What Features Would You Like To See In RAD2?

Started by Silver Knight, 03-11-2009

Plunger

Remove the inflator stool, It bugs the server.

Cobra

Quote from: Plunger on 25-11-2009
Remove the inflater stool, It bugs the server.

How so?

Locke

Quote from: Cobra on 25-11-2009
STOOL that allows admins to set an area of effect and damage per second or so. That way we can make our own radiation zones manually if necessary.

Yeah, this would be great.

Fluffy

Factions actually having their basic needs... Explanation times!

Freedom - Weed, Music???, New Equipment (Maybe Binoculars?)

Monolith - Actually has Psychic Power - mojo... :P (Not saying let them be all powerful, Just a swep or something for effect)

And so on, Since I have not played the game, I don't know if any other factions have specialty things.

FURTHERMORE, A weather system (Could probably include blowouts) For either admins only or Time-based.

Day-Night Cycle (Trust me, Theres one on Garrysmod.org if you really don't want to make one)

More Interactivity (Tying up, Bomb setting, maybe messing with guns)

KillSlim

Weed would just be .. 'abused', and wouldn't be used for Rp purposes. I can just see lots of people using Weed and running around like morons.

Monolith - No, no special powers. A gauss gun, maybe.

I've talked to SK about adding a weather system, and he said he will most probably add it in RadScript two.

Day / Night cycle? Maybe add day / night versions of the map.

Adding stuff to sweps I think is impossible, unless it automatically comes with the SWEP, like a silencer. You can MAKE Sweps with special addons, but can't alter weapons in-game so they have an addon.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Strelok Holmes

Depending on the suit a person is wearing, there would be an overlay to match the suit's helmet visor.

IE: Seva suit: oval shaped overlay  ( )

Exo-suit: two goggle like overlays  O-O

Rookies/bandits(Anything with a wool mask): No overlays.

Stalker suit(Faction/ Merc): Slightly larger goggle overlays.

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Cobra

Quote from: Coletrain on 27-11-2009
Depending on the suit a person is wearing, there would be an overlay to match the suit's helmet visor.

This would be great.

Fluffy

YAY! NEW HUDS!!!

Including new Huds for other suits.

Strelok Holmes

Theres  a mod for the original stalker that adds overlays (By which i mean solid black panels) for the suits.
It's used to mimic the eyewear each suit as, which is where i got the idea from.

P.S. Seva has the best view....

Edit: Here's some overlays from Garrysmod. Their similer to what i'm talking about.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=44447

Ravanger

What about a option to edit or delete your characters?

Strelok Holmes

That's 10000X better then my idea!

lolKieck

Still your idea is very cool, and deleting would be needed, because somebody always gets a WS.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Nikolaz72

F8 for a list of the different voicestuff and emotes
Text Cyric the Archmage.

IceFire

It would be cool if there was a system that if you crash, your items go into your inventory, so you dont get annoyed.

Locke

Madcombat

Maby we can have it so that, if you are wearing a gasmask and you are subjected to Tear gas or the such, it will protect you.

IceFire

Tear gas? we are having tear gas... cool, we need grenades and flashes too then!

Plunger

Quote from: IceFire on 01-12-2009
Tear gas? we are having tear gas... cool, we need grenades and flashes too then!
Madcombat has no idea what's going in it. There probably won't be tear gas since this is Stalker.

Cobra

Smoke Grenades and regular grenades would be great... Hmmph. Tear gas and flash is just stupid in the Stalker universe.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Coletrain on 27-11-2009

Kay dig me some hud shit up to use.

Quote from: Ravanger on 27-11-2009
What about a option to edit or delete your characters?

lol

Quote from: IceFire on 01-12-2009

no... this is not css..

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Madcombat

All I am saying is that, Units Such as Spetnaz would use this in Close quarters, sure its a open enviroment, yet there a small towns where this could come use fall, I know its not CSS but then again, you might aswell say since its roleplay why do you need firearms or a suit, not to mention a inventory?  Its just a idea, I have a wide knowlage over the STALKER universe.

IceFire

I would like to see armour special effect, like SEVAS can survive in anom better, and as suck, donno if this is suit stats

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

KillSlim

-If you have your weapon un-holstered, and you sprint, animations take place so it looks like sprinting in Shadow of Chernobyl. (Weapon held close to chest, to the side, etc.)
As seen below (kinda)

-You're unable to shoot whilst sprinting

-Weapons move side to side / up down slightly to add realism to the sprint.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Amontillado

I said this on a different thread, but I was thinking of the trader feature in the game. Now this is just a thought, but would be cool. Now this feature might already exist in some way, but instead of having all the traders, who have the ability to sell every single item, possibly have just traders for factions, that would only sell items their faction uses. Now im not saying that freedom sells bread, and duty sells sausage, I'm saying that certain faction would sell their gear. In SoC, Freedom usually used 5.56 rifles ( l85, l8000 rifle ect ) and duty usually used 5.45 rifles (ak-74, AN 94, ect) I think doing this would be more realistic for the game. Also, If one trader is on, and one is off, they still all sell the same stuff. Now in the zone, i bet all the traders are not available everyday. So if the freedom trader is gone one day, but the bandit trader is here, you would have to settle with their equipment, and maby their prices. In my eye this makes sence, sure stalkers sell stuff to the trader, he fixes them back up, and sells them, but what if he needs something no one has, he would leave, and go find it himself  making it so the traders are not always their (Reality they would just be offline, and a different trader from a different faction would be on.) Please comment on my idea.