The Logs of Khorn Kvik

Started by Khorn, 12-04-2010

Khorn

These are the logs of 3 Stalkers that entered the zone. All for different reasons. I will update this thread with any updates to any of their logs.

The Logs of Torik, the Treasure Hunter
QuoteFlash-Drive inserted...
Contents are Loading Please Wait...
Messages uploaded, Open? Y/N

-Y
Messages Opening...

-PDA Message Title:The One and Only Zone
-Author:Torik

-Audio Message-
-Alright, I made it to the zone. I really hope to start raking in some cash soon. I'm gonna get so rich here. I know it!

-PDA Message Title:Asking Anyone

-Audio Message-
-I went around and asked everyone I could of and stashes or treasure caches. Most responded with a gun in my face. Some laughed, others mocked.
I'll show those assholes. When I get rich I will show them all how awesome I am...

-PDA Message Title:Treasure

-Audio Message-
-I just got word on a awesome treasure location. But the thing is, it's located in Pripyat...
Great, now for a fun adventure...

-PDA Message Title:Oh Man...

-Audio Message-
-Awesome shit here. I don't know how but, getting to the city was fucking easy man.
I literally walked right in. Though I keep hearing this buzzing in my head.
Also, where the fuck is that treasure?

-PDA Message Title:God Damn It

-Audio Message-
-That guy who gave me the coordinates was lying! Nothing is here but an empty box with a picture of some ass in it.
I'm so gonna kick his ass for this. And the buzzing is getting louder too. Shut up you stupid buzzing!

-PDA Message Title:Shut up!

-Audio Message-
-My head hurts. I can't find a way out. Monolith are chasing me. Please let me out!
I want to leave. I learned my lesson! I just want to leave the zone, please!
*Someone can be heard mumbling and praying in the background*

-PDA Message Title:Head pain

-Audio Message-
-.....................My head...........My head......
*Heavy breathing can be heard along with a sound of something hitting a wall*

-PDA Message Title::-BLANK-
-Author::-BLANK-

-Audio Message-
-mrgrggmrhhhggh

*A loud thud is heard in the background along with sound of something loud breathing*

Remaining Content is Corrupted
Auto-Reformat of Flash-Drive In-Progress...

Reformat Completed
Data Free on Flash-Drive [1.4GB/1.4GB]

Does this mark the end of Torik? Maybe he still wanders around though...

The Logs of Stovik Kvik, The Lost One
QuotePDA Connection Found Nearby
Do You wish to connect? Y/N

-Y
Connecting to PDA
Some files have been stored on PDA, do you wish to download?Y/N

-Y
Downloading......05%
............27%
............59%
............95%

Downloading Completed
Warning, Some Files May Be Corrupted

Load Messages? Y/N

-Y
Loading Messages....

-PDA Message Title:Entering the Zone
-Author:Stovik

-Message-
-Alright, I made it to the zone finally. This place is pretty shitty man. Wait until I tell my brother about this place.
Though it reminds me of the good all days of camping. Man I hope to finish this up quickly...

-PDA Message Title:Sneaking By

-Message-
-I plan to try to get to the NPP as quick as I can so I can learn what happens, I made a few friends and have been making good progress.
I feel like I'm getting real close to my answer I need. I hear there is worse trouble the closer you get to the NPP.

-PDA Message Title:Shit's Scary Dude

-Message-
-It just gets weirder and weirder...
I watched a group of the so called Monolith as the patrolled Pripyat, they are the only thing between me and the NPP.
I must get by without stirring too much up.

-PDA Message Title:Oh Man...

-Message-
-I don't know what it is, but my head hurts so much these past few days...
For the past few minutes I have been watching nothing but blue. Am I losing my vision or something?

-PDA Message Title:-BLANK-
-Author:-BLANK-

-Message-
-what am i doing? where am i going? why does it hurt so much........

-Message-
-*Silence*
help me
*More Silence*
please

-Message-
-*Silence*
Mrgghff
*Silence*
ahhhhhggrgrrgr
*An hour long silence*

*Static is heard the cut off instantly*

Remaining PDA Messages Are Corrupted

Attempting To Retrieve Latest messages....
Messages Received
Open?Y/N

-Y
Opening Latest Messages

-PDA Message Title:What Has Happened?
-Author:Stovik?

-Message-
-I don't know where I am... I just woke up in some unknown place...
Is this my PDA?
Is my name Stovik?
What has happen?
What does the last few messages mean?
I need help...
Connection to PDA Has Been Lost

The logs of Khorn Kvik, the Freedomer Finder
Quote-PDA Message Title:Entering the Zone
-Author:Khorn Kvik

-Message-
-I just arrived in the zone today. I had to buy my way with the use of these so-called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S.
The cost of the trip was a lot but if I find what I'm looking for, it will be worth it.
All I have left is about 300 rubles. I hope I don't need to much to survive in this so called Wilderness...

-PDA Message Title:Meeting fellow Loners

-Message-
-I have met some fellow 'loners' as they like to call themselves. They all seem to have a reason to enter the zone.
Most say for money and treasure, some for finding revenge, and even a few just coming here for fun.
If I was to place myself in a category it would be the category for looking for a personal 'friend'.
I was told that the Zone carries many deadly creatures. And said to always be sure to watch my back.
Last they told the worst creature in the zone was man itself...

-PDA Message Title:Learning about Factions

-Message-
-Apparently there are groups that fight over the Zone.
The Military that want to keep everyone out.
'Duty' which want's the zone destroyed.
'Freedom' that want the world to learn of the Zone.
Bandits that want to make a quick ruble or two.
Mercenaries which want to make money for anyone needing work.
'Monolith', the crazy cult group that worship the Zone.
Of course there are more sub-factions too, but then I be spending more time writing than about them then finding a place to sleep tonight.

-PDA Message Title:Bandits

-Message-
-The assholes are everywhere recently, for almost every loner I see, I spot two bandits mugging him.
I feel like I should help, but I got nothing to fight with when they got rifles. I feel best just to avoid and dark figures.
They really are assholes though...

-PDA Message Title:My First Rifle

-Message-
-I finally got a weapon today. And not through purchase. I don't know how, but I found a rifle stashed under a tree.
It's a bit banged up and no shells are near, but It has one left in the chamber. I'm glad for some protection, but hope I  don't need it.

-PDA Message Title:Money

-Message-
-Is a lot harder to come by around here. And is still used just like outside the zone. I was told to ask Duty or Freedom for jobs.
Even ask the occasional trader for jobs. I guess I will if I want more than one shell for my Toz.

-PDA Message Title:Guard Duty

-Message-
-I got a job from a trader named Yuri to guard is bar while he is in our sector of the Zone.
It's a good job, 100 ruble paycheck every now and then. I finally got a couple of boxes of shells.
The people outside though are starting to become suspicious...

-PDA Message Title:My First Kill

-Message-
-And it wasn't human. I killed my first Blood Sucker, or as I say 'Bloody', today.
Me and a fellow loner were ask to do a mission in the Red Forest and retrieve an Artifact inside. When we entered, the door locked us in.
And as the door locked we saw a bloody appear from the shadows. It first attacked me, but I blocked it with my gun which it ripped from my hands.
So I proceeded to attack it with my Knife while the other guy shot at it with his rifle.
Lucky for us we killed it before either of died. So then we returned with the artifact and was rewarded with 1000 rubles each.

-PDA Message Title:Back to Priorities

-Message-
-After a good week or two of making money, it's back to hunting for my friend.
I figure the only place he would go is to Freedom since his reason to going to the Zone is similar to their ideals.
So I figure I would join up with them and ask for any info. So now I have to join Freedom and get to know it's members for the next week.

-PDA Message Title:Weeks later...
-Author:Khorn

-Message-
-Ok a few weeks went by, but mainly I have to say, I got into Freedom. We moved to a new sector. Attacks every now and then. Controllers mainly apparently.
Got a new rifle from Seth and donated some cash to Freedom to help it along. Just the usual. Nothing new to report on the hunt though.
Gonna take awhile.
Over all, it's been crazy...

Khorn

Stovik Kvik, The Lost One
PDA Connection Found Nearby

-Y
Connecting to PDA

-Y
Downloading......55%
............90%

Downloading Completed
Load Messages? Y/N

-Y
Loading Messages....

-PDA Message Title: Starting Over

-Message-
-I have thought it over...
I plan to head back to Pripyat where a location was marked on this PDA. It shows nothing but a location in a building. Maybe I will find a lead onto my past life, or the life of the person who owned this PDA. It may be nothing, but it is a start.

-PDA Message Title: Heading On Out

-Message-
-I have got up all my gear and told The Shaken I will be taking an extended absence from the group. I don't know if I will return, but maybe I will find something that can shed light on this problem. I won't report until I get to the location... I don't need to be distracted by logging everyday.
Apparently the PDA's owner didn't want to mark every day either...
This marks as a pause in Stovik's actions in the current Sector

Khorn Kvik, The Freedom Finder
-PDA Message Title: Delays

-Message-
- Well, lately I haven't been able to keep up logs due to being busy. I decided I'll try to keep monthly logs at least. Simple recaps on what happens each month. I'll start it tomorrow.

-PDA Message Title: 1st Month Log

-Message-
-Promoted to Fighter in Freedom. Got a new rifle from Seth. Swapped from my Frooty Armor to Regular Freedom Armor. Help take down an Eco Goose hated. Dealt with Loners and others coming to the base. Kept watch and all that.

And most importantly, got nothing done on finding my Brother...

Fuck man, I'm gonna completely forget to find him. He is the reason I'm here and when I get him, I'm out of here.

Khorn

-PDA Message Title: Stovik's Location?

-Message-
-I finally found some info on Stovik! I was checking through my PDA and a had a random message that was broadcasted to anyone. And it was written by "Stovik?"
Said something about Pripyat...
Also, people in Freedom have become 'emotional', so I said fuck it and left.
I left a message for Tyr, if he ever gets it.
I probably won't come back...
Oh well, doubt the will notice that I left.

This marks as a pause in Khorn's actions in the current Sector

Flash

(( I love your stories Khorn there so interesting to read in some way they make my day no matter how terrible it is. Thank you for some more addons wish I had a creative mind like you .))

Khorn

-PDA Message Title: Getting through Pripyat

-Message-
- Lost my medkit though, hope it doesn't matter too much. Damn creatures of the night...
Other then the fact my arm is hurting like hell, I feel great that I might finally be able to finish my quest and find Stovik.
As for returning, I don't like the how the outcome looks.

-PDA Message Title: Getting Tougher

-Message-
- It is a lot tougher getting through then I thought, but I made it. I'm getting closer to the last know location of Stovik.
It was somewhere in the buildings near the ferris wheel in Pripyat. I can see the wheel, heading slowly toward it.
I'm gonna keep quiet until I know I'm safe. I should be done in a couple of hours.

Hours and hours of inching by everything that moves will be extremely fun...

Khorn

Stovik Kvik, The Lost One

-Y
Connecting to PDA

-Y
Downloading......55%
............90%

Downloading Completed
Load Messages? Y/N

-Y
Loading Messages....

-PDA Message Title: The Stash
-Author: Stovik's Killer?

-Message-
- I got in after a 4 hour wait. I made it to the room up ontop of the building and broke into it. I found the stash. And a room setup for two.
A few rifles rusted to worthless metal, some stale rations, mapsof Pripyat, binoculars, and a sleeping bag on a burnt out couch.
I also found a heavy and locked box, large lock on it, no key nearby. Except for my rifle...
Do I dare shoot it open and alert those outside? Do I take the chance to find part of my life?

Of course I will. The feeling of being nothing, feels worse then being dead. I rather learn something about me and die then live a shell of the man I was...

-PDA Message Title: The Lock Box
-Author: Stovik?

-Message-
- I busted the box open, I found what I was looking for. The building is getting swarmed.

The box contained a photograph along with other random shit. But the photograph shows me in it! Along with what I believe is my brother.
The card reads on the back '10/14/2005 [Something] Stovik, Happy 33rd Birthday Stovik. You still owe your little brother for you know what... Sincerly, Khorn.
This proves that I must be Stovik, I for once in so long feel something other then nothing. I actually feel like I have something to return to outside the zone.
First thing I do is get the hell out of here, I will go find my brother and we will hunt again together. I hope he doesn't hate me or anything.
And I wonder what is the thing I owe him?

Doesn't matter because I'm com-
*Footsteps can be heard running nearby and slowing down*
*Muffled voices can be heard*

*Silence takes over*

*A few footsteps are heard approaching very slowly*

*Suddenly shots are fired extremely close by as foot steps are head all about*

*A continous battle is heard on from the message as gunfire is continues to pour out of your PDA's speakers*
*Suddenly you hear like something was dropped as footsteps run away and slowly return with more gunfire*

*You hear someone or something yelling out as footsteps get louder and louder when all the sudden-*
*CRACK*

Bagelz

Khorn

-PDA Message Title: I found it.

-Message-
- I found the location of the signal, I found a stash, and I found a body...
I can't tell who it is though... His face is all crushed, like if something stepped on him. I can't find any indication or PDA of who this is.
Either it's Stovik after being robbed, or it's an unlucky Loner that got caught in his hideout. Even though this dampens my spirits, I plan to stay for a bit longer until I'm certain he won't show up.
First I  need to remove this body, it smells horrible and probably attract mutants...

-PDA Message Title: Gunfire?

-Message-
- I just heard a battle raging on nearby, I can't tell who is fighting but it's multiple people. I  want to go see if Stovik is part of it, but I don't want to risk my life to watch a Loner get shot.
I'm torn inside... I'm not sure what to do... Every moment I wait here is one more moment Stovik may be dying. I don't want to leave unless I'm sure of what is happening...

-PDA Message Title: I may not make it...

-Message-
- I tried to see what happened, and was shot by someone. I don't know who shot or where they are, but I can hear foot steps in the building coming closer.
They are coming up to get me! I know it.

To everyone in Freedom, I probably won't make it back. Good bye Tyr, Seth, Goose, Nikki, Tom, and those I yet to meet.
Maybe I will see Viktor and tell him how you all are doing.
*A door can be heard bursting open followed by in-distinctive shouting*
See you guys la...
*Gunfire is heard in the background*

*The PDA's connection disappears*

Connection to the PDA's message has been lost
Please contact your PDA's manufacture for info on how to remedy this problem

Please tell us if this info has been found useful
Please select Y/N

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, The Remaining
Subject: My Return
Author: Khorn
Message: I finally made it back from my surprisingly-NOT-suicide-mission.
I honestly did not feel like I would have returned... I'm alive, yet I don't know if it was worth it...

*Silence takes over for a bit*

The pain from the wounds inflicted on me are mostly subdued by the morphine and of course the 'smoke'...
Though the remaining pain will probably last until my dying breath, I hope none of you had to go through with what happened...
It is most unbearable...

I wonder now though, with what I should do though, I have no arm remaining.
Holding a rifle will be difficult, firing it will be impossible.
And I can't really lift much. Really, what should I do? It's highly unlikely to get a prosthetic out here.

I mean it's hard enough to open a bottle of fucking vodka now! Pitiful, no?

Oh well, I guess it's 'A Farewell to Arms' then...
I got bigger things to dwell upon.

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, The Remaining
Subject: Stovik's Location
Message: Since I got back I have been dwelling on what has happen with me and Stovik...

It didn't end the way I planned...

*A long pause*

Stovik is dead...
I blame myself for his death. I'm not sure what happen.
One moment I'm preparing for monolith to break into the room, next thing I know I'm tackling my brother to the ground.

I can't believe that I mistook him for a monolith... After being stunned from realizing who I just attacked, I get shot by the fanatics that were chasing Stovik. Stovik punched me away and took off, and I chased.

He must have thought I too was a crazed man vying for his blood.
When I finally caught up to him, I grabbed his shoulder yelling his name to make him know it was me, that we were finally reunited as the only Kvik Family left...

*Another long pause*

What a horrible mistake that was...

Stovik came to a halt to face me and I swear was about to say only what I can imagine was "Brother?", before one of the crazy fuckers popped out of a nearby room and blasted my arm away with him.

I was so close, I finally found him, but I stopped him right in front of a shotgun...

I saw my older brother torn to shreds from pellets, from only a few feet away.
I can still feel his blood covering me. I will never be able to wash it off. I stopped my brother, I set him up for his death.
I should have never entered the zone. He could have been still alive, maybe even coming home soon...

The shotgun wielder though, he got unlucky enough to have only shot my left arm off, so I raised my right and filled his face with lead. After that, all I could do was sit and wait.

Too bad no one else came after me, I kinda just wanted to die on the spot. But the damn blowouts made the monofags retreat.

In the end, I wrapped myself up in a crudely manner, then I left with the remains I have left of Stovik and I...

Where I go now is unknown, maybe stay with Freedom, maybe die off somewhere...

Who cares...

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, The Last Kvik Left
Subject: Photo
Author: Khorn Kvik

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, The Double Armed Man
Subject: I'm Armed and Not Ready
Author: Khorn Kvik
Message: I'm no longer Mr Stumps or whatever shit you guys can cook up. I got an arm today, weird feeling for sure.

I suppose physically I'm a complete person now. But other then that, I haven't feltthe same since Stovik died. I feel like something is amiss and what happen couldn't have been what really happened...
I have mixed feelings on what to do...

But...
Even though I got an arm, I'm still not used to the way it works so I'm not gonna be ready for anything soon.

Hopefully I can 'hand'le this thing better then the last one.
I hope to also hang to this one longer too.

So no more pirate either.

Also, has anyone else noticed the number of traders passing through Freedom's bar? I swear they swap every few hours.

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, The One-Armed Man
Subject: Armless Again
Message: Shit just keeps raining. Not even one damn month and the arm breaks. Those mother fuckers from the Military just had to be assholes.

I mean, really, who pushes random people off buildings, drags them to a checkpoint, beat them with their own bloody prosthetic arm, then release them with a good amount of money?

I guess they got tired of beating each other off.

Oh well, worse shit has happen to me. Now that I hear Leo shot up Matthias and see him dragged away some days later, makes me wonder, should I even bother getting a new arm?

And what's this I hear about a baby? I heard of it before, but know one wants to tell me anything. I'm so fucking confused, first a child, then some crazy trader wants it, then shit falls apart.

Oh and what the hell happen to Nikki? I hear she died, then she returns like nothing happened.

I wonder, could Stovik come back too?

Khorn

-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-
PDA Connection Found Ne-
PDA Connection lost

Do You wish to con-
PDA Connection lost

-Y

Connecting to PD-
PDA Connection lost

-Y
Some files have been stored on PDA, do you wish to dow-
PDA Connection lost

-Y
-Y
-Y
-Y
-Y

Some files have been stored on PDA, do you wish to download? Y/N

-Y
-Y
-Y
-Y
Downloading......22%

Download interrupted.
PDA Connection lost

-N
Disconnected

Partial Message Found, Load? Y/N

Partial Message Found, Load? Y/N

-Y
Loading Messages....

-PDA Message Title: -ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-
-Author: -ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-

-Message-
-Where are you? Come on back, don't you want to see me again? Isn't that why you came out here? To fin-
-ERROR-

File is corrupted. Delete? Y/N

-N

File has been stored.

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, The Confused One
Subject: Odd messages
Message: I've been receiving messages that don't make a bit of sense.

Who is this? Anyone mind telling who the hell is sending off messages? And I can't seem to decode the messages because they are so corrupted. I keep losing connection to the PDA I get the messages from.

Every single message is riddled with errors and I can't find the location its coming from.

If this is a joke from you Leo, I'm gonna kick your ass through your head...

Khorn

The Real St-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-k

-Y

Some files have been stored on PDA, do you wish to dow-
PDA Connection lost

-Y
Downloading......22%
Downloading......56%
Downloading......99%

Download completed.

Load Message? Y/N

-Y
Loading Messages....

-PDA Message Title: -ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-
-Author: -ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-

-Message-
Don't I still owe you something? Why not stop by and get it? Just come back to me and you'll find it.
Mom and Dad are still waiting for your return. Come on Khorn, don't you find your brother Stovik?

I'm right here, still waiting...

File has been stored.

Khorn

Torik, The Tortured One

The day for our old friend Torik has come to an unfinished end.
His tragic life ended by the hands of the man known as Marko Kiel Drubich, an Ecologist.

The sun comes up over a hill, revealing it's shafts of light upon the Zone. In the distance a lone wandered lumbers about an old broken down bus. As we get close we realize this man is no longer operating in our world, but is nothing more the a corpse wandering, doomed to an eternity of pain and suffering.
Cause, you ask?
Who knows...
Only this man that suffers such agony knows what has happened, but it is forever trapped and sealed up in his tragic and broken mind.

Even as hours pass by, the man still wanders the bus, as if looking for a lost object under the seat. Every hour he turns and heads to one end of the bus, only to stand still and mumble to himself only words he will ever remember.
"Treasure..."

"Treasure..."

He repeats his steps and rambles this phrase for as long as he can. Uncaring to the age that evolves outside the bus. He is on a trip to a location that will never show up. A bus that will never depart. And a mind never to be freed from.

Eventually his shambles bring attention to those that pass by, even though most pass by without a single thought about why he waits on a bus that will never move. An Ecologist fresh into the Hell we call home, becomes interested in our sad little comrade. So he enlist the help of a man thought to be mad, and most likely is, to capture the only passenger left on the bus. Pulling Torik away from the place he wished to get to, but never shall.

Dragged further and further away from the only thing keeping Torik shuffling, he is brought and thrown into a cell in an undisclosed location. A place where test subjects are brought to play with. A place where suffering is intensified, just to learn what it means so others can learn it. A place where no hope exist for Torik to reach the end of his agonizing journey through Hell and back.

As for Marco and Matthias, they are in for deepening tale of what lies in the corner of Torik's splitting mind. For they do not know what nightmares Torik has encountered or what nightmare he has become. As we all think, Torik has become a vision of pure Hell, a thing we all wish to avoid, a place that brings no end to pain and misery. Torik lives inside a Hell while his corpse inhabits another living Hell.
Most men would wish nothing of the sort upon their worst enemies. None can withstand the thought of being what Torik has formed into.

A Hell within Hell.

All our poor friend Marko wanted, was a simple lab test done. Understand what befalls a man turned blind in their mind's eye. See what can be gained from his pain. Then dispose of it. But what they found was a tale of more suffering then they could stand. A painful tale of how their life is a Paradise in a land they study. A bullet would be a kind ending to their life, maybe even fitting for them. A death in a vortex would be like a vacation compared to what Torik feels everyday. What they experience may become the most haunting memory of their short lives.

Torik's last memories of life are nothing short of surprising. Anyone caught adventuring into Pripyat are generally marked for death. Only so many return, and only a few with their minds intact. At least for Torik, his last moments of being a man can be spread amongst others, unlike most who go unheard of.

Only Matthias and Marko will remember what truly happened to Torik during their encounter. They may believe what they did in the end was for the best. Perhaps they were right, maybe death is the only way to escape Torik's Hell.

They can only hope the message gets out, to Torik's wife...

Khorn

Here is a more in-depth story. It starts right after Marko traps Torik and both he and Matthias surround him

It all began with a single muttered word, coming from a bloodied mouth attached to Torik.
"Stalker...."
"Stalker...."
This sudden word causes excitement from Marko, but disgust from Matthias. Matthias demands that the creature at his heel to be shot and disposed of. But Marko is entranced
by the way Torik repeats phrases.

"Lying...Stalkers!" yells Torik as Matthias attempts to hold him in place
"Yea, yea... Stalkers lied" chuckles Matthias "Did one of them back stab you, or something?"
"Trea...." mutters Torik. "Treasure..."
"Treasure... Cache!", "Treasure!" Torik mumbles loudly at the onlookers.
"What? What treasure cache?" says Matthias as he kicks Torik in the face. "Tell me, where is it!".

"Stop trying to kill! I need it to study with" Says Marko as he studies Torik as he receives another kick to the head.
Disappointed by his methods of extraction, Matthias reveals an artifact know as a 'Flash' to Torik in hopes of dredging up memories of this so called 'cache'. His technique may work wonders for bringing light to the surface of Torik's past life, but which memories that are released are nothing more than simple fear.
"Controller!"
"Controller!" screams Torik, as he envisions himself at the last moments of his life. Viewing nothing more than pain engulfing his mind and slowly turning him blind to our world.

"Contro..." Torik says as he is interrupted by a kick by Matthias. "Damn zombies..."

As they surround Torik they hear a beep coming from his satchel, they take a peek, and surprised to see a working PDA still holding together but slowly dying from dead batteries.
"Hurry, tie him up and drag him back to base with me. We don't have much time left to diddle-dawdle around here. And this PDA may contain something on his life!" Orders Marko as he stuffs the PDA away and helps to grab Torik.

They then proceed to disappear with Torik in their wake, filled with hopes of learning new secrets of the zone. And receiving new nightmares held tightly by the zone.
"Let's just lock him up and wait until he revives himself from, your 'helpful' ways" tell Marko to Matthias as they toss him into the cell.

"I still think we should put it down, isn't worth much anyways." Says Matthias.
"Ridiculous! He is worth so much more ali-" halts Marko as he sees Torik twitch back to life, awaken back to his life in Hell's Hell. "Good he is back amongst us, prep the table up, we have work."
"Back amongst us? He looks like shit, and smells worse. I bet he wished he was dead" Matthias complains out loud as he reaches to open the cell door.

"Treasure..." mutters Torik again. "Artifacts....Cache"
"What's this now?  Artifact Cache?" asks Matthias, more intrigued than ever. "Maybe if you tell me now, I'll let you die a quick and probably painless death."
"Artifact..." mumbles Torik. "Are..."
"Yes, yes. Go on and say where!" exclaims Matthias with upmost excitement.
"Cache is...." Says Torik weakly as he mumbles the rest. "Mrgmhgh..."
"What did he say?" asked Marko as he put down his gear.
"I don't know, maybe he ha..." stops Matthias "Check his PDA for info on it, maybe we can retrieve this cache."

Marko realizing he still has Torik's PDA pulls it out and plugs it in hoping to charge it enough to read what may exist on it. "Just wait a few minutes, may take a bit to charge."
In the time they wait, they ponder what Torik has done, to get here in his condition. "So... Zombie, what is your name?" Asks Matthias.

"Stalkers....Treasure!....Liars!" mutters Torik to Matthias. "Liars!"
"I got that earlier from you, come on and say something of use!" says Matthias, getting frustrated.
"Liars!....Torik!...Lied..." exclaims Torik.
"Torik, eh? Never heard of you, I can see why though. Unlucky bastard." Says Matthias feeling slightly guilty.

"Alright, the PDA has enough juice to power on, now let's see what this thing has stored." Chirps Marko as he starts to tap away at the crusty PDA. "A few logs... most recent is about a month ago."
Together, Matthias and Marko read up on the only journals Torik kept. A few short and simple messages detailing how Torik came to the zone looking for treasure. How he was lied to, and how he ended up a changed creature.

"I must say... this is rather... distressing, let's just shoot him now and let him pass on. His life ain't worth living like this." Ask Matthias, feeling like he is no better than those that lied to Torik.
"Hold on... check this out, it's a message and a photo. From 'Outside Source', author 'The Outsider'". States Marko as he motions Matthias to come over and listen to the audio message and view the picture.

"Torik, please come back... We all miss you so very much, I know you left trying to make some money, but it isn't going to help. I sold the house... Please come back, we can live elsewhere! I don't mind... I just... want you back, I feel so lonely without you by my side... The children, they don't believe they will ever see you again... I can't keep lying to them that you will return... Please, make our wish come true, and return. You don't need to sacrifice yourself like this........... I really miss you Torik."

Silence takes over the room as both Marko and Matthias try to imagine what went so wrong for Torik. Where did his life turn the wrong way. Did he really come out here to make some money for his family to live off? Did he-

"Krystal!" yells Torik. "She....outside!"
At that moment Matthias pulls out his pistol and runs over to the cell, intent on putting Torik down for good.
"Hold on Stalker!" yells Marko "Don't shoot him, I still need him!"
"No! This is wrong! Just kill him now!" Screams Matthias as Marko runs over to push the gun away.
"This is mad! Why are you feeling anything for him now? Early you kicked it's head in. Why do you care now?" questions Marko.
"I lost my brother to this shit... And it reminds too much of whom these people really are. " states Matthias, lowering his gun. "They don't deserve this. No one does."
"You know, you aren't the only one to lose someone to the Zone. I.... lost my wife..." Marko says, holding back.

"Can you really do this then? What if this was your wife? Would you study her?" demands Matthias, looking intently at Marko "Is that what you want?"
Marko then begins to shake his head "You're right, I wouldn't. But before he put him down... Lets' at least try to inform.... Uh..... Krystal, what's happen,  and tell who will not make it home..."

"Right... Right... But we can't be so brash about it like this. Got any info on her location?" asks Matthias.
"Only thing I found was a call back number for the audio message. Here..." says Marko as he slowly repeats a number to Matthias. "Just don't beat around the bush, give it straight..."
For what seemed like an eternity, Matthias and Marko await for the phone line to pick up. After only a few seconds, a man answers the phone.

"Hello?" asked the man.
"H...Hello, sir" gulps Matthias "Can I speak to Krystal?"
"Krystal... Who?" asks the man as Matthias' face turns white.
"Oh wait... Krystal, sound familiar, sure. I've seen her once." Chirps the man as Matthias almost loses balance from the blood rushing back into his head.
"Ca...Can I talk to her?" asks Matthias, ready for another dreadful answer.
"Well sure, but it costs some money to send out messages." Tells the man. "I'm trying to run a business here."
"Oh right..." says Matthias weakly as Marko wipes his face down annoyingly. "Well I guess a message will do, can you write it down?"
"Only if you got the money for it." Tells the man again.
"I got enough, sure" says Matthias

"Well I'm ready when you are..." explains the man as you can hear a pencil and paper being set up. "Talk away my good man."
"Uh... Dear Krystal, I regret to inform you of Torik's Demise..." Matthias says, almost tearing up.
"Demise, you say?" says the man on the line "Been awhile since I got a message from someone caring about another man's death."

"Yea... well, let's keep moving along." says Matthias "Write 'I'm sorry for your tragic loss, Torik was found dead, how he died was... uh, holding his PDA with your photo on it... Yea..'"
"Ok then... Anything else?" asks the man.
"Tell her that I, Marko Kiel Drubich, an Ecologist in the Zone, have much regret to inform you also that Torik has been found dead while in Pripyat, cause, unknown at this moment." says Marko

"Pripyat you say? My, my, you boys in there are sure mad..." chuckles the man. "I hear that the military is supposed to have the place locked up real tight, like a fresh hooker in the streets of London. And by that, I mean it's real loose. Since we all know, military suck at anything out here and in there."
Both Marko and Matthias try to chuckle weakly at the joke.
"Be sure to write that Torik still loves Krystal..." asks Matthias.

Right after Krystal's name is said, Torik opens his blank eyes wide and starts to envision her. "Krystal! Krystal!" Screams Torik, as he reaches through the cell at Marko.
"Sounds like someone really like Krystal... Wait, who it that?" questions the man.
"That would be what remains of Torik... But please, just tell Krystal he is dead, it's for the best" explains Marko.
"Ok then... I won't say, you guys do what you want, I just need the money wired to me." the man states. "Oh, and do you have a location to find Krystal at?"

After hearing this Matthias almost passes out as the blood again just pours out of his face, turning him a deathly pale color.
"You're shitting me! You don't know where she is?" yells Marko. "Don't you keep contacts with these people."
"Now look here, bub. I do keep contact,... if I can. But this chick,... she came in about a month ago, begged me to send a message for her, then disappeared again." the man angrily explains "She told me she had no contact place left. Told me, she was moving back home, to whatever. Some other country."

"God damnit! Well, could you find her at all?" begs  Marko. "Do you have anyone who could track her and deliver the message?"
"I do, but they usually ask for quite a nice sum of money for finding people" reveals the man. "Do you have enough to cover their part of the job?"
As quickly as he can Matthias gets up and asks  into the speaker "Yes, I can cover, how much is it?"

"Well, now... Come to think of it, 'they' always wanted to see an artifact" states the man. "Bring me some of those, ok?"
Angrily, Marko yells into the speaker, "Are you kidding me? We can't just send artifacts to you, we need them for research!"
"Well, then I guess Krystal doesn't need her message" the man says as he laughs quietly. "Nice talking to you guys, buh-bye now."

"Hold on! Hold, I got one I can send! Tell me where to send it" Matthias cries loudly trying to catch the man's attention.
"I got a man, you can send it to..." say the man. "His name is Strevon... Give it to him, he will know what to do from there, and if I don't get it, Krystal's message never gets further then my fire place. Got it?"
"Alright, I understand." Matthias says weakly as he looks at his only artifact he has to spare. "Where can I find him?"
"That's easy, try the bars" the man says as he chuckling. "He's always getting drunk. And also, remember the deal..."

Matthias gulps as he thinks the deal over. "Alright... Goodbye."
"Good bye now. Oh, and have a pleasant day." the man says as cheerful as he can and suddenly hangs up.
"Well shit... This better be worth it, stalker..." asks Marko.
"It is, and you can call me Matt..." explains Matthias.
"The name is Marko..." finishes Marko. "You look like hell, go and get rest."
"Yea, you're right... Seeya..." Says Matthias groggily as he leaves the room.

"Torik... just you and mean now..." Says Marko as he walks over to the cell. "I hope the message can get through for you, but it may not..."
Marko opens the gate as Torik attempts to stand. "It's time for you to leave..." Marko says sadly.
Torik stands up and starts to reach out for Marko "Krystal..."
"That's right, Krystal is still waiting for you, that is why you must leave us." Says Marko as he raises his pistol. "Good bye, Torik..."
Torik starts to shuffle closer to Marko as he repeats Krystal's name over and over.

"Krysta-" it the last thing Torik manages to say, before Marko pulls the trigger, offering a bullet through Torik's head. Ending whatever life Torik had remaining. If it ends his torment, no one will ever know. Perhaps Marko and Matthias did this to make themselves feel better, maybe they truly thought they helped.

Maybe they were the ones lost in Hell... And this was their retribution...

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, Loner, Loner, Loner!
-PDA Message Title: Lonering It Up

-Message-
- Feels odd being a Loner again after all that crap. Too many issues in Freedom, I'm just gonna sit back and watch the fireworks. At some point, they will kill each other.

I need to start checking up on those damn messages too. I got my head up in the pot clouds still, I think. Whatever, odd shit, no need to dwell on the past crap.

Stovik, Stovik, Stovik. What shit did you do to drag me back into that Hell man. If you are somehow oddly alive, I'm gonna punch you.

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, On The Move
-PDA Message Title: Getting Ready

-Message-
- About to get ready so I can move on. Got to find out what these messages are about. Need to find a place first to setup. I think the gas station in the factory yard will do. Just hope the monos don't catch wind of me being here.

Other then that, I'm basically ready to ge-
*Heavy foot steps can be heard*
Oh shit...
*A door is heard smashed open*
This isn't lookin-

PDA Connection lost

Khorn

Initiative 'Kvik', Heretics Everywhere
-PDA Message Title: The Heretics
-Author:Initiative 'Kvik'

-Message-
- The mighty Monolith have fallen to the grasps of those dirty Heretics. My brothers are dying around me. I can not find the Preachers. No one is leading us to fend off the bastards that defile our land.

I have seen some of my brothers end their life quickly. They have no faith left in the Glorious Monolith. If I had any bullets left, I would incapacitate them. Their betrayal should be brought forward, they should be punished! I will not give in to the weakness that festers in these low life. I am ashamed to call them my brothers...

Initiative 'Kvik', Connection Reset?
-PDA Message Title: The Truth
-Author:Initiative 'Kvik'

-Message-
- It has become harder to concentrate on murdering and torturing the damned. I have begun to lose my way. I can feel my connection slip away. I have to  return North. I can no longer stay around here. I will not be able to hold out any longer.

I fear if I stay, I will lose my faith. I will no longer want to help the all knowing Monolith. The ever Glorious Monolith.

I will leave when I can. Heretic Patrols have become worse now that we have died out. I feel as if I should drop my gear, but that would be shameful and I do not wish to become equals with those 'cowards'.

I will return...

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, For Lost Time
-PDA Message Title: Got the time?

-Message-
- Trying to figure out what happen. Everything is quite the hazing story. Even my PDA was wiped down to my last entry that seemed pretty damn long ago. Feels like watching a TV show and the antenna goes out. After an hour of working at fixing it, you see that the show is half over and wonder, what the fuck did I miss.

That is where I am right now. Not sure if I care though. I'm still in one piece. Except for that damn arm of mine.

Other then that, simple day. Found my way back to Freedom, met some of the guys I remember, learned that some have left. And witness another crazy fight with some guy with magic powers stuffed up his ass.

Freedom seems to be always caught up in some crazy shit. Goose got his ass handed to him by shrapnel. While I got my hand shrapnel by an explosion. Caught my face again a bit. Burns like a bitch but I had worse crap slap me in the face. And after the whole crazy shit fight, I stitched up Goose. As it seems he always gets pounded during those fights.

Turkey

Nothing about me robbing you? Q.Q

Khorn

You was killed faster then those dogs that spawned near Freedom.

Khorn

Khorn Kvik, For Even More Lost Time
-PDA Message Title: How long??

-Message-
- It's been some time since I last bothered to check my journals. Been bumming about the zone. Drifting from places to places.
Occasionally I'll stop by Freedom and see what's new. The faces I recall are slowly dwindling and being replaced by foolish expressions on fresh rookies.

Though, recently a path opened up in the swamp to an old derelict ship. I figure I'll make it my home for now. It's sturdy and seems lively for the most part. A trader comes and goes every now and then so I'm bound to run into someone. Maybe I won't be such a Loner. Play my guitar and drink in silence.

I still wander a bit outside the boat, thinking of my past. I don't have really anything to do anymore. The people I used to call family are long since dead, or have vanished completely from everyone's mind. Sometimes I wonder if those people I actually enjoyed being around were real.

So many faces and names blend into the past. Some, blown away into the wind, the same way Stovik went. I'm not entirely sure what to do with the remaining time I have. I don't have an interest to fight with or against the Zone. But I don't wish to just outright die, yet at least.

Met a few people in the boat that had similar pasts as me. Two ex Freedom Leaders. Both who seem like they would rather never return to Freedom. I don't blame them either. They seem to have been here for quite some time compared to most people. Had a small celebration of the good times. Though timing was just peachy, after losing balance and blurring my vision in the depths of vodka, a blowout stirred up.

Being drunk, in a ship, in a blowout, in the zone, does not mix well. I couldn't tell which way was up and which way was real. It was quite the experience. Some other stalker had even less of an exciting time drinking with us. She was quite the light weight drinker. So tossed her onto one of the free cots in the back to let her calm down.

Oh lastly, the guard for the traders in the ship is just terrible. We got attacked multiple times and he never fired a shot off. I, in my drunken state, did better. Got some binoculars out of the bandits, but honestly, the device is a lousy piece of crap that somehow makes some bullshit noises that just attract all sorts of shit.

Khorn is out, for now.