Want to help SWRP? Look Here!

Started by Silver Knight, 23-04-2011

Silver Knight

Im very busy putting together a content pack atm.

Ive wrote up some base lore as you can see in the other thread but would like some help preparing for SWRP.

Here's somethings you may be able to help with.

Playermodels- Find alien\suitable playermodels that are already playermodels\npc rigged models (Combine\Human only)

I can convert them into proper playermodels that can be used. Ive already done the mass effect stuff.

Weapon models - Preferably stuff with view models, without view models (commonly v_MODELNAME) You wont see the weapon in your hands which is a huge issue. So find suitable weapons with view models.

Lore\Race Backgrounds
We have a fair amount of custom alien races to do using various playermodels from different games. Being in the unknown regions we have such a freedom do as we please so im looking for suitable "lore" backgrounds for said races.

Here are races that need new names and backgrounds to become sentinents in our system.

Krogan
Quarians
Collectors
Geth
Salarians
Turians
Hanar
Predator (Note that we have masked and unmasked)
Beserk (From GoW)
Hunter (From Prey)
Krall (Ut3)

(Existing Star Wars stuff remains the same however said races above need new backgrounds and plots. The names should probably also be changed..)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

mikeywrenn

[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Silver Knight

Quote from: mikeywrenn on 23-04-2011
Aside from using Vortigaunts;

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=47829

I thought it was obvious i already have all the star wars playermodels out there.

mikeywrenn

Pressed enter before I'd finished the actual post, and it says that you need Alien models, which both links contain them. (The first has some that are and some that aren't.)

Then there's some weapon models, but not rigged up as weapons. Also some laser weapons, but not starwars canon.
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Frostee

Silver Knight

Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 23-04-2011
QuoteGeth
Quarians
Krogans
Turians

(Geth and Quarians) http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=93623

(Krogans) http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=109456

(Turians) http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=113059

QuoteIve already done the mass effect stuff.

What you quoted was for backstories not content.

Ragolution

nonononononomasseffectnononononono

Edit: If I see Mass Effect races in this, you'll officially lose my support, participation and appreciation of this project.

Bielecki

I'm working on reskining generic citizens into humonoid Star Wars races. I'm kinda new to it so I might give up.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Ragolution on 23-04-2011

Edit: If I see Mass Effect races in this, you'll officially lose my support, participation and appreciation of this project.

It's just the use of the models and maybe their names. That's it. They are Unique Races that we are making.

Turkey

QuoteKrogan
Quarians
Collectors
Geth
Salarians
Turians
Hanar
Predator

oh boy! It sure looks like star wars RP!

Cutch

Quote from: Ragolution on 23-04-2011

Lol its not like that is a necessary piece of the project anyway.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

irondeity

Heres the pitch. If people are so concerned about using Mass Effect aliens for some of the 'undiscovered' species for SW's, then by all means go make some ugly, weird, goofy shit aliens to be used as models. Noones stopping you, go on, do it. What? Cant? Oh, tough luck then. Deal with it, RP is RP. heres an overused but helpful line, 'Dont be a problem, be a part of the solution.'

Good day.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Bielecki

I dunno, those Mass effect models might be a bit of a atmosphere killer.

Ragolution

Quote from: irondeity on 23-04-2011
Heres the pitch. If people are so concerned about using Mass Effect aliens for some of the 'undiscovered' species for SW's, then by all means go make some ugly, weird, goofy shit aliens to be used as models. Noones stopping you, go on, do it. What? Cant? Oh, tough luck then. Deal with it, RP is RP. heres an overused but helpful line, 'Dont be a problem, be a part of the solution.'

Good day.

It's not a matter of "Can't"
It's a matter of "Fuck that, too much work"
on my end, atleast.

Quote from: Bielecki on 23-04-2011
I dunno, those Mass effect models might be a bit of a atmosphere killer.

This.

EDIT:Why don't we just do Mass Effect RP if everyone is so in love with the models?

Roy

is that all you can do Rag?
Bitch if you don't get something and bitch if its not your way of doing it?
This is Star Wars Rp not Mass Effect Rp and if your not willing to do work then dont bitch about others

Ragolution

Quote from: Sith 121 on 23-04-2011
This is Star Wars Rp not Mass Effect Rp and if your not willing to do work then dont bitch about others

Cool ad hominem bro.

My point being, with the Mass Effect models in use, one of two things will happen;

People will assume it's the Mass Effect race at first glance because, face it, new people automatically assume things when it's seen. You see Geth; first thought? Geth. Even people who are "veterans" make the same mistake.

or

No wait, that's pretty much it.

I don't see why people are FOR this, this is a very bad idea and as Bielecki said, it's a HUGE wound in the genuineness of the whole Star Wars element. If I ever want to go play "Every race from every Sci-Fi Game RP" I'll find some other community who has nine of them or something. I want to see Star Wars RP, on HGN- It's not just three people's opinions that matter.
If Asshole 1 2 and 3 like the idea, but no one else does, you'll have a maximum of three people on your server.

I don't even see why this is still a supported thing. What the fuck.

jaik

Who ACTUALLY wants to see this up?
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Dug

Lol Ragolution is right. Might aswell call it Mass Effect RP or just make up our own new name and a whole new scene and timeline.

jaik

Quote from: Dug on 24-04-2011
make up our own new name and a whole new scene and timeline.

+ 1 Another Desertia RP Clone
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

Mmmmm Mass Effect RP...

Bielecki

Quote from: Jake on 24-04-2011
Who ACTUALLY wants to see this up?

Do you mean a Star wars server in general? I'd love to see a Star Wars server, as long as it's desgined well and not just influenced by people's fantasy's.

In the case of Mass effect models, yes we need content but they won't be doing us any favors trying to make a Star Wars server.

Cutch

This

-Blake/Last Exile

Ragolution

Quote from: Cutch on 24-04-2011
This

Cool ad hominem bro.

Plunger

Everyone whining about mass effect models, go make some star wars models if you don't like them, but whining isn't going to solve it.

Cutch

Quote from: Ragolution on 24-04-2011
Quote from: Cutch on 24-04-2011
This

Cool ad hominem bro.
We aren't trying to defface you, your argument is just so ffucking retarded that it makes me want to punt a puppy. Not to mention that Sith has a point that you have a mean streak of bitching whenever things don't go your way. Also, your blatant vanity is hilarious when you try to bargain with it.

-Blake/Last Exile