Why wont you people play?

Started by Gonztah, 06-07-2012

Knife_cz

Quote from: Frostee on 11-07-2012
Quote from: Steven :D on 11-07-2012
exile doesn't want new weapons as they 'break stalker canon' even though we've been stuck in the same timeline without any major rp developements for several years now.

This.
I agree with the weapons.
But timeline should be changed.

lolKieck

Quote from: Steven :D on 11-07-2012
exile doesn't want new weapons as they 'break stalker canon' even though we've been stuck in the same timeline without any major rp developements for several years now.
The micromanagement (for example with the RP developments) isn't good. Server SV's should be able to improve/develop the RP scenario, telling Silver if it's a major development like timeline movement or not saying anything if it's really minor, like albino bloodsuckers for example.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Plunger

Almost all the original players have left the community, were banned, or forced out by newer members, and they made up a pretty core group of RP'ers.

There is also constant cross server fighting where people from SRP fight with people from FRP, and vice versa.

On top of that a lot of newer players are instantly made fun of for not understanding how to RP completely, because the members who came here not knowing how to RP to well either seem to have some kind of god complex.

On top of those problems the canon, and even theme have become pretty boring after four to five years of RP, and nothing interesting can ever happen with it because even the CSVs have no power over canon.

The biggest one for me is that RP isn't even about fun anymore, it's about argueing, STK fights, and items. No one seems to care about passive RP, and even with the action RP all the time there is always, a fight. Someone is always mad during a fight on SRP, and it's always OOC'ly.

Rebel6609

Quote from: Plunger on 11-07-2012
Almost all the original players have left the community, were banned, or forced out by newer members, and they made up a pretty core group of RP'ers.

There is also constant cross server fighting where people from SRP fight with people from FRP, and vice versa.

On top of that a lot of newer players are instantly made fun of for not understanding how to RP completely, because the members who came here not knowing how to RP to well either seem to have some kind of god complex.

On top of those problems the canon, and even theme have become pretty boring after four to five years of RP, and nothing interesting can ever happen with it because even the CSVs have no power over canon.

The biggest one for me is that RP isn't even about fun anymore, it's about argueing, STK fights, and items. No one seems to care about passive RP, and even with the action RP all the time there is always, a fight. Someone is always mad during a fight on SRP, and it's always OOC'ly.

My god plunger, I actually am on your side for this one.

It's getting harder and harder for anything original to occur anymore as admins themselves are limited on what they can do, and were in god damn limbo with our canon. I try to brainstorm new event ideas, I even ask people around what they would want.

Doesn't help it either that most of the actual RP'ers (No offense to you lot) are gone. Now its just a dick waving contest over who can get the best gear, and when you can't even do that its boring and you go off to FRP or whatever it is you do. The fall is on the players for not being loyal to a certain level of RP, and its also on the staff for not developing the canon further.

Tl;dr, It's going to take more than just a "c'mon guys.. lets get active..". It requires work and dedication on both sides. And a change in RP attitude.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Khorn

I honestly think the whole Stalker fad is just dying, like they said, lots of things been done and its gotten to point where nothing is new to people and all that is left is the same recycled stuff.

Nothing added to the content will change it, nothing added to the canon will change it.

Perhaps we should find something different from GMod for good RP and gameplay.

Steven :D

Quote from: Khorn on 11-07-2012
I honestly think the whole Stalker fad is just dying, like they said, lots of things been done and its gotten to point where nothing is new to people and all that is left is the same recycled stuff.

Nothing added to the content will change it, nothing added to the canon will change it.

Which is why people take breaks from the server right now.

Khorn

I don't mean a break, I mean, move away from GMod all together, its a game that is filled with kids that like to shoot, not people, that like to roleplay or create stories.

Everytime I come back to SRP or FRP, I feel like I'm surrounded by kids. There is little making me want to stay and SWRP or SCP won't make me care.

INA7HAN

It seems to me that we need to go forward in time with the canon and go ahead of Call of Pripyat on the tracks S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 was going to go on. We could make anything happen as no one actually knows what happens after CoP with S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 not being made now. Like for instance the zone could expand more putting countries close by in danger of being consumed, so they send in the military and Ecologists to come up with a solutuion to stop it.

Due to the increase in size means more S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs in the zone as there are lots of new artifacts to be found but also lots of new dangerous mutants have appeared. If you're creative enough you can come up with loads of new mutated animals and stuff.

New weapons could be placed in such as the AK-12? Just ideas really.
It's not the admins faults that the servers are dead it's because nothing can be done anymore with the same things over again. If we advertise a S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 roleplay server we might be able to bring in fans or something.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Quote from: INA7HAN on 12-07-2012
It seems to me that we need to go forward in time with the canon and go ahead of Call of Pripyat on the tracks S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 was going to go on. We could make anything happen as no one actually knows what happens after CoP with S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 not being made now. Like for instance the zone could expand more putting countries close by in danger of being consumed, so they send in the military and Ecologists to come up with a solutuion to stop it.

Due to the increase in size means more S.T.A.L.K.E.Rs in the zone as there are lots of new artifacts to be found but also lots of new dangerous mutants have appeared. If you're creative enough you can come up with loads of new mutated animals and stuff.

It's not the admins faults that the servers are dead it's because nothing can be done anymore with the same things over again. If we advertise a S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 roleplay server we might be able to bring in fans or something.
Exile is fully against canon changes and 'canon-breaking' weapons, so theres not really much we can do unless he finally gives in and allows some shit to change.

lolKieck

Quote from: Steven :D on 12-07-2012

Exile is fully against canon changes and 'canon-breaking' weapons, so theres not really much we can do unless he finally gives in and allows some shit to change.
A vote wouldn't hurt.

Silver Knight

I can speak for myself. I am not against weapons that are not in the game, or a canon change. Otherwise some weapons we have right now wouldn't exist. I let the SV's\RDA's push the canon the direction they feel they want to go as long as it's a realistic direction.

As for weapons i am fine as long as the weapons are 'likely' to be around Ukraine, nothing nato like.

@Canon change: We were considering a change to Clear-Sky but any change is a drastic one which could turn the server for the worse.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Quote from: Last.Exile on 12-07-2012

I can speak for myself. I am not against weapons that are not in the game, or a canon change. Otherwise some weapons we have right now wouldn't exist. I let the SV's\RDA's push the canon the direction they feel they want to go as long as it's a realistic direction.

As for weapons i am fine as long as the weapons are 'likely' to be around Ukraine, nothing nato like.

@Canon change: We were considering a change to Clear-Sky but any change is a drastic one which could turn the server for the worse.

So when I try to have an event after preparing for it for the better part of three months, one Duranblackraven decided to say fuckall you're not changing this canon and delay my exoskeleton application for two months, leaving the faction shriveled to dust and the event called off. We had several admins backing this all up, however it failed to happen because of the lack of co-operation with the current supervising staff members.
tl;dr

We tried to change canon incharacterly
didn't work.

We tried to ask a supervisor about canon changing
didn't work.

I even asked you, exile to put server 2 on an event map
No dice.

Really, this is one reason why I don't play, certain people just don't know how to have any fun anymore.

nKe

Sadly, Steven is speaking the truth.
SRP has been stuck in this same shit for a long time. Freedom base remains quiet and dead, Dutybase has random activity which dies off quickly after everyone realizes that paychecks are disabled.
Bandits bandit and stalkers just wait for event so they could get GEAR. Yes, there's randomly some event which involves STKing NPC's/ Killing something.
I miss random asspulled british special force groups roaming around. I even miss Commisar's 50 cal drunken rage PK sniper rifle.

I don't get why admins don't have to apply for special items like normal players, they can just say "Okay I'm going to give myself exoskeleton, fn2k, armor." At least have some transparency on who gets authed with what, because never in my time at SRP have I seen admins and players on fair-terms itemwise and authorization wise, there are strings usually pulled and it gets ridiculous because there are things players can't ever hope to achieve, but admins can easily just give themselves whatever they want.

Gonztah

I don't get why admins don't have to apply for special items like normal players, they can just say "Okay I'm going to give myself exoskeleton, fn2k, armor." At least have some transparency on who gets authed with what, because never in my time at SRP have I seen admins and players on fair-terms itemwise and authorization wise, there are strings usually pulled and it gets ridiculous because there are things players can't ever hope to achieve, but admins can easily just give themselves whatever they want.

Hm. Haven't seen any admins with stuff like that for now. Then again all the admins I see on server are Rebel, Dark Scar and Paralyzed, sometimes Ace.

But as for now there's been some new players coming to the server and they seem to stick which is nice.

Barlow

We need to have a long hard thought on this and proceed with the better plan, personally I agree
with a vote.

lolKieck

Quote from: Gonztah on 12-07-2012

Hm. Haven't seen any admins with stuff like that for now. Then again all the admins I see on server are Rebel, Dark Scar and Paralyzed, sometimes Ace.

But as for now there's been some new players coming to the server and they seem to stick which is nice.
You clearly didn't see Radek Zelenka as an admin.

Quote from: Last.Exile on 12-07-2012
It will be the same. At least put up a canon with the Brain Scorcher down, so that it'll be possible to have Pripyat.

INA7HAN

Yeah brain scorcher being down and Pripyat would be good

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Rebel6609

Not all admins do that. Only certain admins (not pointing any finger) who really have no one who can tell them no.

And I gotta agree with khorn. Who knows? It might be time to move on.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

ThY

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 12-07-2012

Not all admins do that. Only certain admins (not pointing any finger) who really have no one who can tell them no.

I applied for a fn2k and a female char a while ago (still SV), I was denied. Admins get no bonus.

Quote from: ThY on 12-07-2012

I applied for a fn2k and a female char a while ago (still SV), I was denied. Admins get no bonus.
Doesn't stop them from giving themselves exoskeletons and stuff without being on the roster. *looking at srp admins* You know exactly who I'm talking about.

ThY

Quote from: ThY on 12-07-2012

Doesn't stop them from giving themselves exoskeletons and stuff without being on the roster. *looking at srp admins* You know exactly who I'm talking about.
If you want anything done with it, PM me some names :O

meetdadoom

Quote from: Khorn on 11-07-2012

This,

Honestly, this thread is an abysmal. All of the ideas have either have been done before during a drought season or are just plain retarded (let's turn Srp into a grind mmorpg but with not nearly enough rewarding experience as say a WoW/guildwars). I honestly think we need to go into more of HGN Play where we have servers in different games ie: arma, Tf2, CS,etc. (not actually asking for those roleplays just giving examples)

Also face it, Garrysmod is full of fuck nuts young and old hence why we have an immature ass community(and I am not the pinicale of maturity), the main reason why I switched from in game roleplaying to forum roleplaying/ DnD is because I am sick of how restrictive and the whine feast in-game rps can be when it can all be avoided when you are playing with your friends and is greatly amplified the fact that you can be more deep. Look at any sucesful forum roleplay out there, you can read them like a book. 

Now I know you might be saying but I hate reading walls of texts but the reason why I like large and extensive roleplays is because they are more meaningful and more exciting. Plus the large walls of text are built to keep immature kids out hence why my three most recent roleplays are all huge. Also if you hate reading a lot then you are truly missing out in life's great wonders. The only things that will matter in 5 years from now are the friends you make and the books you read.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Ragolution

I think everyone is ignoring the real solution here.

We need to make our own game.

themutatedman

i love when people beat the same goddamn subject like a dead horse

it's not helping guys