Star Wars Roleplay Infomation Thread

Started by Silver Knight, 22-04-2011

Silver Knight

Star Wars Roleplay Background
The Year: 9 ABY.
http://www.youtube.com/v/Q8f-1ctWOyA&autoplay=1

Our roleplay takes place in 9 ABY in the Dunth'olp System in the Unknown Regions. This system is made up of several different planets with several different sentinent races. The Galactic Empire have a dreadnought ship orbiting the planet Ilshavine and maintain control on it and two other planets nearby. The new republic also have a pressence on several planets too however the dominate group around are the council of afearatir which is made up of several of the sentient races around the system.

By doing roleplay in our own custom system in the unknown regions we are able to create canon while maintaining the normal star wars canon and not be entirely effected by it. This allows us to form new worlds, races, creatures, lore, jedi and such at our own will.

The Imperial Expedition
Imperial Dreadnought - Absidion
Task: Exploration & colonisation of planets in the sector and set up trade routes.

Orginally commanded by Admiral Thawn and then handed down to High-Commander Forkhith the Absidion was part of a task force of 2 Dreadnoughts and one Star Cruiser. However Adrian Forkith was KIA in a pirate raid during expedition and Captain John Twana took over the expedition, due to certain events happening outside the empire the Dreadnought Radion-II was called back to help in the war against the new republic while the star cruiser was reclaimed to Admiral Thawn.

This left the Absidion on it's own in the system although there are other imperial ships in nearby systems.

WIP - Stuff will be subject to change overtime.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Steven :D

mikeywrenn

So we'll basically have a very small amount of troopers around, leaving the roleplay open to the 'inhabitants', right?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Silver Knight

Quote from: mikeywrenn on 22-04-2011
So we'll basically have a very small amount of troopers around, leaving the roleplay open to the 'inhabitants', right?

Somewhat. When i say "small" amount i mean, no reinforcements. But there's about 2k of personal on the ship.

Steven :D

Quote from: Last.Exile on 22-04-2011
Somewhat. When i say "small" amount i mean, no reinforcements. But there's about 2k of personal on the ship.
I like that idea.

darkzerxx

Is there a way where we can come up with our own species?
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Maxi96203

*nerdgasms*

I'm liking this idea even more.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Bielecki

I hope you make a good choice on the fractions. Not just 'bad guys' and 'good guys' fractions that end up getting lead by a few distracted admins that completely ignore any of the average players because they're too busy fighting one another.

mikeywrenn

Quote from: Last.Exile on 22-04-2011
Quote from: mikeywrenn on 22-04-2011

Ah, very nice, that could lead onto some very interesting events.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Bielecki on 22-04-2011
I hope you make a good choice on the fractions. Not just 'bad guys' and 'good guys' fractions that end up getting lead by a few distracted admins that completely ignore any of the average players because they're too busy fighting one another.

Hence why Silver is making admins ineligible to run factions, since as SRP and FO has shown it is impossible for an admin to admin and run a faction without sucking at at least half of his job.

Bielecki

I don't see how it matters if they're an admin or not. The main goals of 'bad guys'/'good guys' factions is to fight one another, whoever is leading is still going to get caught up in some competition to defeat the other faction.

This type of role play requires factions that are there to support the normal non-faction players that make up the majority of the server, otherwise they are going to be left bored

Edit:

Thanks for pointing that out Maxi, bit retarded of me.

Maxi96203

I don't see how it matters if they're an admin or not. The main goals of 'bad guys'/'good guys' fractions is to fight one another, whoever is leading is still going to get caught up in some competition to defeat the other fraction.

This type of role play requires fractions that are there to support the normal non-fraction players that make up the majority of the server, otherwise they are going to be left bored

I hate to sound like a douche bag, but the words faction or factions don't have r's in them. a fraction is 1/2 or 4/1
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Paintcheck

I don't see how it matters if they're an admin or not. The main goals of 'bad guys'/'good guys' factions is to fight one another, whoever is leading is still going to get caught up in some competition to defeat the other faction.

This type of role play requires factions that are there to support the normal non-faction players that make up the majority of the server, otherwise they are going to be left bored

Edit:

Thanks for pointing that out Maxi, bit retarded of me.

Well that was to address your concern of admins not doing their jobs because they are too caught up in their own factions. As for major factions fighting, well, conflict is the essence of drama (hopefully good drama and not just whining drama) so if you're hoping for a completely passive server that probably isn't going to lead to any interesting stories or RP. The way Silver has it set up currently ICly limits the Imperial ranks which will probably manifest itself in a hard faction cap. That's also the point of setting it on the Outer Rim to avoid either the New Republic or Imperial Remnants from having a reason to say they are the ultimate power in the area.

If you read between the lines a little bit I think you'll find that it seems steps are already being taken to remedy your fears.

Visari

This looks sounds pretty cool. Can't wait for it 8)
funny gifs

mikeywrenn

Faction leaders need to have some sort of Out Of Character agreement as to when is an appropriate time to attack and such; because it usually ends up with one faction being hammered and going inactive, or going inactive and then still getting hammered.

Silver Knight

Quote from: mikeywrenn on 23-04-2011
Faction leaders need to have some sort of Out Of Character agreement as to when is an appropriate time to attack and such; because it usually ends up with one faction being hammered and going inactive, or going inactive and then still getting hammered.

The imperials, the republic and sentinent races and factions have to go through the council otherwise they risk having everyone against them.

Hessen

The imperil remenet is currently a fleet of just over 120 ships, however the imperial remenet is not unified cannon wise. each one of the old imperial admirals and moffs are vying for power. in a few years they will unify but at the moment the empire is VERY weak and at best there is a moff on the planet that had been holding out untill the star dreadnought arrived.

However the republic task groups also are streched thin, they soon will as well in a few years nearly be crushed by the re-unified empire and the second imperium. it makes sense that the moff would want to guise under peace in order to make the republic complacent and allow him to keep his position.
BURN THE HERETICS!

Roy

The Imperial Remnant had thousands of ships but they were stretched thin are were protecting the Imp planet of Bastion

Paintcheck

They definitely have way more than 120 ships. They are just disorganized as fuck since their entire leadership was decapitated with the destruction of the Death Star and the mass rioting on Coruscant as well as opportunistic fleet commanders jostling amongst themselves to become warlords of their own systems.

Roy

Yes one emperor to control them all

Hessen

Quote from: Paintcheck on 25-04-2011
They definitely have way more than 120 ships. They are just disorganized as fuck since their entire leadership was decapitated with the destruction of the Death Star and the mass rioting on Coruscant as well as opportunistic fleet commanders jostling amongst themselves to become warlords of their own systems.

Im sorry let me correct myself, Their largest fleet they could assemble at the time was a fleet of 120 ships, they are scattered as fuck of course but in their current situation 120 ships is the best they could probabbly pull together. With this being said the imperials would be vying to tie down the outer rim systems because they are entierly dependent pon heir midrim and outer rim worlds because of the lack of supplies available to them due to their empire collapsing around them.
BURN THE HERETICS!

Ragolution

Das_Uberman

The planet the server takes place on should have some sort of ties to the force, preferably also with ancient Sith or dark side artifacts (very rare), it would explain the presence of force-users, and why both the Imperial Remnant, and the New Republic want it. It might also be a good idea to include this faction: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Empire_of_the_Hand I noticed this when I looked up the time period this server is in, and this faction is formed in the unknown regions, where the server takes place. Just an idea though.