Very strange error

Started by Optoer, 06-07-2011

Optoer

So I am looking to join the server and downloaded and applied everything in the dl thread. I try to join and gmod closes and an error comes up that reads "Steam DLL isn't worthy of our trust on line..." and then a long number. Can anyone help me or tell me what this means?

Amontillado

Erm, could be something you have downloaded from another server, or something you downloaded from gmod.org that isent compatible with the server. You could try to verify integrity of the game, and defrag the game as well. Worst comes to worse, delete your gmod folder, re-install gmod with no mods, and only install the files for SRP.

Silver Knight

That is garrys anti piracy solution, aload of shit tbh. Your either getting that because he's not very good at coding or you have pirated gmod, either way it's nothing to do with our server\network.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Optoer

I re installed gmod and only used the stalker pack. I bought the game on steam so I have no idea what it is talking about. I try to connect and the same error. Thanks for the info though.

Khorn

Write out the full error, number too.

Usually the number helps a lot.

Frostee

Do you have any source game? (IE: CSS, TF2, HL2,ect.)

Paintcheck

Some people on Facepunch were reporting the same issue with legit copies of Gmod as well. As far as I know there hasn't been a solution yet. You'll just have to be patient. Sorry.

Nerosis

Quote from: Paintcheck on 07-07-2011
Some people on Facepunch were reporting the same issue with legit copies of Gmod as well. As far as I know there hasn't been a solution yet. You'll just have to be patient. Sorry.

* Nerosis has also read this issue on facepunch but found no solution.

Otto

Been getting the same error for months.  You're not alone.

Edit:  Fixed it by lowering all my graphics.