What Features Would You Like To See In RAD2?

Started by Silver Knight, 03-11-2009

KillSlim

This can easily be enforced with basic rules.
No need to create lots of different trader variant flags.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Rhyom Guther

Well, I found this, very interesting, thought from another person. Its called a /describe system where if you look at a prop, lets say "BEWARE OF DOG" sign, and type /describe (Description) then the printed words will pop out from the prop. For example, if there were monolith lurking about and you don't want other stalkers to die, you'd find a prop and type /describe Warning, Monolith. Or somthing along those lines to warn another player of soon-to-be death.

Instead of having just one inventory, make it so that you may have backpacks and other add-ons to increase inventory spacing. If your just a lone-ly stalker you might have a Backpack slot, Left/Right Pocket Slots, ect. And for a Exoskeleton you might have many different types of slots you can get into.

Give Ecologists to "Sell" artifacts only from their inventories like traders so the ecologists can buy artifacts and sell them without loss of cash.

Thats all of my ideas for now..

Silver Knight

We already have /it command... You can use that.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Alex

I think the extra space idea would be good....you know like some sort of storage system...probably be a bit hard to make....
I'm talking about a sort of like, bank for your items. There'd obviously be consequences to using it like you'd have to pay for it. I know it's probably hard to even make, because it has to keep track of items even when the person's off the server. Just an idea.

KillSlim

Quote from: Silver Knight on 07-12-2009
We already have /it command... You can use that.

But then the creator of the prop will have to stand next to it and constant write the same /it everytime someone is near.
If not, it just looks like a prop.

This /describe would be useful, for stuff like Trader pricelists, signs, hazard signs, corpse descriptions; all sorts!
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

IceFire

I agree with killsim, I played on a sever with this, its very useful.

Fluffy

Admins have more control. Not to be power hungry or anything, But I am talking about a who killed who situation... Everyone wants to blame everyone except themselves, And admins never can tell who it is unless they were there at that moment, maybe even see what their inventory is or something.

2power

I know i havent been here in awhile but it would be nice if you could see your legs when you look down
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖘 𝖇𝖔𝖜 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖌𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖋𝖋𝖘

KillSlim

Quote from: 2power on 11-12-2009
I know i havent been here in awhile but it would be nice if you could see your legs when you look down

Garry broke legs mod, apparently.

Alex

Garry needs to stay in his hole.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Alex on 11-12-2009
Garry needs to stay in his hole.

He needs to release the source code to GMOD 10 so i can make our own HGN version, and never have to bother with this bullshit again.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

deluxulous

Garry needs to learn to not fix things that aren't broken.

Fluffy

Its inevitable and you all know it, Every single time Garry tries to help the people, he ends up screwing over 100 or more servers on the Gmod list.

Goose

It would be neat to see weapon condition for the guns and gear, and when it breaks its unusable.

Sorry if people have gone over this already
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Alex

Quote from: Goose on 13-12-2009
It would be neat to see weapon condition for the guns and gear, and when it breaks its unusable.

Sorry if people have gone over this already

I think that would end up more of an annoyance Goose.

Goose

You ever play STALKER well if you have then you would know it is, but the point is to make it seem like stalker this would give you more of a fear in combat that your gun could jam or break on you in the middle of a fire fight.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Alex

Quote from: Goose on 13-12-2009
You ever play STALKER well if you have then you would know it is, but the point is to make it seem like stalker this would give you more of a fear in combat that your gun could jam or break on you in the middle of a fire fight.

I've played all three don't worry. What I'm saying is, this would end up something like hunger mod or something like that. They do it well in Stalker, but here...it probably wouldn't turn out good.

Fluffy

ARGH!!! NOT HUNGER MOD! THAT DANG THING IS SOOO ANNOYING!

Pawx

Quote from: Fluffy on 13-12-2009

Just Remember to eat normally, If you can't, You wouldn't Be Alive..

Fluffy

Quote from: Poxkillerd on 13-12-2009

Just Remember to eat normally, If you can't, You wouldn't Be Alive..

Well, If I could find a single piece of food anywhere, I would. But you can never find those, you only find grass. And I am not turning to a cow this soon.

Locke

How about an admin system that doesn't ban the wrong player, and saves permabans into a mySQL database so that bans don't disappear on server restart.

Fluffy

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 23-12-2009
How about an admin system that doesn't ban the wrong player, and saves permabans into a mySQL database so that bans don't disappear on server restart.

Brilliance here.

Paintcheck

QFT. What happens when no traders are on? People would just keep dying because they wouldn't be able to get food. There are far more important things to add.

Fluffy

KillSlim

Quote from: Fluffy on 25-12-2009
^ This.

Lovely 1-word response, really contributing to the thread. Oh, wait a second! I thought we weren't allowed to do this? Being a post whore, be unsupportive to the topic and reply with a single word? Oh, now it makes sense, admins can break the rules without question. Dark Angel is hard-evidence, and so are you Fluffy.
Maybe I should have just quoted you, it would have counted still as a legit post. '^This'.

Suggestion: Don't add stats to characters, but add stats to suits and weapons showing resistances to damage and amounts of damage dealt; it doesn't even matter if it's just for show it will still add characteristics to suits and weaponry.