Would you like to see Npc's on the server?

Started by Silver Knight, 29-07-2010

Which aspect interests you the most?

Mutant Npcs
36 (43.9%)
Neutral Npcs
8 (9.8%)
Hostile bandits\factions
7 (8.5%)
Traders\Merchants
18 (22%)
None - Don't want npcs
13 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Silver Knight

Due to certain concerns and threads reguarding this issue, id like to make a discussion on what the playerbase things about npc's.

Npcs can mean several things;

Mutant npcs which roam the world.
Useful npcs like traders\guards\merchants.
Neutral npcs such as stalkers in bars, build up area's.
Hostile Stalkers\Bandits\Factions etc

There are several ways these can be placed into the map too;

Script generated (Spawned by a trigger)
Natural Events (Kinda like clearsky when mutants\bandits are sent to attack a outpost)
They don't have to be script generated either, they could be admin spawned.

Item drops;

Random item drops could happen upon their death, such as as a dogtail or boars hoof.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Predu

If it is possible, then why not. A good example of NPC's would be territory based snorks/dogs/zombies or so on, so they would spawn in an area and don't go to far away from this territory, attacking any intruders and just walk around the territory. They could be used for minor-events where mutants attack a stalker camp/base, or attack groups of stalkers. I just wonder if it can be scripted so that mutants don't prefer to attack monolith, since neither does monolith attack them unless they are attacked.

Also a positive sight would be stalkers either inside bars or roaming the zone, however NPC's can't be RP'd with very well, and that makes it slightly iffy. NPC's could be used as traders if there are no player-traders on or selling equipment, but they should have high prices.

So yes, they should be only placeable by admins. Item drop rates should be low, since if NPC's do get to SRP, I think many people will start just "grinding" them. That ruins fearRP, majorly. Killing stalker NPC's randomly earns you food/drink/ammunition or rarely a weapon. And mutants would give, yes, mutant parts, which can be used for various things.

EDIT: In conclusion, I +support this.

Steel

Mutant NPC's. Yes, as long as they dont attack player mutants.

ANything else, No, i do not agree with neutural NPC's on an RP gamemode.

Khorn

I like the idea of mutant NPCs, and I think they should only spawn when a certain number of people are on. Also, if possible, no item drops, but like small amounts of money. And I mean like 10 rubles for dogs and such. 20 for Suckers.

Also, could players that play mutants be made to hang out with them?

As for the faction NPCs and such. I don't think so. Not even as guards.

And if there are trader NPC's they should be made invincible. And as said above, have higher prices then usual.

Snurf

Nah, I don't like this, except for the odd trader NPC when he's needed.

Newbs would go into mutant zones and get killed and rage their heart out over how gay the NPCs that killed him are.

Plus I don't really think it'll add much to the server overall.

So, -support.
Bird - Master Merc.

Fibritz

I was agreed with that from i started to play on srp.

NPCs will make good atmosphere on the serv, we will no longer bored of empty locations,
(on Patrols etc) NPC will prevent in some way rookies to run all over the sector like a morons

For me?
YES!

Khorn

Quote from: Snurf on 30-07-2010
Nah, I don't like this, except for the odd trader NPC when he's needed.

Newbs would go into mutant zones and get killed and rage their heart out over how gay the NPCs that killed him are.

Plus I don't really think it'll add much to the server overall.

If 'newbs' die to npcs, then it's their fault for attacking them. It's not like the npcs would be everywhere. If they bitch, you  tell them to shut and stick together.

Zen

It's rather a good idea, i support the mutant NPC's and maybe a trader NPC when there are no other player traders on and that they sell at higher prices.

lolKieck

We would have mutant NPCs, then only if they wouldn't be very common.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Gokiller

I Think Npc would be a Good Idear because It can be used for little events so you don't have to use players who will rage (somethings) or something after they get Killed and all that. It would help Monolith i think because most of the when we RP with people we get Rape by all the factions or we win (not likly) and then they RAGE. NPCs won't rage. Traders would be cool as well few more people to buy stuff from.

(Also, This might sound kinded hard to do but maybe could have someone to fix your guns so we have weapon condition)

Nargotah

I would love it simply because it would give a use for ammo that doesn't result in mass bitching, really.

jaik

Quote from: GoKiller on 30-07-2010
I Think Npc would be a Good Idear because It can be used for little events so you don't have to use players who will rage (somethings) or something after they get Killed and all that. It would help Monolith i think because most of the when we RP with people we get Rape by all the factions or we win (not likly) and then they RAGE. NPCs won't rage. Traders would be cool as well few more people to buy stuff from.

(Also, This might sound kinded hard to do but maybe could have someone to fix your guns so we have weapon condition)

Then Silver has to code that NPCs will ignore anyone flagged "monolith" or "mutant".
That's hard imo.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Aresty

Yes to NPC's.

Everything, but not the Traders one.. all I need now is to have NPC's stealing my Turf.

Son0fgrim

This will be a great quest and normal roleplay; only thing is, will we be paid for taking down NPCs. not in a harvesty way but a way that will make it easy for down on they're luck Stalkers (like me) to make money when no events are going on.
Jak Ralsh: Freelance STALKER

Naota

Mutant NPC's but make it so rookies should be able to run away since they got no weapons and such.

Tom

As long as they are Spawned by Traders/Admins. (For missions and events) Im fine with it. But randomly spawning is a no no. Mainly due to new players N' such, Plus too it would be annoying to already be RP fighting a sucker, Then a NPC sucker runs up and starts Smacking you while your trying to do a /me with the bloodsucker player, Yes for missions and events No to randomly spawn. And a Trader NPC for when Traders are not around
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

KillSlim

Neutral to this.
Although mutants are a good idea, NPC mutants will still be able to attack player mutants. "What's wrong with this?" Bloodsuckers don't attack each other. They attack other less intelligent mutants such as flesh and dogs, but they will never attack each other.

Until the sprint bar is removed for player mutants, no support.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Pawx

The most what I want out of this, is Mutant NPC's, gives SRP more of a feel to the Real Zone, Player Mutants are not cutting it, most NEVER act like a mutant. Trader NPC's we need, since most of the Player Trader's like to fight and have wars amongst each other, that's not what a trader does, hiring merc to kill other traders, yes, but not killing them themselves. Neutral NPC's would also be nice to have, gives another feel to the Zone. Hostile NPC's could be also a great idea, if they were scripted right to not lol kill you from 10 miles away, then maybe.

Overall, +Support

Kenny

Son0fgrim

+ support I always seem to get on when no traders are around and ever one is doing /me converstions. alot of newbs need ways to get money. this would be a great one.
Jak Ralsh: Freelance STALKER

Cryostatis

The only sort of NPC I could see being useful would be a stationary trader. NPCs are very hard to use in general, most people would just camp where they spawn and shoot them for fun when bored deducting from RP as everyone just wants to go fucking hunting. It also makes the maps laggier then they already are. It just encourages minging as people would go fuck around with the mutant NPCs.

jaik

Quote from: Naota on 30-07-2010
Mutant NPC's but make it so rookies should be able to run away since they got no weapons and such.
Lol sprintbar, it should be removed.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Rebel6609

I like whats said above. Scripted events like clear sky where mutants would attack outposts and such. This would make things more interesting.

And if they do attack at random times, This would keep traders hiring guards. Giving more jobs, Keep the economy running, and giving players to do. Not to mention it keeps factions on there toes so they're base isn't over ran.

This is a good idea if it is scripted properly (i have no doubts in your scripting capabilities). A drop from them would also prove useful. But instead of dropping things like RU, why not drop things like Dog tails, tentacles, or something of the sort. This would give Hunters a chance to show there game. You can also end up selling them to collectors and such. This would make a great RP opportunity.

It also promotes people moving in groups and making friends. No idiot would go out and face 3 suckers alone. They'd probably move with groups, which also promotes mercenaries. So not every passing merc is a Military merc, rather than a hired gun for a hunter or trader.

And you wouldn't really have to script it so mutants like player mutants. After all, a sucker would probably be territorial. Same goes for dogs. They wouldn't like some other mutant taking there food or territory. I guess it gives mutant players something to do aswell. Fight for land!

I +SUPPORT This. (mutants!!)

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

WriterX

Although I have been away for... months, I recall from my last experiences that an interesting addition would be in fact Mutant NPCs. On the other hand though, starting players would have a realy hard time if they stumbled into them (as they would have absolutely no way of defending themselves), and this is not always due to being a beginner, but also because a lone mutant might wander off away from its spawn into a public area.

If the mutants were decent, in the sease that, they would stop chasing a character who ran away a certain distance, or if the mutants were confined to a certain area, why not!

The other options would also be great, maybe except hostile bandits, as that might potentialy become a "Farming Business" for all sorts of players.

Traders and Barmen, why not. Even if they only responded with "Hello Stalker", and made no actual trade.

Khorn

We could always get a stalker that stands on top of a catwalk and every time a player walks by, it can yell "Get out of here, Stalker."

Then another that patrols around saying "Blowout soon, fellow Stalkers!"