Wounded Man Poll

Started by Dug, 02-01-2011

You discover a man , he is wounded and obviously needs help, what do you do?

Help the man the best way you can. (Anyone can bandage a wound)
22 (40%)
You decide to just stand there. Let the person bleed out because there's a medic on the way.
0 (0%)
Help the man the best way you can and call the others (if there are others).
28 (50.9%)
You decide to just stand there and not do anything or just walk away and let the poor guy suffer a slow death.
2 (3.6%)
Kill him instead. (He doesn't have shit)
3 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Celtic

Quote from: PistolKid on 03-01-2011
That's kind of dumb. Obviously those who would want to help the person the best they could would also call for help.

Wouldn't you think?  But still 1/3 of the votes go towards just bandaging him.

Turkey

Quote from: Alucard on 03-01-2011
Its funny because if you aren't a medic or doctor you'll probably fuck it up and kill him.because apparently everyone on hgn has no idea how actual injuries work.

Kieck gave a infection vicodin, I WAS LOLING. I was like, AMITHEONLYONEWHODOESNTFAILHARD?

Khorn

General Aid is a simple thing to understand, and your average Stalker should have the experience to take care of minor wounds.

We are in a dangerous territory, I think a good amount of characters understand basics forms of treatment.

Also, bullet retrieval can be easy or dangerous, it depends on location of the bullet and how deep it may have penetrated. If it went straight through, it be better.

And you all must remember, Medical RP depends on both the Wounded Player and the Player giving a treatment.

Most wounded players I see just let the 'doctor' do all the Roleplay. So it depends on both sides.

Dug

Thing is, anyone can help a wounded man. Be it by using a bandage and bandaging the wound to stop the bleeding, or just ripping your shirt and using it instead of a bandage (if you don't have one.)

irondeity

The percentage of our player base with a degree in human physiology and mid-level surgical skills above that of whatever amount of grade school Science projects and Health classes is roughly 0.3%, if even that high. Hell even boy scouts and national military BFR (Battlefield First Responder) courses dont teach the know-hows to remove bullets without causing potential (and often times) additional damage to the injured person(s). And on top of bullet wounds and mild to severe lacerations, I also categorize knowledge of Pharmacology to be lower than ass in the player base. (No offense to any college go'ers studying Medical.) It's a game, we're here to have fun and pretend we're people we are not, and never will be, in a world of make believe. If you want to be a 'Doctor' or at least a medic of some sort, then by all means do it. You can find the basic information you need to work off of for roleplay, right through your damn search engine of choice. Now perhaps this 'potential' argument and 'potential' Flame-War waiting to happen can stop right where its at and return to the topics main point, which is the poll. Take a vote, tally it up, and discuss it after it's shut.   

And for the ones who are too lazy to read (tl;dr): Play doctor if you want. You can use a band-aid, congratulations.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Faxxon

My character has some medical experience after working alongside his father in pharmaceutical research and production as a young apprentice, he was an ambitious chemist. He got signed to be a DUTY medic so I'd have the skills capable to stabalize him; I went for the option that reflects this.

deluxulous

Quote from: Celtic on 03-01-2011
Quote from: PistolKid on 03-01-2011
That's kind of dumb. Obviously those who would want to help the person the best they could would also call for help.

Wouldn't you think?  But still 1/3 of the votes go towards just bandaging him.

The one for bandaging is first.

Many of us are too ADD to read the rest of the options. :(