The Scavengers

Started by ieatclowns, 03-03-2010

ieatclowns

"We are the Scavengers, a Loner clan that roams the wastelands known only as The Zone." -Oskar Durchunov, the Scavenger leader to an inquisitive passerby.

Who are the Scavengers and what are they about?

It was another typical day in the Zone. Bandits robbing STALKERS, and STALKERS falling as helpless pray. Not for long.. thought Oskar Durchunov on that fateful day. He decided to create the Scavengers, a crew of filthy, rotten, ugly, disgusting loners, sick of being picked on by others. Their motto? "Wrong one Scavenger, and you've wronged 'em all!"

The Scavengers believe that the poorer must share with the richer, and they make sure that is done. Scavengers make their home in and around the junkyard, watching over it for their next helpless victim. Should you be approached by a Scavenger, be on your best behaviour, because one minor slip could be the last thing you do.

Scavengers are not a clan open to just anyone, even after many STALKERs were accepted into the group, they were deemed unworthy and immediately mugged and murdered.

The Rat
The lowest form of Scavenger, the Rat is essentially the Scout of the group, sniffing around the ground and keeping their eyes on the horizon. Many Rats spend the most part of their time up on top the crane overlooking the junkyard, waiting to signal the others for their next ?feed?. It generally takes a few sessions of play with a Scavenger group for a Rat to be promoted to Dog. However, if a Rat shows an especially great interest in the clan, and does what they are told with no ifs or buts, they can very easily be promoted within a half hour.

The Dog
Pretty much the highest form of Scavenger open to ordinary STALKERS. The most glorious part of being a Dog, is the authority to tell the Rats what to do if they are without errand. (as long as the requests are within acceptable Role play parameters.) Dogs are the tougher, slightly more dangerous members of the Scavengers, and sometimes band off on their own if they must to hunt down their pray. However it should be known to Dogs that if they abuse their authority they will be demoted to Rat or possibly expelled from the brotherhood.

The Hyena
The vice-president of sorts, usually there is only one Hyena but it has been known that two have existed at one time. The hyena acts as the leader when the leader is not around, and is usually left to take care of the clan when the leader is busy or away. Hyenas are only ordered by the Wolf, and even then that does not happen often due to their stance and state of respect.
The Wolf
The leader of the clan is the Wolf. When any member (save the Hyena, usually.) speaks to the Wolf, they must start their sentence with Wolf, Leader or Sir. The Wolf is usually the battle planner, and chooses plans of action if prey is spotter. The Wolf is usually fairly laid back, and is portrayed as the kind of Leader who tried his best to equal himself among his group. Except for the Rats, of course. ? ? :P

Scavengers are known to take prisoners, and spit them out after using them as ?members? lower than Rats. So if ever you come by a group of Scavengers in the junkyard, keep your distance. (If you?re a loner, that is.)
The Scavengers lived this way for a long time, until the intervention of groups of veteran bandits. They often claimed the prey in the sights of clan members, and sometimes even seek their prey in members of the Scavengers themselves. For this reason, Scavengers are known to not be very friendly to bandits, and often attempt to target them if they are on their lonesome.

Apart from being outright thieves, Scavengers also do work as ?mercenaries? of sortrs, doing people dirty jobs for money. If you wish to hire a Scavenger, approach one with your weapon away, and on arrival say ?Peace brother, I am a friend.?, this is the official code of peace among Scavengers, useless only in the junkyard. (Scavengers usually only rob those that walk through the junkyard.)

NOTE: Do not even bother applying if you do not use proper grammar and have a good knowledge of the STALKER world.

Please copy, paste and fill out the application below and wait to be accepted or denied. Re-application may happen in three days after being denied.

[b]Out Of Character Information[/b]

Steam Friends Name:
How long have you been roleplaying on Garry's mod?
How long have you played on the |HGN| S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Roleplay Server?
Have you ever been kicked or banned? If so, why?
Will you uphold the laws and code of the Scavengers?

[b]In Character Information[/b]

Name:

Backstory: (2 Paragraph Minimum)

Unique abilities, if any:

Who is the Scavengers leader?
What do the Scavengers believe?
Will you obey those of higher stance than you in the Scavengers clan?
Do you agree to the rules of the server?

Scavenger Ranks

(Lowest to highest, new recruits start at 5. You will be contacted on your account on here or in-game if you are promoted.)

4. Rat- The new recruits of the clan. Will be sent to do the more tiring and less important work for the clan, for instance keeping watch from the crane or the like. Authority to: No member.

3. Dog- The middle-ish member, who has shown a satisfactory knowledge of the lore and beliefs of the Scavengers, and who has stayed loyal. Authority to: Rat.

2. Hyena- The highest rank available to a Scavengers member. Authority to: Dog, Rat.

1. Wolf- The Leader of the Scavengers clan. Authority to: all members.

Current members of the Scavengers clan:

Oskar Durchunov (Leader)

Good Luck with your applications.
"Fare thee well, traveller." -Oskar, to departing passerby.

Szenti

Its all fine, but add a bit more info, and i'll see if it worths a +Support-Or not. I suggest a bigger backstory for the group.

Dark Angel

Nice Group but "xScavangerx" Wait what?! Scav/Scavanger is fine. We don't have whole that xXx"Name Here"xXx IC!

+Support but you need to try harder. Greate idea but lack of info.

Tunddruff

Added to your app.

ieatclowns

Thankyou so much guys, I'm going to edit all the stuff right now. *OMGOSH* LoL this is cool, I never thought it would recive so much attention...

Chaosye

+Support
Looks good to me, but, like Szenti said, I'd add a bit more backstory about the group and leader.

Innokenti Katya

ieatclowns

Thanks, man. Will do.

Just a quick question, what is +Support?

Assassinator

It's giving support to the group, you need fifteen to become a group and have your own forum.

ieatclowns

Ah okay, so right now i've got 2/15 LoL

Szenti

+SupportI'm in happy mood now, and you added more info to it, its much better.

Zstan

+Support

And I never support anything..

Welek

+Support

More people to fuck up on my bandit yeyeyeye

ieatclowns

Thanks so much guys, 5/15. Thanks @ ZTAN especially for the comment 'And I never support anything', you're awesome, dude! (and mega thanks to all the other too, obviously!)

Chaosye

Szenti, you just gave this group two supports :P

It's still 5/15 supports, though.

Innokenti Katya

Hazza

+Support, nice im joining, other people really should too

ieatclowns

6/15 so that's cool. I'm gunna do some picture for it to put at the top, maybe that'll draw people in to apply lol.

Red_Wing

can everyone give support? or only admins?
Well.....WHO ATE ALL THE CHOCOLATE :@

[IMGhttp://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/380/379301/Stalker.PNG][/img]

ieatclowns

Quote from: Red_Wing on 31-03-2010
can everyone give support? or only admins?

Nah, anyone can. Just put it in green, my friend.

Red_Wing

+Support

its a cool group and is good for the community :D
Well.....WHO ATE ALL THE CHOCOLATE :@

[IMGhttp://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/380/379301/Stalker.PNG][/img]

Mrtasker

+Support!

Love the idea.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

ieatclowns

8/15, nearly there. Thanks dude, and thanks Tasker. (It's Newton, here.)

Bielecki

+Support

I like it, could get some nice Rp out of this.

Zen

+Support

I look forward to seeing you around and some Awesome roleplay!

Bucky

+Support

Seems like a great idea.

Vaux

+Support
Its a great group, Fair backstory 'n' all.
(Sorry if the color dont show, New to this forum stuff)