A quick insight into trading on swrp

Started by Silver Knight, 28-04-2011

Silver Knight

Well it's late in the morning now but i figure ill pump out a small insight onto how things will work.

Trading and earning money will be more relaxed on star wars roleplay, it's not a messed up economy like fallout or stalker by the fact that the economy is real and not made of collecting items and such to gain profit.

Each planet will be unique in all aspects of SWRP. Some use different currencies than others. Some items may or may not be black listed on certain planets or allow certain practices.

Personal ships

This is something im considering and may not happen at all. However the way i see it is you can buy a ship from a trader. The better the ship the cheaper it is to go from planet to planet (server to server). This would also effect shipments of items too as large shipments for trading between planets. Obviously you cannot take a shipment which weights 5000kg in weight on your person. One thing im considering is a "duration" period which is started when you are traveling to a new world. A "timeout" period on that character to simulate him\her traveling to that planet so you wont be able to use that character until the timeout period expires giving actual point to space travel.

This of course corrosponds with a new system where all servers are locked by a lobby server which you join and then depending on what character you choose- connects you to the planet (server) your character was last on. This again backs up the "space" travel idea. It sounds complicated but is a more efficent way than passwording servers and handing out the passwords to people and would add a point to personal ships.

Companies and buisnesses

Im considering on developing some form of economy script which shows the requirements\needs for certain items on a planet such as needing a certain type of metal or plastic. This also follows up to buying "IC" company rights like mining\transportation and such where you can earn money overtime. It's all very much "in my head atm" I think eve does something similar to this, would be like samp roleplay in a way.

Character buys mining company - company earns income overtime. Company can be effected by world events. Output is determined by IC workers employed and world status.

Drug & plant development.

For potential crime syndicates drugs will be a key resource for criminal gangs on SWRP. They will try to grow and develop drugs on a planet while avoiding the protection supplied on that planet which may try to remove the drugs due to them being blacklisted. The drugs would be then sold to a robot\npc. The city planet will fetch a large price if sold on there otherwise you could sell it on the same planet but not gain much money from doing so. Drugs will be grown over time and become items which can then be turned into shipments.

Black listed drugs don't have to be the only thing developed either. Drugs for pharmaceutical development would be avaliable and can be purchased and turned into items that can be resold into the economy. Such as cheaper alternatives to bacta.

Buyable Droids

Droids that you can set to guard a door or base while your away. Again it's another idea just floating about but if the droid is destroyed you can get it repaired for a small fee. If someone is killed by the droid they cannot use that character for a hour afterwards to forcefully stop them breaking the nlr rule and coming straight back and adding fear factor to being killed by a droid.

The black market

The black market is obviously made up of banned goods, goods you wouldn't normally find like old clone wars stuff, discount weapons and possibly buyable Npc Assassin droids.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

GeneralGold

Hmm, i'm hauling ass for whenever Trader apps come out for this.
Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

meetdadoom

I would be very well intrested in making a corporation (I think I got it right sith :D) that mines metal AND CREATES PLATISTIC as you said or maybe fuel.

Edit:Well thats my durp moment of the day. Guess I wasn't thinking

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Paintcheck

Ralazo

Quote from: meetdadoom on 01-05-2011
I would be very well intrested in making a corporation (I think I got it right sith :D) that mines metal plastic as you said or maybe fuel.
Lol.
Mining plastic.

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

GeneralGold

Mining plastic is as rediculous as using an axe for cutting trees.   For the application will it be same old same old? (Auths and etc)
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

meetdadoom

Das_Uberman

Visari

funny gifs

Ralazo

Then I want to mine complete tanks off the moon.

Roy

I hope to start a tibuana gas mining operation

Paintcheck

I don't think you can get Tibana gas just anywhere. Unless we're near Bespin.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Paintcheck on 02-05-2011
I don't think you can get Tibana gas just anywhere. Unless we're near Bespin.
Certain places have it mostly gas giants and due that Sith can ALSO BE A VERY good arms dealer
Due Tibanna gas being used in most weapons
er

meetdadoom

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 01-05-2011
Quote from: meetdadoom on 01-05-2011
Can I mine cheese off the moon?

No.

Someone didn't watch walace and grummet as a kid OR someone never been to Wisconsin where they have the Mars Cheese castle home to the MOON CHEESE!!!11111111111111

Rebel6609

Mmmm More merchants and traders... Do we have moderators for the upcoming sub-forum for it?

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Roy

NO but I wouldn't mind being one

Blake.H

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

mxh24

Let's just hope the trader app doesn't require 600 posts LOL. That would suck.

"When in doubt, mumble."

Roy

NO trader applications requires that

GeneralGold

Quote from: Sith 121 on 05-05-2011

Indeed, that is way to small of a post ammount. It will be around 1,000... and 1,500 if you want to be a Mon Calamari trader, cause they are just that cool.
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

RG4ORDR

Quote from: GeneralGold on 05-05-2011
Quote from: Sith 121 on 05-05-2011

Indeed, that is way to small of a post ammount. It will be around 1,000... and 1,500 if you want to be a Mon Calamari trader, cause they are just that cool.
Ummm What anyone can be a trader though certain ones should have an App such as Black Market,illegal mods,drugs,equipment and etc.
er

GeneralGold

It's called a joke. herp derp
'Danger'|Bandit|Away