Introduction To Star Wars Roleplay

Started by Silver Knight, 22-05-2012

Silver Knight

It's time to unmask what is currently the plan behind Star wars Roleplay. We are going to start with two servers, one will be the planet Araboorn, a desert planet and another representing the Dreadnaught class Cruiser owned by our imperial remenent.

The Timeline:

The timeline is just after the New Republic is formed and the Imperial Remnant starts forming everywhere. We are aiming for a time around 5 - 10 ABY, before the Empire of the hand.

The Location:

We are basing the roleplay on the outskirts of the Unknown Region in a custom system allowing the freedom for custom races, lore, planets and development, needless to say this co-exists with the star wars lore and still has major influences from the other imperial remenent forces\warlords and the new republic.

Factions, Crime Syndicates etc:

There are only two major factions to start off our roleplay, players are free to make their own merc groups, bandit groups, crime syndicates, corporations etc. This is the Afearatir Union and the Imperial Remnant.

The Afearatir Union is a council of representatives from various plants in our custom system and other systems surrounding ours. It exists to provide a law structure to handle disputes, trade and military organisation. We will be looking to put players into this faction to get it started.

The Imperial Remnant in our area is lead by UNDISCLOSED NAME, a self-proclaimed warlord, he has several ships in his fleet of which as stated above is the Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser and light cruiser located in the system. The are other ships in neighbooring systems including a Victory-class Star Destroyer as the Capital Ship in the area.

We are now recruiting admins, please apply here if you are interested: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/administration/positions-applications/

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Tom

Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Lucky Pig

You guys starting from scratch? I mean any ETA on the servers?

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Ket

Quote from: Lucky Piig on 24-05-2012
ETA
Yes please.
Do we have a background yet? I must approve of it.
If not I can make one.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Paintcheck

Silver wants help with the lore so talk to him and I'm sure he'd be happy to let you help

Why am I on the admin roster?

Ket

I was talking about a loading screen. But sure, lore..... ha ha..
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Silver Knight

If you want to help out Star Wars go ahead and make backstorys for the custom races, that picture above displays some of the models we have, mass effect ones are currently the main "custom" models we have to use.

Afearatir union needs more backstory and if anyone feels up to it you can always start working on the imperial remnent. Surfice to say nothing is set in stone and i\Ace have to approve it before it is.

RG4ORDR

I'm not too, ecstatic about the Mass Effect models.
er

Silver Knight

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 24-05-2012
I'm not too, ecstatic about the Mass Effect models.

I would prefer star wars or similar but they will have to do.

Lent23

Will this have a 501st batallion
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Lent23 on 24-05-2012
Will this have a 501st batallion
No. For one after Endor the 501st split up into the various War Lords so until Thrawn remakes them they aren't here.
er

RG4ORDR

But me and PC are going to work on the Imperial Remnant story
er

Madcombat

I honestly wouldnt mind having the Zann Consortium in this, would we be permitted to make it?

RG4ORDR

Where would they even fit in this? And secondly why would such a big pirate organization if it's still around be in the unknown regions?
er

Madcombat

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 25-05-2012
Where would they even fit in this? And secondly why would such a big pirate organization if it's still around be in the unknown regions?

We're on the outskirts, besides the Zann Consortium is spread all over the Galaxy.  Hell, it could just be a small time credit operation.  Who knows many reasons.  And yes, they are still around and would be for quite some time.

Another thing with this are the rp matters, see this provides so much for those bounty hunters and mercs as the Zann Consortium can defiantly be a contact for those players since the Consortium will hire.  That means the Consortium doesnt really need to directly intervein with anything so its really a good matter in terms of getting illeagle jobs out there.  And I can garrente there will always be someone pissing the Consortium off so Bounty Hunters can expect ajob plenty.  Lets not forget, keeps the New Republic and the Remnants hard at work and it defiantly adds to the Criminal side of SW.  And hell, its not like the New Republic and Remnants are pure and uncurrupted, the Zann Consortium bribing them off to their own means as well as others can be a nice twist in terms of faction roleplay.  All I am saying is you can really open up the roleplay with this faction.

Of course, there are others things to as well as flaws to this.  However, this is only a suggestion of course.

PS: All hail Tyber Zann of the Zann Consortium!
PSS: We can talk about it on SF if you'd like, I can explain how it'd likely work out.

Lucky Pig

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 24-05-2012
But me and PC are going to work on the Imperial Remnant story

I started writing something too

Das_Uberman

Bah, stay away from the Afearatir Union, I already sent the draft of it to Exile like 3 days ago. He has yet to respond -.-

PS: The Zan Consortium can suck it, Black Sun bitches

Gonztah

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 26-05-2012
I'd prefer Black Sun over Zann Consortium as well.

Lucky Pig

Bah, stay away from the Afearatir Union, I already sent the draft of it to Exile like 3 days ago. He has yet to respond -.-

Sent my Remnant thing too and same deal.
Black sun FTW!

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Madcombat on 25-05-2012
Zann Consortium

You stole my ideas. >_> And not even my good ideas. You stole my lousy ideas.

Paintcheck

Except Xizor has been dead for years at the time the server takes place in. BS might be around but the odds of them being what they used to be are pretty low.

Das_Uberman

Quote from: Paintcheck on 27-05-2012

Except Xizor has been dead for years at the time the server takes place in. BS might be around but the odds of them being what they used to be are pretty low.

Eh, there'd be plenty of splinter groups, which would be perfect because any criminal enterprise on the server can't be too powerful or it causes problems.

Silver Knight

Gonztah

Oh gee we're between those two well known planets which location everyone knows :P. A nice empty spot though. Perfect.