The 'Fad' is back.

Started by Steel, 15-01-2010

Dug

I had people walk up to me with a makarov and attempts to rob me after which I would respond with my spas 12 and they would give me money and their gun ...

Genesis

As long as they have the Merc suit, I don't mind em.

Steel

Quote from: Genesis on 20-01-2010

No people need to learn to act like mercs.

Assassinator

Quote from: The Jackal on 22-01-2010
Quote from: Genesis on 20-01-2010

No people need to learn to act like mercs.

/thread

That's it.

Zarrick

My god I cant believe this term is still being used, Yay Lolmerc users, also I have come to realise, however, the people that would rather not buy Sunrise suits because of the simple fact that it dosnt give armour at all, why save up MORE money to buy a Sunrise suit that, yes does make you look like a stalker, but rather pay less and get a suit that not only gives you armour, but is cheaper. If I am EVER to hire a merc, I will look at the qaulity of there titles, there suit, and weapon, and RPing skills. I'll ask them a question or two and based on punctuation and public knowledge of that said person I would then make my decision on who I'd pick for a job.

However a bigger weapon, and a higher grade Mercenary suit, and being a Mercenary faction member does add points to your "Merc" level, but if you RP like a Dark RPer, I'm afraid the person with the lesser equipment would get the job for the simple fact I'd rather not be paying "Minges" or "Lolmercs that got lucky" when they may infact DM tghe taret, were as I can be proud of my moneys spent and hear of how well the situation was role-played with the yes, lesser equipped mercenary but a better reputation will become of that Merc, and me. Remember, Mercing is srs bsns.

To be very honest with you I think there should be a Job board and an IC Forum, Notice boards in common areas, like "The Bar". Just somewhere to put notes and job openings, this could also help newer people in getting equipement and rubbles aswell as creating role-play for all in general, and helping people gain contacts. Overall it'd have more postive than negative effects, infact I dont think it'd even have any negative effects at all.

NOW I DO BELIEVE /thread.
====================================

Assassinator

You used to be the biggest "lolmerc" basher, what happened? You secretly an lolmerc now? :O?!

Zarrick

Nope, I've just learned to not bash newer players, we were all new once and I know what it feels like to be bashed and called a "Noob" =o

Tom

Quote from: Zarrick on 22-01-2010
Nope, I've just learned to not bash newer players, we were all new once and I know what it feels like to be bashed and called a "Noob" =o

I dont think were bashing new players, I think were bashing players that throw "Merc" in their title and constantly ask "You want to hires me, i has a makarov"
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Assassinator

With scope attachments.

+

=

Sickness

I have noticed over my time in HGN.. Last year I had CS as a Loner group. I noticed lots of new loners. Then I made CS a bandit group, I noticed lots of bandits and people started to complain that they're too many bandits so I closed my group. Now CS is a merc group, and guess what.. There's a shitload of mercs now.. And i'm not closing the group this time.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Locke

Scoped Makarov, AKA the "Bloodsucker Destroyer"

Steel

Quote from: Sickness on 26-01-2010
I have noticed over my time in HGN.. Last year I had CS as a Loner group. I noticed lots of new loners. Then I made CS a bandit group, I noticed lots of bandits and people started to complain that they're too many bandits so I closed my group. Now CS is a merc group, and guess what.. There's a shitload of mercs now.. And i'm not closing the group this time.

You want to know the real reason?
Because alot of people are donating.

KillSlim

Quote from: Sickness on 26-01-2010

You're not a trend setter. If you want the real reason, go and look at the Donator roster and notice how much it has grown.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Steel

Its like me saying theres so much loners due to my group: Not true, its all the new donators.

Sickness

I hoped you guys found out my sarcasm in my post.. Guess not..

Celtic

Quote from: Sickness on 27-01-2010
I hoped you guys found out my sarcasm in my post.. Guess not..
It's a shame it's hard to find sarcasm in words.

Sickness

Indeed it is.. :p

Locke

The upside, lots of people are donating.

The downside, we admins have to keep a watch to make sure no one abooses.

Welek

I just shoot mercs in the face.

Personal Beef bro.

Duranblackraven

I pretty much agree with the thread, and yeah maybe 'merc' should only be for those that actually either get the flag (donate) or get into a group (ye it be the CS or BR...or wtfever merc group may be out there.). But yeah I also agree on the RP skills, I'd rather have an under equipped lolmerc on the job then some group merc in an exo and with a groza that just walks up and guns the target down, then calls in an air strike before returning for pay.

Aresty

I'm being called a LOLmerc, Cause I go around in a Merc Suit, And I ask for a job. But If I go without meh merc suit, And I ask for a job, I'm a simple loner.

Hotstarr

Quote from: Aresty on 06-02-2010
I'm being called a LOLmerc, Cause I go around in a Merc Suit, And I ask for a job. But If I go without meh merc suit, And I ask for a job, I'm a simple loner.

Because you don't have the flag.

Genesis

I think he should be respected as a Mercenary if he has earned a Merc suit. =/.

Hotstarr

Quote from: Genesis on 11-02-2010
I think he should be respected as a Mercenary if he has earned a Merc suit. =/.

The suit does fucking nothing. And it should stay that way.

Genesis

Mmkay, just sayin.