The 'Fad' is back.

Started by Steel, 15-01-2010

Steel

ITS BACK.

'Lolmerc'.
They are again swarming the server!
People in rookie outfits with "merc" in their title.
People becoming self proclaimed "Freelance" Mercs with 'merc' in their titles, begging for jobs!

Oh god what has it come to! Again!

Szenti

Unholy jesus. This is the end. Lolmercs will overtake server... :G

Dark Angel

Those merc-wannabees are annoying. Mercs don't beg for jobs.... usually stalkers ask for a job. Mercs are hired.

Steel

Quote from: Dark Angel on 15-01-2010
Those merc-wannabees are annoying. Mercs don't beg for jobs.... usually stalkers ask for a job. Mercs are hired.

Exactly, a job gets broadcasted, it should be for loners, then 'Mercs' Rush for it, leaving the loners out in the dark.

keyfoot

some of the lolmercs might be from Chernobyl Shadows Merc Group, bust most members have managed to save enough money to buy merc suits though.

Steel

Quote from: keyfoot on 15-01-2010
some of the lolmercs might be from Chernobyl Shadows Merc Group, bust most members have managed to save enough money to buy merc suits though.

Thats "SOME", when you go on next have a look at the people not in actual merc groups, and watch them beg you for jobs.

Silver Knight

What needs to happen is some "Merc Faction" needs to happen.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Steel

Quote from: Last.Exile on 15-01-2010

Well i know gane is back on his BR.
And we got sickness with CS. Its just persuading people to join etc

Nikolaz72

Not just that.. People need to be able to produce Passive RP to join those groups..

Begging for jobs to buy guns is like 10% of it.
Text Cyric the Archmage.

Steel

Quote from: Nikolaz72 on 15-01-2010
Not just that.. People need to be able to produce Passive RP to join those groups..

Begging for jobs to buy guns is like 10% of it.

Well, to my knowledge, mercs are to be hired, not begging for jobs.
but, a big gun and an epic suit isnt part of it.

Dark Angel

Weren't CS Bandit factions?

About:
Quote from: Last.Exile on 15-01-2010

How is it possible if you Little Elf don't want to allower Offical Bandit Faction , Loner Faction , Clear Sky and so on! You don't like the idea of making another faction flag so you decide to ignore it >:V

P.S Sorry if it's too rude.

Welshy

Spy be sappin my sentry!.... I mean..... Lolmercs be sappin my jobs! (too much tf2 lately)

Yeh, we should do somthing about people slapping "Merc" into their title just because they think it gets them jobs quicker. Maybe restrict people to those who wear mercs suits / in a merc faction?

I am Soldier - Play Free Online Games

deluxulous

Tyson and Rios are the REAL mercs 'round here.

The lolmerc horde needs to be controlled, contained, and exterminated.

With extreme prejudice.

(I.E. what Welshy said.)

Dark Angel

Forbid title "Merc" unless in a merc group or ignore those minges?

Strelok Holmes

Then what should we be doing with the lol-bandits?

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Assassinator

Anyone can be an "lol-bandit". It's just a loner who decided to begin robbing people who will not live long.

Cutch

Ahem... I've been saving this up for a while...

"Lolmercs" and regular mercs are the same friggin thing. ANYONE CAN BE A MERC! The definition is a professional soldier hired by a foreign army, as opposed to a soldier enlisted in the armed forces of the sovereign state of which he is a citizen. He takes part in armed conflict on many different scales, and is "motivated to take part in the hostilities essentially by the desire for private gain and, in fact, is promised, by or on behalf of a party to the conflict, material compensation substantially in excess of that promised or paid to combatants of similar ranks and functions in the armed forces of that Party"

According to this definition a STALKER is a merc in several occasions, seeing as how they often take missions to fight against a faction or group in exchange purely for personal gain.

With Lolbandits, its really the same case; any person with a gun can rob a person, and therefor a bandit. Its just a gamble of who has the bigger gun or bigger group.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Plunger

This is just a retarded derogatory term. The suit doesn't make the man, the man makes the suit.

Fluffy

Serious merc group with passive RP, right here.

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/pending/russian-spetnaz-forces-%2755th-pheonix-fire%27/

Btw, If you need I can supply jobs for the wannabes and you guys as well.

Assassinator

Spetsnaz are a Military Force, lol.

Dutch

I hate any sort of merc. With a passion.
All these stalker mercs are on the highest of my list.

And when I say "lolmerc" I mean ANYONE with a stalker flag who is claiming to be a merc. This is pretty much all of Chernobyl Shadows (not dissing the faction or anything).

I personally believe that stalkers should be stalkers. THEY SHOULD NOT PRETEND TO BE BANDITS OR MERCS. Get the god damned flag before you proclaim yourself as one. (coming from a guy won't donate, BUT I HAS A REASON, I just hate paypal)
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

lolKieck

lolmercs were outnumbering the server back in redemption, the same with lolbandits.
Sadly no one wants to play as loner since they prefer guns and suits rather than passive RP in a rookie jacket.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Fluffy

Quote from: lolKieck on 16-01-2010
lolmercs were outnumbering the server back in redemption, the same with lolbandits.
Sadly no one wants to play as loner since they prefer guns and suits rather than passive RP in a rookie jacket.

This is very true, But don't worry, its like a swarm of locusts, they come and go.

Esther

The phrase is enough to make me lqtm. (laugh quietly to myself.) They will eventualy pass after they are shunned.

Tom

My Favorite is when a "lolbandit" whips out a Makarov and says "Gives me all your moneezez" Or when an 'lolmerc" buys a makarov and thinks they can fight off people with AK's and such. it makes me chuckle somethimes.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22