Traders!

Started by Zarrick, 19-11-2009

Zarrick

Yes thats right, Traders...to be honest I dont like the Union for one small reason I'd rather not say infront of the entire community, but other than that I have one question for HGN.

"Should a Trader be allowed to be a Trader, without being in the Union?"

My reason for asking are for the Cannonfags, in other words the Traders Union is not Cannon, but then again neither is any RP server in Gmod, they take the games basic looks and lore and mod it, or do you want to be different? Be a trader without the Unions rules looming over you, or maybe you just dont like em? I dunno...but should Traders be allowed to be Traders without being in the Union? Or maybe part of a different kind of Trader organisation? Or even as they are "Cannonly" and be part of a group, like the Duty trader in SoC, or the Freedom trader...should that be right? Should people be able to be traders...without being in a group that you NEED to be in to RP a Trader?

What do you think? Its open to disscussion for all, and for all to discuss.
====================================

KillSlim

Freedom 'Trader' = A Craftsman who takes shoddy weapons and repairs them.

And is this thread made because you were kicked out and wanted to rival the TU?
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Zarrick

I havnt been removed yet, I want to be a Trader without a small thing ruining my fun and RP because he or she has a problem with me.

JUST THINK, were breaking Cannon by not allowing Traders to be Traders without being in a Non-cannon group :O Nah, joking but I want a constructive awnser, not a comment of what I'm doing

Steel

Well, i think you should be able to be independant, will bring trader competition into the game

Plunger

Quote from: KillSlim on 19-11-2009

Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner.

scoutfreak

Yea i agree with this, it would be nice to have traders that don't have the rules looming over them.

Zarrick

Actually I suggested this to Klp and he himself told me to post a thread to see if people would support it, obviously Mister Toilet tool took a chance to troll (WHATS NEW GOIZ?) and again he does it.

Regardless I want CONSTRUCTIVE stuff, not stupid comments so next time be an admin and set an example, all the other poor HGNers may become trolls like yourself D:

Bagelz

From my point of view, you can be a solo trader as long as you apply. The roster is there to simply keep track of traders, and make sure they can track down who is who when someone pulls a fast one. (IE: Giving self weapons, sharing weapons with friends), and for these reasons is why the roster was made.

I have two traders, who play completely solo now. I find I work better alone, because there is nobody to interrupt my work or haggling.

Zarrick

Exactly my bloody point Bagelz, in the TU I have a constant somone watching over me, sending people to spy on me and report every little mess up to that person so that person can then be that person and use that knowledge to stop RP when he very well should be trying to get the TU active, not kill it by removing people for small reasons.

No, it isnt the leader of the TU either, its somone below.

But in other ways, are you saying I can just go solo...like now?

Zero

Quote from: Plunger on 19-11-2009
Quote from: KillSlim on 19-11-2009

Ding ding ding, two winners, yes he is kicked, his flags aren't removed but it will be.

Plunger

Quote from: Zarrick on 19-11-2009
Exactly my bloody point Bagelz, in the TU I have a constant somone watching over me, sending people to spy on me and report every little mess up to that person so that person can then be that person and use that knowledge to stop RP when he very well should be trying to get the TU active, not kill it by removing people for small reasons.

No Zarrick, The point of the TU is to make sure traders don't abuse, but you abused, you lost your flags, get over it.

ISPYUDIE

In my perspective, the TU is what supplies the Trader's with all their supplies, so going solo would mean not having the flag and finding supplies your own way?

And Plunger is right, the point is to make sure traders don't abuse. But I'm not going to take sides on this situation because I don't know the full picture.

KillSlim

Quote from: Plunger on 19-11-2009
Quote from: Zarrick on 19-11-2009

No Zarrick, The point of the TU is to make sure traders don't abuse, but you abused, you lost your flags, get over it.

Fucking right Plunger. For once I agree with you.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Locke

Sure you can be a trader and not be in the TU, but you sure as hell aren't getting flags.

KillSlim

Quote from: Locke on 20-11-2009
Sure you can be a trader and not be in the TU, but you sure as hell aren't getting flags.
For some reason I lol'd at this.

klp4

Well Zarrick, you already know what I think of this.

First,
Plunger is right. The Union keeps track of every trader so that noone abuses the flag.
The rules that we have are also here to keep people from abusing the flag and to keep the order. Without them, it would be chaos.

Second,
The Union supplies every trader with basically, everything.
Ofcourse, if a trader wants to go solo, he or she are allowed to do so, but, for as long as this trader wants to be supplied (= Having the trader flag to get access to the supply list) he or she has to follow the rules that the Union has.

Think of it as for example, McDonalds.
McDonalds is a franchise company. That means that all the McDonalds resturants around the world, have their own owners. So it's like their own company, in one way, but they still have to follow the rules that McDonalds have. If they don't follow these rules, they are not allowed to use the name Mcdonalds, not their products, not their company idea or anything.

So for the rules that we have now, if you want us to supply you, you have to follow the rules.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Zarrick

Fair enough then, it seems I was defeated in a sense...oh well, I'll still trade, I just wont have access to EVERYTHING in the server.

In a sense I did, and didnt abuse the flag...I used the flag to refund peoples lost equipment out of my own pocket, but I'm not the first to do that, so yes I -did- abuse but it wasnt for my own gain...I knew the people I were refunding had the gear they asked for and I merely spawned it for them again, if it wasnt for the bug we have I wouldnt need to.

I wasnt told whatro I was doing wng, until very late and then we moved onto Server rules, and not TU rules and I was removedn in the end for breakig the "Do not wear faction suits rule" which yes, I was doing, I was doing it for an RP, which any Dutyer at the time can ask about as he wanted proof of me in possession of the Exoskeleton I was trying to sell him.

Either way I arent obviously getting the flags, I have nothing more to say as it'd either get me a snide comment, a ban or more Plunger-rage so i'll leave it at that.

Gooday!

Zero

If a person wants to be a solo trader, they can talk to me or KLP4 about keeping their flags, and ICly having connections outside, but I would prefer the trader be a good roleplayer, have no issues with us and have no vendetta against the Leader, Co-leader, or any of the members, Zarrick from what I know some people like you, but from personal experience I've had some bad roleplaying moments with you on your old monolith flag and your Black rain merc, plus you being a general asshole to me when I tried reasoning with you, if it weren't for that I would consider it.

Zarrick

It seemed like all you wanted was me to be removed, I dont know if that was true or not...you had "Personal" reasons and it seemed like you were doing a Plunger-moment on me, SORRY AN ALL but instincts tell me to be an arse to Plunger-eqsue moments, if that was not your intention then I guess I was extremely wrong.

Plunger

Quote from: Zarrick on 20-11-2009
It seemed like all you wanted was me to be removed, I dont know if that was true or not...you had "Personal" reasons and it seemed like you were doing a Plunger-moment on me, SORRY AN ALL but instincts tell me to be an arse to Plunger-eqsue moments, if that was not your intention then I guess I was extremely wrong.
Cool, I'm a verb now.

Zarrick

Plunger, your under arrest for the attempted murder of Locke.
* Zarrick locks you in the thread D:

Locke

He didnt finish the job.