The HGN Stalker Roleplay Advertisement Initiative

Started by Locke, 01-10-2009

Locke

We are currently trying to bring more people for all of you to roleplay with,  and with your help it can be accomplished.

To simplify, in places other than HGN use HGN based signatures of banners to attract people to us.

People involved so far are:

Jackal
Locke
Keyfoot
Szentii

If you wish to help out post content in this thread.

I just remade this thread because the other one went to hell,

Jackal, if you want to expand on this idea go ahead.

Zarrick

====================================

mcjamesv

perhaps you could hyperlink (think its called) so that when you click on it it brings you to the website :x

Steel

Well as Locke said about the banners, thats only the start, the idea is to expand on that, not just fan videos or anything, my idea is to actually do an advertisment video, of about 30-60 seconds of professional quality. Im going to be writing to a few people, major contacts of mine, to help with even further popularity of HGN.

If you have any ideas of advertisment at all, post it here.
But take note that its not to be anything to do with spamming other communities.
Official advertisment.

Zarrick

Banners are the beginning!

My banner shall lead HGN D:<

Then we shall become a Major Political party, and gain leadership of a country

Then teach them the ways of Ess are pee :V

Then we shall have a large c0mmoonity.

Nah joke, but this is just the beginning =o

mcjamesv

Alright heres an idea for a video:

Show a group of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S. heading into that side passage (the one going from S1 to S2) to look for an artifact. For about 10 seconds have them getting deeper and deeper into the place.

Than Flip the camera maybe 100 ft forward to the next passage to show they have a small group of bloodsuckers awaiting them. (HAVE THE BS's CLOAK)

Than from there add "tearing, blood gorging sound effects", while the camera shows nothing but a wall.

Than to finish the video off show blood all over the walls and the bodies of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S being dragged into the shadows.

I hope this is somewhat clear, I has a cold and kinda picked up the idea on the spot

Steel

Well my initial idea for it is not a scene, but more or less an all around thing!
But good idea none the less.

mcjamesv

If your looking for an all around thing do my idea above, just make it faster and fit it into about 20 seconds, than when the Bs's cloak. Set the camera going up to find a battle between DUTY and FREEDOM. Add a few explosions than show the bodies from the battle, than flip back down to find the BS's dragging the bodies away.

nothing really more to show :/ I mean if I was a viewer, I wouldnt want to watch people type out what they feel. Show some of the more big interactive things of the RP

Steel

LOl course not, just suggest things, and everything will be put into work at some point, soon.

deluxulous

I'll help. I know my way around a Photoshop.

Locke

I'll work on something good when I get back, it might not be ready for a while since I'm making several and sicne they're going to be high quality.

Goose

In doing so much advertisement your bascily inviting troller's and minges to come fuk around you will hardly get any decent players and if this dose work and the server fills up often most of our trusted players in the comunity wouldnt be able to get in.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

keyfoot

obviously, trolls and minges will be banned on sight...

Steel

Im not being funny but trusted players always leave, its the fact of a roleplay community... im sure if silver sees so much high demand in a server, he will expand the player count or possibly add a new server, its called expansion goose.

keyfoot

exactly, one a minge server, for trusted in training? and one for trusted only, to get trusted, must apply? such as for TT?

Steel

Well the idea of an advertising campaign is we target the correct type of people. So hopefully the minges will be at a minimum

Dark Angel

About vid.

Group idea was good but bloodsucker part sucked because as you know our cloak currently suck by the effect.

I would suggest that instead of Bloodsuckers there will be bandit outpost.

keyfoot

Well. make our adverts and previews inspire people, if you manage that, even minges try to be unmingy and enjoy correctly

Steel

Ill let you in on a few ideas at some point...
Basically im going to take some quotes etc from clear sky.

keyfoot

where are you going without a gun stalker!

Steel

The all famous "Get out of here stalker" :P

keyfoot

the all famous "OMGz!!! What is he doing to the poor radioative dog! O_O"

Goose

~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Moordact

I could help , i don't suck at photoshop i guess... not that i'm active on many other gmod forums though..
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

Locke

Whipped this up quickly, expect more soon