The Zone of Alienation, by Professor David Star.

Started by Blake.H, 15-07-2010

Blake.H

During my many years in the Zone of Alienation various events have inspired me to write a book on my findings in the zone.

The Zone of Alienation, by Professor David Star.

Chapter 1, Life In The 
Zone.

Life in the zone is harsh and fast paced. Throughout time in the zone every waking second keeps you thinking what could happen next, the zone is unpredictable and spontaneous, most of these events are of the bad type. The zone is full of dangers be it human, mutant or enviromental. 

The enviromental effects on people can be some of the worst. Mentally, it can drve people to the extent of madness, so far that they would be willing to give their own, and often others, lives to destroy or simply escape the harsh reality of the zone. 
The enviroment can and often does physically harm you. 
Everything you eat, drink and touch Is irradiated, I whitnessesed many rookies fall foul to radiation, many of them too far sickened by it to be saved, even for the ecologist to save them.
By far the biggest killer to rookies and veterans of the zone alike is the anomalies, anomalous formations created by the zone, these anomalies cut, burn, electrocute, crush and even liquidise anything or anyone unfortuneate enough to be caught out by one. Even the most cautious ecologist with the latest pioneering equipment can easly fall foul to anomalies. This is by far one of the biggest killers in the Zone.

Mutants are victims of the zones, they are only shells of their former beings, those being human and animals alike. There are several types of mutants in the zone; Bloodsuckers, Flesh, Zombies, Dogs, Controllers, that's just to name a few. All mutants of the zone are agessive, fearless hunters and killers. Even mutated rats attack lone stalkers. Most mutants have a large arsonal of weapons; claws, teeth, tenticles even their minds. All of which used for survival, which often results in your death. 
The psychological effects of these mutants can be devistating. Endless waves of them after dusk crush moral, the sight of them causing instant panic, shock and fear. There is one mutant which strikes fear into even the most seasoned stalker, this creature known as the controler. It can take over your entire body in less than a minuite, make you act against your will, kill anyone or anything it commands you to. Survivors or the controller are often left brain dead or mentally scared for life. 

The human influence on others can just be as bad as any mutant or anomaly. There is a constant war inside the zone, factions openly attack, kill and massacre each other all for their own reasons. Anarchist, freedom faction, like myself wish the zone to be a free roaming area. Free for anyone in the world to enter and leave at thier own discretion. Freedom often attack DUTY, a faction who believes, like the military of Ukraine, that the zone should be sealed off, even destroyed.
There is one faction that strikes fear into every stalkers heart. The Monolth. This faction is fearless, brutal, agressive and imune to some aspects of the zone. The monolith have one goal, kill everyone and have the zone to themselves. A truely dark faction.

Supplies in the zone are often hard to come by and of poor quality. The number and variety of weapons in the zone is astonishing, from MakarovPM's to my personal favorite the G36 assult rifle. You name it, it's prabably in the zone. 
All these weapons are in the zone but the amount of ammo available in the zone is limited, it must be hard for the traders of the zone to import the massive amounts of ammo needed to supply the wars between factions. 
Food Is also a pretty hard thing to come by if you're a stalker althogh old military warehouses and bunkers are often found and looted for their ration packs and supplies. 
By far the hardest thing to come by in the zone is something that we, outside the zone, take for granted. Water. Almost all water in the zone is heavly radiated and full of bacteria or parisites. Water has to be filtered, boiled and purified before being drnkable although the most part stalkers only boil the water as to remove the parisites and bacteria. Those who drink it untreated are likely to die a slow and painful death. 
Most stalkers use vodka as a substitute of water, probably the worst substitute as alcohol dehydrates your body where water hydrates it. 

Chapter Two, Why People migrate to the zone
There are many reasons why people vacate to the zone, most of them on false information and sheer rumours. A few reasons people vacate to the zone are; untold riches, to escape their current lives, to escape the law and to gain reputation or to be some body. 

Many rookies come to the zone in search of anomalous items such as artifactts which can be sold outside the zone for considerable amounts of money. This often means toying with their lives attempting to get the artifacts from anomalous formations or from heavly radiated areas. For Instance, the whirlgig. The whirlgig is an anomalous formation that sucks everything, that isn't bolted down,  into it within a five meter radious.  Artifacts are often created by these anomalies but then stay inside the anomaly, seemingly hovering off the gound. When someone tries to get the aritifact they will be sucked in and probably added to the anomalies artifact collection. 

Another reason for people to emigrate to the zone is that of a personal or legal reason. Some people find life outside the zone so boring or depressing that they feel they need a totally new start. Others will go there to escape the law. I have still not grown to understand why people would think the zone would offer a better quality of life than outside. The zone is hostile, dangerous and deadly. Why would anyone want to leave the safety of their homes for an almost certain death? Some believe moving to the zone will give them instant fame and reputation. But the truth is you start at the bottom and unless you can take down 15 bloodsuckers and have the tenticles to prove it, you stay there. 

In the more reccent times I have come to notice a greater influx of people to the deeper zone. Foolish, often young minds throwing their lives away. I am not trying to persuade everyone not to come to the zone. But please, make sure your trained and have the right motives and please, don't leave the cordon until you are absoluty ready. 

Chapter Three, Inflential People, Vladimir Stovsky.
WIP

Feel free to reply oocly, you wouldn't be able to reply icly anyway seeing as the books not completed.

Excuse any mistakes please I'm on my iPhone. It knows how to spell words but just loves fucking with you.  

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Ravanger

Goose

Blake... I hate you... JUST FUCKING DIE Q_Q why wont he die ;_; damn star....
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Blake.H

Quote from: Goose on 15-07-2010
Blake... I hate you... JUST FUCKING DIE Q_Q why wont he die ;_; damn star....

I told you I would write it Goose. You just gotta wait until say chapter 4 for your juicy section Goose. Oh yes, there will be blood.

"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

deluxulous

Oooooh I get it now. David Star is now STAR and prevents me from joining DUTY.

it all falls into place...

Ravanger

Quote from: PistolKid on 15-07-2010
Oooooh I get it now. David Star is now STAR and prevents me from joining DUTY.

it all falls into place...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH^....

Radek

I wonder When my section is Lol, other then that, great work bud, get to workin on the next parts.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Goose

Ohhh im in a story :D i feel special cant wait xD
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Turkey

*Clap Clap Clap* I like it. Where is the part where you murder everyone? =|

Goose

That is my part, and Star didn't murder everyone, Blaze did pfffft

Radek

Yep, Goose we Both get parts But Blake apears to be to lazy to finish em.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Blake.H

Bumped and added chapter 2. I will fix it up later when I'm not on my iPhone.