Traders Union Complaint and Suggestion Board

Started by Bagelz, 01-09-2009

Bagelz

Submit all complaints and suggestions here. Be honest when submitting as well. If it is private, please send me a PM. I will make sure that every post here is read thoroughly.

Zero

Hey, not entirely a complaint but are things going to go down in price because... not alot of us have money now a days... and it would help if some of us could actually afford a few things... alright thanks.

Bagelz

I don't control the prices. SilverKnight is solely the one who modifies, and controls them. I HAVE to keep prices for items above the base price, and SilverKnight and I figured it was time they changed. 13,000 for a G36 was way, way too cheap as it was; as well as many other items.

DeltaFart95

How about this, take the regular $ amount of a weapon, convert the cost, and maybe add 25%, cause a couple thousand for a friggin shotgun is absurd

Bagelz

A couple thousand for a shotgun is not absurd...The price for the Mossberg, and the SPAS 12 has ALWAYS been 5,000 Rubles and 8,000 Rubles. The hunting shotgun costs ME 4,000, and I'm not pricing it at 3,000. No point in selling it at that point, I LOSE profit.

I'll talk to Silver about changing them. I admit; they are a BIT...up there. But every price you see has had 25% added to it.

Cobra

Faction Trader applications would be nice ;).

OxTox

Quote from: Cobra on 05-09-2009

You want me, don't you?

Zero

Well, its kind of obvious why trader's don't get as many customers as they did earlier, mostly because of the money we don't have and missions we desperately try to get.

Bagelz

Shotgun prices have been lowered. I know it'll be awhile before people start getting money. But to be honest, not even half the prices were changed, swear to god here. Only suits price that was changed is the SKAT suit, and shotgun and higher up rifles were changed.

And think of it like this...In the real game, how do most players get the GOOD, GOOD guns. Do you buy them, or do you find them? ;) Many weapons can be found on the map from dead players that are left there. It's just a matter of finding them..

Bagelz

This would be....very interesting. Very, very interesting. I'll take this up with SK and the head admin team. Thanks for the suggestion Cobra.

Bagelz

A lot of you don't seem to understand why the prices are so high....

Prices are high because guns were much, much too plentiful before the whipe.
Every price has been set so that at least 500-5000 rubles and above are made in profit. The prices are NOT jacked up just for the hell of it.
SK and I felt it was time they changed, because they were either too low, and too high.

There are many more reasons, but they cannot be lowered for the sake of players. If I had millions of rubles, I would. Trust me.

Bagelz

A FEW NOTES.

Trader flag tiers will not be added. SilverKnight has decided they are unnecessary, and good points were made about it. We will stick with one flag.

Trader observe commands will not be added. It has caused a lot of fuss as of now, and simply is too easy to be abused. We will continue to make missions on foot.

Faction traders are still being talked about. The problem with it is, that faction traders are difficult to play because a custom flag would be needed for every faction. While it isn't difficult to make these flags "I presume", it is up to
SilverKnight, and him alone to decide this

Prices have been set-in-stone, and have been adjusted accordingly through discussion of fellow traders to decide what is right. Shotgun prices were reduced, and some prices were changed.

Paintcheck

Traders do get a salary. They get 200 ru/hour. Obviously that isn't enough to pay for mission rewards. Although now it seems people have been picking up stuff to sell so most traders do have enough rubles to really start giving missions.

The other hard part is traders need to walk to an area to plant props for the mission and a lot of the time people will see the trader doing that and then steal the props, the trader gives the mission and the person hands the props over within like a minute before anyone else has a fair chance to find it. That's why I try to have my missions revolve around players (ie, bring me a bandit, capture me a bloodsucker, etc) because then no one has an advantage.

Bagelz

We receive paychecks every hour. For you with the trader flag, you will find something "new" when you receive your paycheck. I won't spoil it, but I hope you enjoy it.

Creating missions as a trader is also quite difficult due to the lack of Noclip or Observe. We will have to deal with it though, because it is only fair. Look at it this way; if we work together to make them, then they shouldn't be a problem.

KillSlim

Quote from: Bagelz on 05-09-2009

This would be....very interesting. Very, very interesting. I'll take this up with SK and the head admin team. Thanks for the suggestion Cobra.

Ganja, the old Freedom faction trader, was awesome. A real role-model for all traders out there.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Zero

Quote from: Bagelz on 10-09-2009
We receive paychecks every hour. For you with the trader flag, you will find something "new" when you receive your paycheck. I won't spoil it, but I hope you enjoy it.

Creating missions as a trader is also quite difficult due to the lack of Noclip or Observe. We will have to deal with it though, because it is only fair. Look at it this way; if we work together to make them, then they shouldn't be a problem.
I have tried working with other people for a while now, to get missions going, Most of the time the people I put for roles in the missions are either incapable of doing more then I want them to, or just want to leave in the middle of it, either way if I need a bloodsucker, the guy with the bloodsucker says "I don't wana" later on.

Bagelz

Exactly why I never ask anyone to help me make missions or make a base. I get ten times more done on my own. Sure, isn't as social. But when I'm making a base I'm not there to talk about "lulz" or "wat". I'm there to MAKE A BASE.

But teamwork is going to have to happen. The TU is BASED on teamwork, and always has been. If people want to ruin things by fucking around and leaving, fine. They're missing out.

klp4

I got an idea today when I sat on the bus on  my way home.

What if we would make an "event"/"fair" were we would have some good disscounts on weapons, armor etc..
We could build some cool buldings and houses with 2 or 3 levels and make it like a big market, a trading center.
We could also make a list where every trader that wants to be part of it can sign up and then we will decide who will sell what. So that everyone sell different stuff. Like a real market.

This could be really fun to rp and it would not really be an event where we are trying to make more money.
It would be an event for STALKERS and other players to have some fun and be able to buy good stuff for good prices.

This is just an idea on scratch but I'll work on it a lot more and I would like to know what you guys think about it?

"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Zero

Kinda unrealistic and don't exactly support it, but I don't hate it but if its approved then it needs to be rare and unpredictable to make people guess.

Bagelz

Doesn't matter if it's unrealistic. We're here for the players, not realism.

I like the idea KLP, I'll talk with the other traders and see what we can get going.

ISPYUDIE

Quote from: klp4 on 18-09-2009
I got an idea today when I sat on the bus on  my way home.

What if we would make an "event"/"fair" were we would have some good disscounts on weapons, armor etc..
We could build some cool buldings and houses with 2 or 3 levels and make it like a big market, a trading center.
We could also make a list where every trader that wants to be part of it can sign up and then we will decide who will sell what. So that everyone sell different stuff. Like a real market.

This could be really fun to rp and it would not really be an event where we are trying to make more money.
It would be an event for STALKERS and other players to have some fun and be able to buy good stuff for good prices.

This is just an idea on scratch but I'll work on it a lot more and I would like to know what you guys think about it?

Epic idea is epic

Edit to avoid double-posting- Roleplay items, are they allowed?

Basicly, can you RP that you've got something that doesn't exist in the game and sell it? I don't see why not seeing the food items in traders supplies don't really do anything. and it should be ok as long as we don't claim to have OTT items

Lucidius

I've got somethin' that moight intrist yeh. Heh heh heh *opens jacket*

Doesn't sound too bad aslong as it isn't announced before hand several days and what not.

Not realistic but it's something to do.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

klp4

I like your idea ISPYUDIE, since a lot of new comers doesn't have anything to sell and most of the times, when people do have something to sell, it's AK's etc.
I also know that a lot of people also complain when I tell them what they'll get for a AK74u for example. So, if we would make this idea an event someday, I think that RP items could be good for the RP and make a lot of people happy.

Ofcourse we can't buy everything that they come up with, and not too expensive aswell. But some stuff could work.

Good thinking mate!

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Zero

Thought about it, Sure its alright I could try it out. Maybe have a rifle trader, pistol trader, light suits trader, heavier suits trader, food and other suppys trader. People will tell what we sell because of the model items we have behind us.

klp4

Yeah that's the idea. Would be pretty fun. We'll work more on that.