The Smilodon's Info/News thread

Started by Zombiedance, 13-10-2010

Zombiedance

The Smilodons

On a especially cold day in The Zone, a group of mercenaries sat around a fire, they were good friends. Two of them, Xaco and Charles, had been friends for years. Charles and Xaco were more overly the leaders of their small group of friends. The Two of them gained a bit of a reputation for being particularly deadly. After doing some jobs, the group had gotten about 4 or 5 members that were around every now and than. Over the course of the next 4 weeks, they formed the group, naming it "The Smilodons" after a deadly prehistoric feline whom is now extinct. The group continued to associate themselves with some of the factions, getting the cash needed to be a proper group. After this they created their patch, of a Smilodon roaring, with S.T.T. below it.

Hound -

- The main pack members, they bring average firepower to the fight like LR300s and L85s, SPASs, Mossbergs, and AKs.

Tiger -
- These Soldiers command the lower ranks of the group, and can lead the lower ranks into battles/missions

Hunter -
Turk
Smithy
- The main killers of the group, they do not waver when a gun is pointed at them, but instead knock the gun out of their attacker's hand, break their arm, dislocate their shoulder, and snap their neck (Not literally, but if they have the chance, they ought to). These are much like the Tigers but are more experienced.

Saint Bernard -

Alex4576(remaining a free trader and not completely associated with our doings)
Steven (not sure anymore)
- The main supplier of the pack, he knows first-aid and carries supplies on him.

Beasts -
Reorp
Pawx
- These killers are often outfitted with large blades, Black Kites, and the more deadly of the Assault Rifles or Sniper Rifles.

Alpha Guards -
Lt.Taylor
- The main person backing the leader, and should take a bullet for him/her whenever possible, and must defend the leader at ALL costs, as should all other ranks.

Alpha Dog -

ZombieDance 
- The leader of the group, he is outfitted with the gear of his choosing and if he is around, leads all attacks and orders all other group members.

Bandits: Neutral
Ecologist: Neutral
Military: Cease fire with limits
Monolith: Aggressive
Loners: Neutral/semi-aggressive
Duty: Neutral
Freedom: Neutral
Free Traders: Neutral

Every Sunday at 11AM We have meetings dont worry these meetings are very short and are just so we can manage cash, equip members, and deal with current issues.

We've decided this to be our most representing song(s) as to what we're like:

And for all of you who don't like this kinda' shit, just read the lyrics or something.

jaik

Didn't we already have some acrobats, swear to god I read that group info somewhere else.
Seems like a lot of mercs, but I want to raise a question, do they have their backstory to explain their combat skills, or were you just walking around picking up some random loners?
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Paintcheck

Snapping necks and other "Lol i r action matrix man" moves do not work in real life. Sorry but anyone with a gun or knife would kill you long before you got anywhere near them.

And good luck parkouring with 50+ pounds of tactical and survival gear on you. Load bearing gear is heavy as fuck.

Tom

Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Zombiedance

to Tom: Hurricane i believe?
To tell you the truth i scanned over the info but didn't read it Taylor typed it up ill get it fixed. :\
Quote from: Paintcheck on 14-10-2010

And good luck parkouring with 50+ pounds of tactical and survival gear on you. Load bearing gear is heavy as fuck.
Who said where in 50 pounds of tactical gear and stuff we have a HQ to store that. I do parkour/ Free-running and ive done it in desert boots, trench coat, gloves, slung pdw, and a co2 pistol in a holster. It was at a scenario air soft place. I had to get on top of a 1 story building and so i popped off the wall grabbing a little cover/patio thing above a door pulled my self up on to it and pulled my self onto the roof.

BTW parkouring isn't a word  ;D

Tom

Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Khorn

He said your Merc joined. And Taylor wrote this up.

Pawx

Snapping necks and other "Lol i r action matrix man" moves do not work in real life.

Can you please explain to me where it says we Snap Necks and that we do the Matrix in Zombiedance's Thread? The fuck you reading?

Khorn

QuoteHunter -
Jgr. Thorsten
Turk
Smithy
- The main killers of the group, they do not waver when a gun is pointed at them, but instead knock the gun out of their attacker's hand, break their arm, dislocate their shoulder, and snap their neck.These are much like the Tigers but are more experienced.

Probably meant that area.

Paintcheck

...Did you even read what you posted? You say clearly in the Hunter section that you do that (thank you Khorn for quoting).

Pawx

Quote from: Khorn on 14-10-2010
QuoteHunter -
Jgr. Thorsten
Turk
Smithy
- The main killers of the group, they do not waver when a gun is pointed at them, but instead knock the gun out of their attacker's hand, break their arm, dislocate their shoulder, and snap their neck.These are much like the Tigers but are more experienced.

How I totally missed that frightens me...

Must be why all the Hunters die first...

Zombiedance

Quote from: Pawx on 14-10-2010
QuoteHunter -
Jgr. Thorsten
Turk
Smithy

How I totally missed that frightens me...

Must be why all the Hunters die first...
Maybe were talking about children pointing guns at us think about that?

Paintcheck

Quote from: Zombiedance on 14-10-2010
To tell you the truth i scanned over the info but didn't read it Taylor typed it up ill get it fixed. :\

Who said where in 50 pounds of tactical gear and stuff we have a HQ to store that. I do parkour/ Free-running and ive done it in desert boots, trench coat, gloves, slung pdw, and a co2 pistol in a holster. It was at a scenario air soft place. I had to get on top of a 1 story building and so i popped off the wall grabbing a little cover/patio thing above a door pulled my self up on to it and pulled my self onto the roof.

BTW your smartass response still doesn't explain the justification you think you have for breaking people's necks like a ninja while running around on roofs. And trench coats, boots, and small airsoft guns =/= kevlar plate carrier, loaded mag pouches, a rifle, gasmask, and food. Kevlar is heavy if you've never tried on an actual vest they can get upwards of 30 pounds by themselves (counting the gear and shit you'd have on them).  Add another 7-10 pounds for your rifle, possibly more. Now tell me you could scale a building with all that. Yes you aren't carrying a tent and sleeping back and shit like that presumably (and if you are fully loaded from personal camping experience you'd be carrying at least 50 pounds of clothing, food, and survival gear minimum, plus first aid and hazmat stuff for the radiation) but that is still 40 pounds on top of your body weight that you have to lug around on a building. An AK74 magazine weighs 2/3s of a pound EACH so if you're planning on fighting when you get to wherever your going that's even more weight.

Yeah I realize I am not an admin any more but old habbits die hard and I used to be in charge of trying to prevent nonsensical shit from happening. I think that's Tom's job now but whatever.

Khorn

During worry Paint, the physics and animations in Gmod will prevent any fancy movement anyways. He can try to parkour his way up over walls, but it ain't gonna happen when a bullet hits him.

Zombiedance

By knowing parkour im just saying there's and agility kind of bonus im not saying its for fights.

BTW your smartass response still doesn't explain the justification you think you have for breaking people's necks like a ninja while running around on roofs. And trench coats, boots, and small airsoft guns =/= kevlar plate carrier, loaded mag pouches, a rifle, gasmask, and food. Kevlar is heavy if you've never tried on an actual vest they can get upwards of 30 pounds by themselves (counting the gear and shit you'd have on them).  Add another 7-10 pounds for your rifle, possibly more. Now tell me you could scale a building with all that. Yes you aren't carrying a tent and sleeping back and shit like that presumably (and if you are fully loaded from personal camping experience you'd be carrying at least 50 pounds of clothing, food, and survival gear minimum, plus first aid and hazmat stuff for the radiation) but that is still 40 pounds on top of your body weight that you have to lug around on a building. An AK74 magazine weighs 2/3s of a pound EACH so if you're planning on fighting when you get to wherever your going that's even more weight.

Yeah I realize I am not an admin any more but old habbits die hard and I used to be in charge of trying to prevent nonsensical shit from happening. I think that's Tom's job now but whatever.

The only time parkour is useful in game is just for being more agile etc who said  im going to be leaping building to building to get to an area no im just going to walk but still if i were to use parkour in game i obviously wouldnt have all that crap probably just a pistol i would store food etc at the HQ for my faction and then go. Then still if i wanted to get onto a small building icly couldn't i set my stuff down and have it passed up to me?

Khorn

I really doubt anyone will allow you to have an agility bonus without some admins approval. And if they do, then have fun with a slight increase to jumping and running.

Pawx

I really doubt anyone will allow you to have an agility bonus without some admins approval. And if they do, then have fun with a slight increase to jumping and running.

We need Admin Approval to climb a wall? That's probably the highest Parkouring I've done on SRP, since it retricts me from doing anything fun..

Paintcheck

. Then still if i wanted to get onto a small building icly couldn't i set my stuff down and have it passed up to me?

You could but having someone heave your 50 pounds of gear you took off up a few stories to you will be as hard as climbing up with it. Seems like you'd save time by just walking up the stairs since it's not like people live in the buildings in the Zone and you need to be all sneaky about it.

Zombiedance

Paintcheck like i said a 1(UNO/ONE) story. Also we do have admin approval and its mainly for rp purposes not icly climbing a 12 story building it i did climb anything in-game it would be at most a 2 story building. If i did it it would be for tactical advantage if i needed to raid, trap, etc.

jaik

i did climb anything in-game it would be at most a 2 story building. If i did it it would be for tactical advantage if i needed to raid, trap, etc.

I honestly really don't see you climbing anything on Sector 42.

Khorn

Tallest place is the mono factory. Climbing it would be stupid.

Aresty

God, people that keep on posting here have nothing better to do than bitch at others. Or I may be wrong and  you  are people posting  " consturctive cryticism." but I doubt it..

jaik

Quote from: Aresty on 15-10-2010
consturctive cryticism.

It's constructive criticism.
That's what my post it.

Btw, we don't want some ninjas running around in The Zone.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Jake on 15-10-2010

/thread.

Pawx

Quote from: Jake on 15-10-2010
Quote from: Aresty on 15-10-2010
consturctive cryticism.

It's constructive criticism.
That's what my post it.

Parkouring =//= Ninja's

Nitro's Character Halo = Ninja

You must of been mixed up between the two...

Also Agreed with Ares