Traders Union Complaint and Suggestion Board

Started by Bagelz, 01-09-2009

Radek

You could *Cough* hire us.. To protect you *Cough*
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Zero

Actually it would make sense for us to hire one member of each faction to guard the place, counted they don't shoot each-other it makes them all feel important.

klp4

Yeah could be really good acually.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Zarrick

More models, I can understand there being the fat-OL trader model, but I was thinking more diverse, for different kinds of people.

Models:
G-man (Clean buisness man, sounds a bit like Bagelz's character)
Grigory (Alternate fat trader)
Eli (Peg leg guy, looks traderish)

I'm not saying clutter up our choices with HL2 models, I'm just saying, those three models WOULD work, Eli = Snurfs black french man, G-man = Khal (Or how I imagine him in my head), Grigory = An alternate Fat-trader.

Uknowhatiamsaying, rite?
====================================

====================================

ISPYUDIE

Suggestion-

Couriers

The job of a courier is a simple one, transport goods to traders to sell. They have to be able to protect themselves from bandits and must know their way around the zone pretty well. They will receive paychecks via traders. Most couriers work in teams and transport their goods via trucks. Some do small packages and go on foot. They are loyal and they most certainly get the job done.

The backup team

A group of mercenaries or stalkers, they transport goods when there are no other couriers around and they are sent in when a courier is in distress. They are well armed and loyal to the TU.

klp4

I like it. Could be fun for other players as well to get a job like that.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

KillSlim

The Carriers could just use that shipment for themselves.
That's the only major flaw.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

ISPYUDIE

Quote from: KillSlim on 05-10-2009

As I said, they'd have to be loyal. It's a job. I mean, couldn't traders run off with TU equipment.

Besides.... There are alot of mercs in the zone... Hehe

Zero

Quote from: KillSlim on 05-10-2009
I don't trust alot of mercs, with shipments, if I trust any mercs at all, I only trust trusted friends most of the time.

Zero

Anyone with suggestions, please if you would kindly post them here, it would be great. Not in lowering prices but anyway we can improve your roleplay. That and if you think you deserve a promotion, talk to me or KLP4

KillSlim

Faction traders sell what the faction actually gets a hold of in the Stalker games.
Duty traders sell Warsaw Pact weapons and equipment. Ak's and variants, etc.

Freedom traders sell NATO weaponry. TRS-101's (LR-300's), IR-86's (SA-80's).

Monolith traders sell a mixture of both, but high level weaponry, as the Monolith are the best equipped.

Loner and Mercenary traders sell a mixture of both pact weapons, but rather low-level weaponry.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Rhyom Guther

Quote from: KillSlim on 04-12-2009
Faction traders sell what the faction actually gets a hold of in the Stalker games.
Duty traders sell Warsaw Pact weapons and equipment. Ak's and variants, etc.

Freedom traders sell NATO weaponry. TRS-101's (LR-300's), IR-86's (SA-80's).

Monolith traders sell a mixture of both, but high level weaponry, as the Monolith are the best equipped.

Loner and Mercenary traders sell a mixture of both pact weapons, but rather low-level weaponry.

Sell the mixture and get a few oddball guns, once and a while.

KillSlim

Anyone can make up that excuse with no questions asked.
Duty trader: "Huurrr, I was sold this NATO wepon by a stakler todai"
Simple as this: If a Duty trader is selling non Warsaw Pact weaponry; give him a warning. Same goes with the other traders; punishment is due if they do not sell what they are limited to sell.

I suggested this because traders seem to have every weapon in the Zone readily available. If we introduce this, it would certainly add realism.

KillSlim

So are these ideas going to be taken into account or is this thread here to make the faction look good.

Cutch

Aren't faction traders just people who channel guns to a specific faction? I mean, its not like warsaw weapons are the only ones that reach the trader. That would be unrealistic and would discourage people being faction traders as a whole.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Paintcheck

The way I run my faction trader is I trade with everyone but people in my faction [Bandits] get discounts on gear. Like HEAVY discounts