Voiding The Caving-In Of The Cordon Bunker

Started by mikeywrenn, 24-02-2011

mikeywrenn

Recently, the Cordon's small bunker was brought down by simply 'Setting bullets on fire'.

No matter how many bullets were 'set on fire' or part of an 'explosion'; They would do little more than chip pieces off of the walls!

So something much alike this:

Could not happen with the situation described!

So unless the bunker was packed to the brim with shells, filling every corner, nothing would happen.

My proof of this:
Mythbusters - Bullets exploding on camp fire (Lethal Popcorn!)

The simplicity behind this is the fact that the momentum of the tip is transferred into the casing also.
In simple terms; The velocity at which the tip is discharged would be majorly LOWERED
Using the idea 'Conservation of Energy', we can quite conclusively say that even if the bullet tip were to fire with its full momentum, it would be transferred into the thick, reinforced bunker wall and do little damage at all.

Another thing to be pointed out: Not all the bullets would be ignited, but would be 'cooked out', rendering the gunpowder semi-reactive and not 'dangerous' as such. There would be no explosion, it would be more like the comic title of my 'proof' LETHAL POPCORN.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Yuri Sergig

Our lives begin to end the day

ISPYUDIE

I support, that sounds stupid that it was caved in purely by that.

Aresty

Linxiekins

Absolutely ridiculous, I'm amazed that an admin actually did this.

andrewhatesyou

Quote from: mikeywrenn on 24-02-2011
No matter how many bullets were 'set on fire' or part of an 'explosion'; They would do little more than chip pieces off of the walls!

So unless the bunker was packed to the brim with shells, filling every corner, nothing would happen.

You just countered your idea with the opposite....First you say the bullets would do more than chip pieces off the wall, then you say unless the bunker was packed with bullets, nothing would happen. What are you trying to say?

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate

lolKieck

Quote from: andrewhatesyou on 24-02-2011

You just countered your idea with the opposite....First you say the bullets would do more than chip pieces off the wall, then you say unless the bunker was packed with bullets, nothing would happen. What are you trying to say?
He meant in general, that maybe there'd be lots of debris, but not enough to cave in whole bunker.
Sidorovich's going to be pissed.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

mikeywrenn

Quote from: lolKieck on 24-02-2011
Quote from: andrewhatesyou on 24-02-2011

He meant in general, that maybe there'd be lots of debris, but not enough to cave in whole bunker.
Sidorovich's going to be pissed.

I meant that only pieces would be chipped off, unless the bunker was actually packed with bullets, as in; Row upon row of bullets, floor to ceiling, wall to wall. Because bullets can't explode in large spaces.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

alex4576

The bunker was filled with a whole stock pile of munitions and as you may already know noble uses a groza and he has VOGS those things go boom if you didn't know so what makes you think there were only bullets in that bunker.

Duranblackraven

The VOG's are a serious concern, and don't think to ignore them just to make your argument sound better. Also, your proof was for 'loose' ammo. Logic dictates ammo storage will be compromised of ammo cans, boxes, and god knows what else. All of them packed into a can CAN keep the brass from expanding, and giving the bullet it's power to become a real threat. Both combined you're looking at A LOT of structural damage to the surrounding area. And seeing as it's a bunker, that now damaged structure is trying to hold up lots and lots of dirt. Now, am I saying that this is a guarantee of a collapse? No, that's left up to the admin in charge of this. And everything I said I stated to said admin as I was asked for my opinion on this. My sources? Not a TV show. My sources come from actually owning firearms that fire the rounds either popular in the Stalker games, or very close, or my own personal dealings with them outside my private firearms.

Aresty

Hello. It's a bunker. It's made to last to explosions. Unless it's a Bunker Buster , nothing. And also the Bunker is used as my bar. And when I'm not one it's sealed.

andrewhatesyou

Quote from: Aresty on 24-02-2011
Hello. It's a bunker. It's made to last to explosions. Unless it's a Bunker Buster , nothing. And also the Bunker is used as my bar. And when I'm not one it's sealed.

The bunker is to protect from explosions from external impact, not internal.

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate

Aresty

THey are made of the same material.

SGT-Spartans

Yea, no. Only bombs, grenades, and high explosives would destroy the bunker. Bullets wouldn't destroy a bunker, unless they destroyed the supports.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

irondeity

Alright ladies. If this is the bunker I think it is. The bullets themselves would do very little as stated before. The VOG's, are indeed, the clinch here. Multiples of those detonating in an enclosed space, would cause some rather significant damage to the interior. If its a 'stockpile' wherein there was ICly many VOG's stashed away, then the inside could been seen as having rather moderate to large chunks of the concrete strew about.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Killabreu

He said that the trader had about 8 Vog grenades in stock. As stated previously, the bunker is made to protect from incoming explosives, not internal explosions. The energy would have literally nowhere to go, as the bunker is sealed. If you've got an explosion inside of a sealed area, the explosion is going to cause some serious damage to the container (the bunker).

SRP Characters:
Callsign "Faust" - Loner.
Callsign "Eastwood" - American trader.
Roger McMillan - Ex-RIRA. Ex-DUTY. Mercenary.

ISPYUDIE

But all of this happened when Ares wasn't at the bunker and he keeps it sealed when he's not there. So it's like attacking a base when there's no-one on to defend it.

Dragon

Assuming that the VOG grenades are standard 40mm HE, with 8 stacked up.
Little to fuck all would actually happen.
And the VOG grenades will only be the actual thing to do atleast SOME damage.
HE grenades simply exert an explosive force into what it hits typically, with some force being exerted around the radius of the explosive.
Which means, most force would of went into the ground BENEATH the bunker, and floors can't collapse when being supported by dirt and mud and shit.

The force being exerted around the VOG would probably be extremely weaker than it was ment to be, as HE grenades, unless in the typical frag style, are ment for direct impacts.
This means fuck all would come from the grenades themselves.

The little shrapnel coming from them would simply dint off the stone of the bunker, useless.
As for bullets, unless it's AP, which is unroleplayed in the server, I have serious doubts it will do anything, as bunkers are bloody made thick.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Paintcheck

VOGs are frag grenades, not shaped charges. They wouldn't collapse a bunker any more than throwing a frag grenade into a room will cave a house in. 8 Vogs really isn't much.

If you were talking about artillery shells then there might be some credibility. But 8 vogs is not going to level a concrete bunker. At all.

mikeywrenn

Quote from: Killabreu on 24-02-2011
The energy would have literally nowhere to go, as the bunker is sealed.

The size of the VOGs and the size of the bunker differ greatly. The VOGs would be taking up less than 1% of the overall enclosed space.

Turkey

Quote from: Paintcheck on 24-02-2011
VOGs are frag grenades, not shaped charges. They wouldn't collapse a bunker any more than throwing a frag grenade into a room will cave a house in. 8 Vogs really isn't much.

If you were talking about artillery shells then there might be some credibility. But 8 vogs is not going to level a concrete bunker. At all.

WTF? Fragmentation grenades were designed for blowing up walls dumbass, not blowing shrapnel and/or killing people, Their as powerful as c4 tard.

Paintcheck

Midgetonic

Paintcheck why arnt you on teh server anymore. I cannot even fathom how An explosion occured in the first place. There was 1 light in the room, that is the only thing that could have started a fire in there ic, and the chances of that happening in that situation is 1/a frickin googleplex. If someone can explain to me how a 'fire' started, then maybe i will accept some bunker damage.

Paintcheck

I've explained to numerous people numerous times why I'm not on the server any more.

And bunkers are concrete, fire wouldn't damage them.

Short of several shaped charges or a bunker buster there's no way that bunker got blown up by small arms ammo. Enclosed or not it doesn't matter.

nKe

Quote from: Turkey on 24-02-2011
Quote from: Paintcheck on 24-02-2011

WTF? Fragmentation grenades were designed for blowing up walls dumbass, not blowing shrapnel and/or killing people, Their as powerful as c4 tard.
u fail.