way to mute that.
So
Password
Peace.

ETA 1-2 week(s) till our first official event, then we shall begin RP, sorry it's taken so fuckin' long already... I realised I've been through one whole billing cycle already @.@

But yes, It will be soon... Sooner if I finish the small settler world build

PESTER JAMES TO BE ON BECAUSE HE HAS THE FIRST EVENT WORLD ON HIS WHOLE SHIP.

srsly.

Syndraell

Quote from: Feolthenos on 21-07-2014
PESTER JAMES TO BE ON BECAUSE HE HAS THE FIRST EVENT WORLD ON HIS WHOLE SHIP.

Damn Right I do.
The ship looks pretty badass.
https://www.youtube.com/v/XkW512TRAeQ&autoplay=1

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Feolthenos

Updates Updates Updates...

This week has been rediculosuly busy, but for sadly the wrong reasons.. Minor setback, No probs bobs, Pestering the boys to do their work...

I can't wait to walk you all through what we've done.

I HFJKA CAN'T WAIT TO BUILD A HYLOTYL CITY.

Syndraell

Pretty big setback for me.

Someone died monday that i knew for a few months.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

KazMartell

Just so everyone is aware, I've taken over building the ship to give James a break. Construction should be complete within the next few days, barring any opposition to the design.