The Smilodon's Info/News thread

Started by Zombiedance, 13-10-2010

jaik

Quote from: Pawx on 15-10-2010
Nitro's Character Halo = Ninja

His character was here before you joined and it's Nitro, there's not much you can say.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Turkey

Quote from: Pawx on 15-10-2010
Quote from: Jake on 15-10-2010
Quote from: Aresty on 15-10-2010
consturctive cryticism.

It's constructive criticism.
That's what my post it.

Btw, we don't want some ninjas running around in The Zone.

Parkouring =//= Ninja's

Nitro's Character Halo = Ninja

You must of been mixed up between the two...

Also Agreed with Ares

Austin powers creed. Speaks german french english russian, Bandit merc. obnoxious with a bad name. Dual wields to desert eagle.

Paintcheck

The "ninja shit" comments do not solely stem from the parkour. It's the "snap necks, kick guns out of people's hands" shit that people are worried about and that I have yet to see an answer for.

Zombiedance

Quote from: Paintcheck on 15-10-2010
The "ninja shit" comments do not solely stem from the parkour. It's the "snap necks, kick guns out of people's hands" shit that people are worried about and that I have yet to see an answer for.
It's just a figure of speech meaning there not going to just fall down and surrender. It follows the same context as if i said "He's like satin!" is he actually satin? No its just saying he's just demented, weird, etc.

Paintcheck

...So they are suicidal is what you really mean?

Turkey

Yup. Kamikaze

Zombiedance

There loyal they aren't going to get on the ground and let me get killed. For instance if i walked up to the military leader and pulled a gun out the guards would shoot me right. Some if i pulled a gun on one of the guards they would kill me..... excreta. 

Khorn

Paintcheck

Quote from: Khorn on 15-10-2010
Ah, its a cult.

Yeah. Mercenaries are loyal but not THAT loyal, most would surrender faced with overwhelming odds since they really have no reason to fight to the death.

jaik

Quote from: Zombiedance on 15-10-2010
There loyal they aren't going to get on the ground and let me get killed.

We'll see about that when I'll get back to SRP.

Zombiedance

Ok here 2 guys walk up to me and i have on guard the guard isn't going to run off.... Its really not that hard you just want to be right.

jaik

lolKieck

Quote from: Jake on 16-10-2010
Quote from: Zombiedance on 16-10-2010
I have one guard, the guard...
What?
Fixed, and he attempts to reply to Paintcheck they'll fight with a bit bigger odds for the enemy, but not to death.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Paintcheck

What?

And yes I do like to be right but this is more about making sense than anything. Mercs wouldn't fight to the death; that's why they are mercs and not factioners. They are only in it for money

lolKieck

Quote from: Paintcheck on 16-10-2010
What?

And yes I do like to be right but this is more about making sense than anything. Mercs wouldn't fight to the death; that's why they are mercs and not factioners. They are only in it for money

I'm sure mercs could fight odds like 1,5 against 1 of their own. But nothing like fighting to death and they'd give info about the employer for money.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Khorn

Well on SRP,mercs are the most untrustworthy people, they always back stab people.

Paintcheck

And I have a problem with that too.

Turkey

Quote from: GodA figure of speech is a use of a word that diverges from its normal meaning, or a phrase with a specialized meaning not based on the literal meaning of the words in it such as a metaphor, simile, or personification. Figures of speech often provide emphasis, freshness of expression, or clarity. However, clarity may also suffer from their use, as any figure of speech introduces an ambiguity between literal and figurative interpretation. A figure of speech is sometimes called a rhetoric or a locution.

Example:
Quote- The main killers of the group, they do not waver when a gun is pointed at them, but instead knock the gun out of their attacker's hand, break their arm, dislocate their shoulder, and snap their neck
Find another way post criticism that doesn't involve flaming him.

/thread

Paintcheck

...Except for a figure of speech to work people have to realize it is a figure of speech. Most people thought he was serious.

Khorn

Well, SRP could be mistaken for Serious Role Play.

Sickness

Interesting, but I would suggest writing a deeper backstory for the faction.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Plunger

Plunger

Quote from: Zombiedance on 13-10-2010
The Smilodon's
Basic Group Info:
These mercenaries are well known
for their parkour and acrobatic abilities to climb, jump gaps, and utilize the environment to their advantage, but only the
more respected of the group were taught these abilities.

They've never had an issue with any factions, and after quite awhile they became friendly with the Duty faction, as they gave
out many missions to the group. They also often get jobs from the Ecologists, but they're not exactly always friendly with
them, or Freedom. They're not the nicest people around, and would not exactly rush to the aid of a STALKER being robbed, or
a Freedomer under attack from a Sucker, but would more likely speed up, to avoid being the Sucker's next meal for the day.
After being named the Smilodons, they created a group system very much like a pack of animals, based around the Alpha Dog,
which has worked for them for quite awhile, and will most likely continue to.
So basicly, you have to teach your semi-retarded members how to jump, and climb things, because clearly their experience level was to low to allow this.

And you meta/powergame that Duty, and Ecologists have to help you because it's in your backstory?

Recreas

Can agree with that, unless Duty and Eco agreed on it all.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Dug

Quote from: Recreas on 24-10-2010
Can agree with that, unless Duty and Eco agreed on it all.

I doubt they did.