These problematic mercenaries, AKA Mercebandits.

Started by Hotstarr, 27-01-2010

topgeneral

you guys should know mercs only work for profit so dont be suprised if they get a better offer mid way through the deal so they decide "hey if i just say cya! im going to get shot so lets shoot him first" ive ment some good mercs out there even though im a capital noob

Zarrick

====================================

Hotstarr

Quote from: Aresty on 06-02-2010
I'm an LOLmerc, And I kill for the money, Of course if somebody offers me even more money to kill the guy who hired him, I'd kill him.

Why? Why did you just admit to being a lolmerc? That title comes only with shame and stupidity. You just told everyone reading this thread how horrible a mercenary you are.

Quote from: topgeneral on 06-02-2010
you guys should know mercs only work for profit so dont be suprised if they get a better offer mid way through the deal so they decide "hey if i just say cya! im going to get shot so lets shoot him first" ive ment some good mercs out there even though im a capital noob

You are a noob. How many mercenaries have you heard of or seen IRL that do that sort of shit? First off, mercenaries are professional soldiers hired by someone or some group. They aren't some immature faggots who turns on someone just because another person has a shinier coin. Mercs are supposed to get their job done, not be bandits with a gas mask on their freaking face.

Lolmercs are just unrealistic and stupid idiots who can't apply some common sense into their roleplay. Only a few people should be allowed to go around as mercenaries, despite not having the flag.

OjManchow

Well Hell, Im away for a couple of months and I come back to learn people have been staining the Independant Contracter name

Meany's the lot of them

Zarrick

I do agree with Mercs being somthing you gotta apply for, I am honestly sick of half the server asking me for Jobs...I only really hire the well equipped ones or the Grouped ones, but I -am- sick of everyone just buying a Merc suit and being all "LUL I AM TEH MERCS", TBH The Mercenary Suit(s) should be removed from the danm Traders menu to avoid this, if you want to get a better suit as a Mercenary, join a Mercenary faction who will obviously be able to supply you with such equipment, I am actually getting sick of -everyone- with a Trader flag being able to sell the armour of a supposedly secretive and professional group of people, AKA The Mercenaries, can an SV/Somone that can do somthing about this threads qaulms reply with an awnser please?

Genesis

It's totally fair for them to backstab you, because they probably wanted more cash. I was once part of a Merc clan, but I left because they weren't being Mercs. They were murdering people and stealing their shit. Those are the kinda people we should be worried about.

OjManchow

If a merc back stabs their contracter, then the " Merc " isnt actually a merc

Hes a bloody idiot

Killing your boss makes even less work about

ISPYUDIE

Sure you can trust a merc, as long as you've got cash.

My mercenary has a list of Personal rules that he never breaks.

Hotstarr

Quote from: Genesis on 11-02-2010
It's totally fair for them to backstab you, because they probably wanted more cash. I was once part of a Merc clan, but I left because they weren't being Mercs. They were murdering people and stealing their shit. Those are the kinda people we should be worried about.

I'd be fine if they backstabbed people because someone else paid them at least twice as much money. However, mercenaries shouldn't be able to switch contracts on the fly like they do on the server. No contract should last less than five minutes. Imagine mercenaries in real life doing that. The only reason mercs have existed so long is because they're PROFESSIONAL.

Honestly, mercenaries are pretty much people paid to give half a fuck about their job, and are pretty much bandits wearing gas masks and blue/camo suits and bulletproof vests. It may be fair, but it shouldn't be tolerated at all.

Louis_Cypher

The problem here is fucking 13 year olds with no knowledge of how real mercs act. Take a look at the 5th Commando, Executive Outcomes, hell, even Blackwater. They all follow their contracts to the letter. The last time mercs acted like that was in the Renaissance.

Y4L

If they're going to backstab you they should:
1. Make sure they get a hefty amount to do it, not just a 10 rouble increase in their pay.
2. They cover it up a little, say something along the lines of "Ambushed by bandits" because who is going to hire you if they cant trust you not to kill them?

In the end, the mercs may suffer more as they get a bad reputation, bad reputations mean less work.

OjManchow

Quote from: Louis_Cypher on 20-02-2010
The problem here is fucking 13 year olds with no knowledge of how real mercs act. Take a look at the 5th Commando, Executive Outcomes, hell, even Blackwater. They all follow their contracts to the letter. The last time mercs acted like that was in the Renaissance.

^

SundayRoast

Where can you get the Mercenary flag?
I'm looking forward to this job since I am a trustworthy person.

Strelok Holmes

Sunday, its called DONATE via paypal.

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Dark Angel

Quote from: SundayRoast on 26-02-2010

2 Posts..... yeah sure! We can trust you.

Zero

Quote from: Dark Angel on 26-02-2010
Quote from: SundayRoast on 26-02-2010
1706 posts, obviously you should be zee SUPER ADMIN of everything, suuuure lets ignore the spamming =\

2 Posts..... yeah sure! We can trust you.

Zstan

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 27-01-2010
No, it's called being a minge. We should have a contract system where if the merc goes against his contract, or turns on his employer, they can be player killed.
Hahaha, oh hell ya.