These problematic mercenaries, AKA Mercebandits.

Started by Hotstarr, 27-01-2010

Hotstarr

Guys, how many times have you been or saw someone get backstabbed by a mercenary that they hired? How much money pay to have someone go kill someone else, guard a spot, or help you in a fight, and end up watching him put a bullet in your face?

I'm fed up with these mercenaries who call themselves efficient and professionals, when they can't even stay true to their contract. Even a rookie stalker with a makarov would do better than some merc armed to the teeth. I mean, at least the rookie wouldn't "turn" into a bandit right after you paid him. I'm incredibly reluctant to trust anybody wearing a merc suit or flag, and I've become enticed to shoot them down so whomever hires them won't lose their money, life, and anything on their person. If you're going to have a merc backstab you, you'd be better off paying a bandit to beat you to death. At least there isn't any deception in that.

It's time to stop this, everybody. If you're sick of bandits who dare call themselves "mercenaries" and wear a gas mask and blue suit, while putting the honest and professional guys to shame, then get together and end this. There is nothing to lose, and much to gain.

deluxulous

cool story bro, it's rp.

In the words of Reznov, "DEAL WITH IT"

Locke

No, it's called being a minge. We should have a contract system where if the merc goes against his contract, or turns on his employer, they can be player killed.

Alex

Well, if they just happened to be PKed for "malpractice", they can't bitch.

Strelok Holmes

Professionals in STRP is like women who play WoW.. It's only 16% of the entire playerbase since the start to now.

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Sickness

I agree with Locke. If we can manage to do that, then I would implant that into Chernobyl Shadows. But my men are good, they don't do that backstab stuff :/
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

lolKieck

For me mercbandits should be PKed if they die one way or another, even from faildamage. Making mercenaries look unprofessional will give them A LOT of merc enemies, so they'll be hunted down by them. Like in normal life.
KEEL DEM ALL is to the tl;dr people.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Zarrick

What if a Mercenary is paid to go on the "Enemies" side, and then backstab them as a Tactical advantage to the employer? Was paid to do that several times on Psycho.
====================================

Steel

Quote from: Zarrick on 28-01-2010
What if a Mercenary is paid to go on the "Enemies" side, and then backstab them as a Tactical advantage to the employer? Was paid to do that several times on Psycho.

Its all about the highest bidder ladies and gentlemen.
In all honesty, i dont agree with the shear ammount of Mercs on the server regardless.

KillSlim

Quote from: The Jackal on 28-01-2010
Quote from: Zarrick on 28-01-2010

Its all about the highest bidder ladies and gentlemen.
In all honesty, i dont agree with the shear ammount of Mercs on the server regardless.

There's barely any work. It's what almost killed Black Rain, hopefully this will halve the amount of Mercs currently on the server.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Locke

Either way, mercs are untrust-worthy.

Steel

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 28-01-2010

True Say, never trust mercs.

Dug

Quote from: The Jackal on 29-01-2010

Depends who you hire. Outcasts back in the day were trust worthy.
If someone was suppose to die, he died. If they needed a body the got a body.

Real simple we never cheated on our contractor.

Strelok Holmes

Instead, trust your friendly neigborhood loner!

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Steel

Quote from: Dug on 29-01-2010

Depends who you hire. Outcasts back in the day were trust worthy.
If someone was suppose to die, he died. If they needed a body the got a body.

Real simple we never cheated on our contractor.

Your a merc... cheating is all part of it, highest bidder wins.

And yer, trust your friendly loner! :P

Zarrick

Prime example, once Freedom were raiding Duty base, three exos, tons of Freedomers...I walked in and one of the Exos was like "Heres five kay, shoot the mans" I was like "K" and then I got a SF/IC PDA Message from a Milli that they'd give more, Freedom ended up losing because I gunned down there three exos, one soldier and then took a barrel of bullets to the face and then hid (With 4HP and no armour) for the rest of the fight.

And it was this guy that betrayed Freedom, however after killing them they "Suddenly" didnt like me, (NLR Fail)

And when I say this guy, I mean below V

Steel

Aye, There just is no honour in being a merc, if your gonna be like that, go join the faction, ya know?
There has only ever been a handful of true mercs on the server.

Locke

I've only trusted the AU, ever.
When I lead freedom, I make it clear that only mercenaries I had dealt with before could be trusted. For example, Sickness had a merc that me and his character went waaaay back on, so I could trust him with my life. I also trusted Shep's merc and his officers in the Armored Union. Other than that, most mercenaries are fucktard minges who decided being a lolmerc would let them kill people on a RP server and will take any excuse to get money and pew pew someone. My advice to people that are affected by lolmercs? Don't hire them, and they will slowly run out of work, meaning that eventually they'll have to find another line of work. You can't be backstabbed by a merc you didn't hire, right?

Duranblackraven

Quote from: Sickness on 27-01-2010
I agree with Locke. If we can manage to do that, then I would implant that into Chernobyl Shadows. But my men are good, they don't do that backstab stuff :/

Exactly, we're good at what we do and never do things like that. *whipes the blood off his knife*

Assassinator

Duranblackraven

XD If only we had a model like that.

Aviator

Mercenary groups are stupid. There's too many of them.
Just be a lone mercenary... or, even better, desecrate the current mercenary groups and create a central Mercenary faction like in all of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. You guys don't get it- "Mercenary" isn't a label- it's the name of their faction, which does mercenary work. They aren't loners who do work for money like lone "mercenaries", they are a unified faction who isn't broke off into tons separate groups or several lone "mercenaries"...
That's the uncanon of this. They're a faction that came into the Zone for mercenary work and stuff. They know nothing about the Zone. Just combat, violence, and professionalism.

Lone mercenaries are cool and all- call yourself a mercenary like Scar did in Clear Sky- but you're not a real Mercenary. You're just another S.T.A.L.K.E.R. that does work for pay. That doesn't make you a Mercenary. Even if you got a suit and shit- you're not. These unofficial factions for mercenaries are stupid, there needs to be a single huge Mercenary main faction for real mercenaries- and the unofficial ones can keep calling themselves mercenaries if they want to. Won't make them one.
Donators can keep their mercenary flags and shit, but they won't be real mercenaries unless they join up.
Disregard my comment and ideas, keep being uncanon and inaccurate to the day you die. I don't give a shit.
P.S. to the tl;dr-ers, In the Zone, "Mercenary" isn't a label, it's the name of the faction. All S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s are technically "Mercenaries" in their own sense. Work for pay, raids, collections, all the same.

Locke

Aviator has a very good point.

Though, there are a few good merc factions, like Sickness' one.
This "unified faction" idea appeals to me. This way, if there is any issues with the mercenaries breaking rules, then they can be reported/dealt with, and rules can be better enforced.

Joemoma

Hey i'm currently Dling the stuff and it appears these lolmercs and stuff are a huge issue, i'll try to avoid doing anything stupid like that, i just hope i don't get left in the dust without cash or guns :( but i have trust that i would find way to Passive Roleplay my way into some cash, although from what i've heard these guys are as bad as a tick with some weird disease that leeches on you until you kill it.

Aresty

I'm an LOLmerc, And I kill for the money, Of course if somebody offers me even more money to kill the guy who hired him, I'd kill him.