Wtf reference error?

Started by Zombiedance, 15-12-2010

Zombiedance

Due to the new update adding HTML loading screens every time i try to join and it starts to load i get a reference error and ctd.

El Presidente

Yeah, I've been experiencing a similar problem... when I'm right about ready to connect to the server, hl2.exe crashes on the spot.

N3gativezero

You're lucky it does, unless you like being spammed with "DESU!" while the game loads.
To loot, lulz and SCIENCE!

Zombiedance

Im trying to find out how i can disable the loading and what not ill post when i fix it or find a fix.

Silver Knight

Might be a problem with the flash on the desu page. Either way ill be changing it tonight.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

It is a problem with the retarded desu page, happened to me a few times last night. If you just keep trying it should eventually let you in

Zombiedance

Ive been trying to join over and over and over like paint said and that isnt working should i do the svn fix or should i  just wait?

jaik

Quote from: Zombiedance on 19-12-2010
Ive been trying to join over and over and over like paint said and that isnt working should i do the svn fix or should i  just wait?

It's fixed now.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Zombiedance

Anyone still having this error because I REALLY want to play but im still crashing as soon as the loading screen comes up anyone know what i should do?

jaik

Quote from: Zombiedance on 20-12-2010
Anyone still having this error because I REALLY want to play but im still crashing as soon as the loading screen comes up anyone know what i should do?

Remove the dua cache

Zombiedance

Quote from: Jake on 20-12-2010
Quote from: Zombiedance on 20-12-2010
Nope, didn't work here let me see if i can get a screenshot.
Remove the dua cache
Didn't work here is a screenshot of the problem its always on that cache it seems.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jaik

Your client tries to download the new one, you must remove the old one first, I don't know why is it like that.

Try re-installing gmod

Zombiedance

I deleted the old dua cache files and ive reset my gmod folder by renaming the folder to  "garrysmod old" and then started garrysmod with only srp stuff installed and thats the error.
EDIT: Anyone able to just give me there dua cache folder? Please......

jaik

Zombiedance

Thanks i got through all the loading and such but then when i joined i got hit by another.

bad day for me my airsoft gun i ordered has a pinched wire and i have to send it in but have to wait a few weeks to get a working one.....

Khorn

Have you tried a full and fresh install?

Does this only happen on SRP Server, or all/some other servers?

Zombiedance

Yah i tried on a fresh gmod folder unmodded and completely new by doing the rename the gmod folder and a new fresh one comes up. It seems only to be on the srp server.

Khorn

Can you access SRP server 2? Like do you have the password for it?

And you say you tried a complete reinstall? Deleted the garrysmod folder and then tried it out?

Zombiedance

Aight im going to try reinstalling it again ill tell you how that goes.

EDIT: Ok thats what i got now that i updated... I think its a new error. Oh yah i dont have the pass for server 2 ( nor' do i want to apply... im to lazy).

jaik

Same error, addresses are dynamic.

Try joining a server with Nexus

Zombiedance

Im upgrading my computers motherboard and processor and going from xp to windows 7 so ill let you know if the error is still there after wards.

Zombiedance

Yah all is good and running..... if you wanted to know...