Coming Soon...

Started by Silver Knight, 19-04-2011

Bielecki

I'd much prefer to map for Star wars then Fallout, so much more creativity involved.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Agera on 20-04-2011
Dude stop powergaming
bitch what u talkin' bout'?
You used your powers like 50 meters away from me!
Lol, u mad?
What, no.. give me my shit back.
Lol, u mad i sold your stuff to bubba fet
Who the fuck is bubba fet?
dunno he just d/c
Son of a bitch.

Because, you know, we'd totally allow everyone to say they were force sensitive without auths or anything -_-

It's not that hard.

Aresty

Wait.. So we will all RP like soldiers ? Or Criminals ? OR there are Citizens ? And if there are citizen, what they are gonna do ? What's gonna not make it as HL2RP ? I mean you either fight or stand all the day there as a citizen watching god knows what.

Paintcheck

Or RPing. You know, that thing you do when you aren't fighting. If HL2 can be popular when you have one side being entirely subjugated by another I'm sure people will find stuff to do in Star Wars where they would be free. Would probably be similar to the STALKER dynamic where factions go at it and Loners do their own thing aiding the factions when they feel like it or just ignoring them. STALKER RP wasn't all combat and it worked fine for the most part until pretty recently (and now it is apparently back on the rise so maybe it no longer is all sorts of fucked up).

Regardless of the timeline it is very likely there will be 2 outposts of 2 major factions that are against each other, just for sake of argument I'll say we'll have Sith and the Republic because that is the timeline I want to have. The server would take place on an outer Rim world as mentioned before (and that has been all but confirmed by Silver) so neither faction would be the "Controlling" one. Presumably the citizens of this planet wouldn't like the idea of war breaking out so they would have incentive to fight both sides openly, pick one side over the other, or just try and ignore it all. That gives the citizens already the option of being friendly to neither side and launching guerrilla attacks on them both, acting as spies for one side or the other, profiting off one side or the other as a smuggler, being subjugated by one side or the other, or just ignoring both sides and passiving themselves. There's all sorts of stuff in the SW universe for people to do. Swoop racing, hunting, starting Cantina fights, fixing ships, using glitterstim, you name it. It wouldn't be any more limited than HL2 (I would even venture to say it would have more to do than HL2).

Steven :D

Quote from: Paintcheck on 20-04-2011
Or RPing. You know, that thing you do when you aren't fighting. If HL2 can be popular when you have one side being entirely subjugated by another I'm sure people will find stuff to do in Star Wars where they would be free. Would probably be similar to the STALKER dynamic where factions go at it and Loners do their own thing aiding the factions when they feel like it or just ignoring them. STALKER RP wasn't all combat and it worked fine for the most part until pretty recently (and now it is apparently back on the rise so maybe it no longer is all sorts of fucked up).

Regardless of the timeline it is very likely there will be 2 outposts of 2 major factions that are against each other, just for sake of argument I'll say we'll have Sith and the Republic because that is the timeline I want to have. The server would take place on an outer Rim world as mentioned before (and that has been all but confirmed by Silver) so neither faction would be the "Controlling" one. Presumably the citizens of this planet wouldn't like the idea of war breaking out so they would have incentive to fight both sides openly, pick one side over the other, or just try and ignore it all. That gives the citizens already the option of being friendly to neither side and launching guerrilla attacks on them both, acting as spies for one side or the other, profiting off one side or the other as a smuggler, being subjugated by one side or the other, or just ignoring both sides and passiving themselves. There's all sorts of stuff in the SW universe for people to do. Swoop racing, hunting, starting Cantina fights, fixing ships, using glitterstim, you name it. It wouldn't be any more limited than HL2 (I would even venture to say it would have more to do than HL2).

+1

jaik

@Paintcheck
Do you think that people will act differently on SWRP?
I don't.
Playerbase doesn't RP all possible situations in FRP or SRP.
Why should they in SWRP?
This reminds me of Desertia RP, where everyone hopped around out of boredom.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

KingArthur

I will now respond to things using pictures, because they say a thousand words.
Quote from: Jake on 20-04-2011
This reminds me of Desertia RP, where everyone hopped around out of boredom.

I just ran around my room for thirty to forty minutes.

QuoteHuzzah!

Ralazo

-snip-

no comment on swrp.

Frostee

It seems you have made a point. I now somewhat think SWRP wouldn't be that BAD

Maxi96203

ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

WOLVERINES!!!

I'm looking forward to playing it sounds fun
Lamp oil

irondeity

Not a song to fit the timeline we'll probably be using, but its too fucking epic to ignore.

Star Wars Episode III soundtrack: Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

nKe

Dunno why but:

Ragolution

Quote from: commanthe2 on 19-04-2011
Quote from: Sharrock on 19-04-2011
Quote from: Alkaline on 19-04-2011
Quote from: PistolKid on 19-04-2011
Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 19-04-2011
Quote from: Yorty on 19-04-2011
In my opinion I think this is simply a horrendous idea for HGN to try and go through with, especially in its current state.
Agreed
Agree x2
Agree x3
Agree x4
Agree x5
Agree x6

Paintcheck

Next person to add to that quote period without posting anything constructive is getting a several day forum ban for spam., this is getting ridiculous.

Hessen

Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 20-04-2011

It seems you have made a point. I now somewhat think SWRP wouldn't be that BAD

Oh god its going to be another manann where the sith and republic stab each other when the officals arnt looking.
BURN THE HERETICS!

Cutch

Want some deathsticks?

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Hessen

Quote from: Cutch on 25-04-2011
Want some deathsticks?
You dont want to sell me deathsticks.

You want to go home and rethink your life.
BURN THE HERETICS!

Cutch

Quote from: Hessen on 25-04-2011
Quote from: Cutch on 25-04-2011
Want some deathsticks?
You dont want to sell me deathsticks.

You want to go home and rethink your life.
...What are you talking about? You suck at Jedi mind tricks.

-Blake/Last Exile

Paintcheck

Hessen you can't mind trick for shit.

Cutch, you don't want to sell ME deathsticks.

You want to use them to come up with some sort of hilarious plot that will end in much shenanigans and Hessen's death.

Nargotah

...This is not going to end well.

Cutch

Quote from: Nargotah on 26-04-2011
...This is not going to end well.
Pssh, whats the worst that could happen? I get the admin that I don't have removed again?

-Blake/Last Exile

Smirnoff

I don't think this is the best thing to do right now, HL2RP was very close to splitting the community in half, and did to a small extent.

Anyone who has been monitoring stalker rp lately will know what I mean, the activity dropped from normal to dead within a day, and it hasn't recovered yet.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Paintcheck

It's an attempt to get more players to the server because ALL of HGN's servers are dead. Granted some of that is probably due to Finals/AP testing/etc but HL2 brought a lot of people to HGN to play on it before the unfortunate events that led to its demise. I think Silver's hoping for the same thing to happen with SW.

Smirnoff

Oh, from that point of view it makes sense.

I just hope that you put some reasonable people incharge, and more importantly, that you split the leadership
of the server between several admin's to minimize the probability of history repeating itself.

I understand the chances of that happening is beyond your control due to the human factor always counting in, but atleast you can help minimize that risk.
Ace and Sharrock were both good guys, but power have the unfortunate ability to corrupt people's minds from beyond reason, learn and act based on that statement.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."