Status of STARWARS Roleplay

Started by Silver Knight, 21-06-2012

Silver Knight

I am putting this Here so you can understand what is currently going on and if you want to help. You can find the status of starwars roleplay and what i am currently doing. Right now things are in the debate\talk stage.

Star Wars Current Status until alpha: Gathering Content\Debate Stage.

My Current Status: Nothing\Break\Family Stuff.

Steps until Alpha:

Debate\Talk Stage -
This is very important and allows me to gain feedback on what you as players want\think about the direction, diversity and outcome of starwars roleplay. Some idea's i implement or set aside, or further develop on them. It's very crucial and helps develop a playerbase around what we are trying to create. After all this is roleplay. This stage is a never-ending cycle. Get involved in it!

Gather Content -
I have a fair amount, although some require me to recompile (Old content). I need some GOOD skinners who can work on their OWN to do work for me and work INDEPENDENTLY on getting some custom skins for RACES. We have too much HUMAN stuff as it is.

Develop Script Features
I have already ported over all the progress i did previously on my first development of the star-wars project.

Develop Sweps
The main issue is working with the unique sweps of which i have gathered several from pre-made weapons out there. It's just taking that collective+ finding rigged models and using them.

Finalise Content-SVN
All me, fairly easy stage since i put together the content first (see gather content stage)

Prepare Factions\playerbase
Several of you have already expressed interest in factions, this will take some time to accomplish however and is also dependent on the stage bellow.

Advertise a shit ton
The most important stage and if all other steps are good then it's good to go. This involves telling everyone about the roleplay, getting them involved, putting up a facepunch thread, setting up a steamgroup, actively inviting everyone to it. Recently a metro server (AG) gathered 700 people to their group within a week which got them a huge amount of publicity. Point being if we advertise enough we will attract the right amount of players we are aiming for to collectively make this work.

Our servers problems are always lack of advertisement leading to lack of players even with the best script\map avaliable.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period