Preferred Timeline

Started by Cutch, 19-04-2011

Cutch

What timeline would you guys prefer?

KOTOR or the Dark Times?

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Maxi96203

I have a question, how would we be following the Dark Times? Would we be a clone turned storm troopers unit or something else?

EDIT: Assuming the dark times refer to the issue of Order 66 and the comic series following a Jedi named K'Kruhk
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Paintcheck

Galactic Civil War or Kotor/Old Republic. Fuck everything from Episode 1 2 or 3.

Cutch

At least in the storyline I'm writing, if we chose the Dark Times it would be around 18 BY, right after the Ghormora Massacre.

-Blake/Last Exile

Maxi96203

I prefer the Dark Times.

So would we be a storm trooper unit? Like the 501st?

Cutch

It would take place on an outer rim colony. The entire population of the server would not be storm troopers, but there would be a storm trooper units.

-Blake/Last Exile

commanthe2

Please, Dark Times. And limit Jedi either to a high donation amount like the 100$ range for max. Or only highly trusted people. Rebels (If any.) Would be IC only such as HL2. And I guess the empire would be apps. (Such as Combine.)

Das_Uberman

Both options sound intriguing, with the Old Republic theoretically there would be a scarce amount of bad guys, and a ton of good guys, with the Dark Times it would be almost the opposite, and eerily similar to the Half Life 2 Role-play server, theoretically anyway.

Ping-Pong

Anyone can be a fucking Jedi if they are one with the force, Jesus... Lightsabers aren't rare.
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Cutch

Quote from: commanthe2 on 19-04-2011
Please, Dark Times. And limit Jedi either to a high donation amount like the 100$ range for max. Or only highly trusted people. Rebels (If any.) Would be IC only such as HL2. And I guess the empire would be apps. (Such as Combine.)
So, what you are saying is that you want SWRP to be like HL2RP? That is why I want the KOTOR timeline because the Empire would be nowhere powerful enough to monitor all of the outer rim colonies, especially the ones I was considering putting the timeline in(around the Slice where Troska, Comra, Adumar systems are).

Also, Jedi and Sith in both cases will be severely limited, probably to 2-3 for each side.

-Blake/Last Exile

Pink!

I've only really played KOTOR, and know nothing about the Dark Times: personally, I'd prefer something with a larger number of Jedi, though.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Recreas

Well, I'd rather prefer the Galactic Civil War, or make sure you limit force users to those that are able to handle it.
Because otherwilse it would be just like letting a random person lead a faction, it will end in total madness unless you are lucky and chose the right person.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Silver Knight

The timeline i am considering is when after the films when both the new republic and the galactic empire are both around at the same time. Both Sith and Jedi are limited due to low numbers. This would allow multiple factions to be around at the same time and not create a overcumsome "combine" effect. The planets we roleplay on will be custom on the outer rim. Allowing us to freely introduce things such as lore, species and the like without raping the cannon of Star Wars.

This would be just before the Yuuzhan Vong attack both the new republic and the galactic empire.

The New Republic's State is that they hold a fair amount of ground. About 40% of the galactic empires former territory.

The Galactic empire hold the other 60%.

Both factions are still at war although cannon wise (15 years from when we roleplay) they make a truce to end the war.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Maxi96203

Quote from: Ping-Pong on 19-04-2011
Anyone can be a fucking Jedi if they are one with the force, Jesus... Lightsabers aren't rare.

Obviously you are a canon illiterate. Lightsabers are indeed rare. Lightsaber crystals must be mined to make a lightsaber, then it needs to be constructed with the force. You can't master the force without training, and you can't use a lightsaber without training because you would be liable to cut your hand off, among other body parts. You also have to be force sensitive, you are born force sensitive, and it is rare.

Considering how many races can be Jedi, its easy to make the order look massive and not rare at all, but in truth it is rare.

Paintcheck

It depends a lot on the timeline. After the Galactic Civil war, when Silver just said he is planning this all lightsaber construction would probably be close to a lost art since pretty much Luke is the only one left who knows how to do it.

In the Old Republic/KotoR time line while the average lay person wouldn't know how to build one, the knowledge is available pretty readily and the Jedi Order is out looking for Force Sensitive people all over the place so in that sense it wouldn't be very hard for a force user to learn properly since the Jedi are actively recruiting. Which is probably what he meant.

Bielecki

Oh god, so much lore. Couldn't we focus on a small time planet that just mines or farms or something? Not on the massive factions that rule the galaxy, it just results in irritating whining, competition and lore debates.

Paintcheck

That's why regardless of timeline we'd be on the Rim somewhere. That way the major factions could exist but they wouldn't be all pervasive.

I hope it's not during the Galactic Civil war/immediately after. I want to see Jedi vs. Sith saber fights.

Ragolution

Galactic Civil war or Great Hyperspace War.

D:

Maxi96203

Jedi's should be the most trusted, greatest RP'ers, admins or highly trusted players, ever. Just saying.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paintcheck on 20-04-2011
That's why regardless of timeline we'd be on the Rim somewhere. That way the major factions could exist but they wouldn't be all pervasive.

I hope it's not during the Galactic Civil war/immediately after. I want to see Jedi vs. Sith saber fights.

The timeline ive discussed would allow both to co-exist. So yeah.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bielecki

I really think you should avoid the two main fractions being the Sith, rebellion or anything like them. Every RP we do the biggest and strongest fractions according to the lore are our main fractions, so I propose that they should be the smaller ones that have more to offer. For example some criminal fraction like the Huns and some planet security force.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Bielecki on 20-04-2011
I really think you should avoid the two main fractions being the Sith, rebellion or anything like them. Every RP we do the biggest and strongest fractions according to the lore are our main fractions, so I propose that they should be the smaller ones that have more to offer. For example some criminal fraction like the Huns and some planet security force.

1/2's Vs. the 2/4ths sounds like a good idea.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Bielecki on 20-04-2011

Your point isn't unreasonable but it leads to the question of "If the main factions from Star Wars aren't going to be in it, then why call it Star Wars at all?" Plus the idea of a MAJOR faction is to be MAJOR. If it was Hutts vs. Security Force it would be no different from Imperials vs Rebels, Sith vs. Republic, etc. The only difference would be the name. And the name is fairly important since people think of the Empire and the Republic and the Sith and the Rebellion when they think Star Wars.

Tom

Just. . . Make sure to appoint leaders that won't nab every hobo with a pulse and the "Major factions are the main focus" won't be a problem
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Bielecki

The difference is the amount of power they have. Since they have a lot of power ICly, the leader is more likely to pull of some stupid tricks because of some OOC rivalry with the other fraction like we have seen in Forp.

If they were small time they have a lot more distractions to keep them busy rather than trying to obliterate the other team. For example, the Huts could run a Bar or two and the security forces could run some shops.

Contrary to what I said, the 2nd fraction should be some kind of business rather than a security force; this will completely blot out any fraction rivalry which I see as a wonderful thing in this type of RP.

What will this result in? We get average players going to work at the business, could be mining or building ships. Then going off to the clubs or bars for entertainment... so much more to offer. 

I'm not saying we don't have Jedi or Sith, but for the love of god, don't make them the focus.