Suggestions for new ruleset

Started by ThY, 23-04-2011

ThY

I'm updating and reviewing Controller and Zombie rule sets by popular demand.
Please post suggestions regarding the planned updates.
You should think of the following when posting

• Remember this is a role play server
  • Will it be canon?
  • Will it fix any current issues or conflicts?
  • Will it maximize opportunities for enjoyable role play?
  • Will it be fair to both parties in the role play?

lolKieck

Since zombies don't get loot back, and it's REALLY hard for them to get loot after no-GR death, I'd suggest that weapons and ammo are GR for zombies, rest are not.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

mikeywrenn

The controllers' psi-field should be a toggle swep, that they can choose to turn on and off, that would although them to actually become part of a role-play scenario without people having their screens fucked up.

Aside from that:
Zombies:
-Able to speak a small amount, but slurred and non-sensical.
-Bad aim, no hit past a distance of around twenty metres.
-No planned attacks; At best you can be within a few metres of another zombie, but heading in different directions.
-Melee: Don't go there, you're a zombie and you can barely direct yourself to turn around.
-Hostility; If it's not another mutant, attack the damn thing until either you or it are dead (Unless they run away)
-Movement; No running. Slow, misdirected movements. Sometimes allow for tripping and falling.
-Ladders; Depending on canon, but I've never seen a zombie use a ladder, so no.
-Clothing; Most likely torn quite a bit, not very effective.
-Taking bullets; You can't take many bullets, although you will not have to role-play the pain aspect as much as a human. You may reach for the wound as a reaction, but none of the crying and trying to bandage it up.
-Hiding; You don't take cover, don't be silly.
-Depending upon you class, you may be granted the ability to wear high-graded gear, such as faction-wear, Exo-skeletons and SKATs. (Would be extremely rare and would require strict monitoring, possibly not worth the hassle)
-Ability to comprehend; Although you can reload you weapon, you still cannot understand what is done or said around you. This means that you cannot become a 'friendly' zombie or regain your former self.
-Looting; According to the wikia, Zombified Stalkers in CoP actually loot and pick up weapons that are better than their current. Not sure whether this would be allowed within role-play.

Controllers:
-No heading into populated areas, stay in places that you'd be scared to be in as a S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
-Pain; If you're taking heavy damage then you RETREAT.
-Attempts to control other mutants or animal; Can be done if you have a great reason for such and if the other player agrees. Most likely to be administrated.
-Mind tricks; Controllers may possibly trick players into thinking they are else-where.
-Mind bolts; These are the 'things' that are sent to the mind of the victim, in order to make him do something for believe something.

That's all I can think of for now..
(I'll keep editing this if I think of anything)
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

lolKieck

Quote from: Mikeywrennyou cannot become a 'friendly' zombie or regain your former self.
Actually, by using Lifewater or some other artifact, you can become your former self, and when your master (let's say a controller) gets killed, you are no longer in it's control, so you are capable of walking around aimlessly and ignoring stalkers.
The info was taken from Dark Angel's information from the STALKER books.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Duranblackraven

The books give you a much better explaination of the zombies than STALKER game mechanics do. To zombies the world doesn't seem any different, though to them they can be running, to stalkers they're actually stumbling or crawling slowly. They CAN try and communicate, but get agitated so fast to the point they just start shooting anyway. A lot of the things Wrenn suggested seems to take AWAY from Role-play instead of actually promote it. When I read AAAAALLLLL those rule suggestions Zombies go from being another player to just a player driven AI meant for nothing but shooting, yelling, and dieing. Also on the note of zombie coordination, I've been flanked by the fuckers in game.

Solid

Quote from: mikeywrenn on 23-04-2011
The controllers' psi-field should be a toggle swep, that they can choose to turn on and off, that would although them to actually become part of a role-play scenario without people having their screens fucked up.

Aside from that:
Zombies:
-Able to speak a small amount, but slurred and non-sensical.
-Bad aim, no hit past a distance of around twenty metres.
-No planned attacks; At best you can be within a few metres of another zombie, but heading in different directions.
-Melee: Don't go there, you're a zombie and you can barely direct yourself to turn around.
-Hostility; If it's not another mutant, attack the damn thing until either you or it are dead (Unless they run away)
-Movement; No running. Slow, misdirected movements. Sometimes allow for tripping and falling.
-Ladders; Depending on canon, but I've never seen a zombie use a ladder, so no.
-Clothing; Most likely torn quite a bit, not very effective.
-Taking bullets; You can't take many bullets, although you will not have to role-play the pain aspect as much as a human. You may reach for the wound as a reaction, but none of the crying and trying to bandage it up.
-Hiding; You don't take cover, don't be silly.
-Depending upon you class, you may be granted the ability to wear high-graded gear, such as faction-wear, Exo-skeletons and SKATs. (Would be extremely rare and would require strict monitoring, possibly not worth the hassle)
-Ability to comprehend; Although you can reload you weapon, you still cannot understand what is done or said around you. This means that you cannot become a 'friendly' zombie or regain your former self.
-Looting; According to the wikia, Zombified Stalkers in CoP actually loot and pick up weapons that are better than their current. Not sure whether this would be allowed within role-play.

Controllers:
-No heading into populated areas, stay in places that you'd be scared to be in as a S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
-Pain; If you're taking heavy damage then you RETREAT.
-Attempts to control other mutants or animal; Can be done if you have a great reason for such and if the other player agrees. Most likely to be administrated.
-Mind tricks; Controllers may possibly trick players into thinking they are else-where.
-Mind bolts; These are the 'things' that are sent to the mind of the victim, in order to make him do something for believe something.

That's all I can think of for now..
(I'll keep editing this if I think of anything)

This is actually pretty good, we should go with this.
"Good luck with your application and have a nice cowbell!"

Bielecki

Maybe you could try to convince Exile to lower the donator status for the zombie, we never see them because it's far too much money for a pretty useless flag.

mikeywrenn

Everything I said is basically prompts for people to base things on. I'm not exactly one hundred percent on half the things I said, but they may spark of a better idea in someone else's mind.
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Ylsid

I think zombies need to be able to take loads of rounds before dying. It's kind of non-canonical, but it does give them a bit of a chance.

Steven :D

Baiting = You can chase after said person anywhere. Is what I suggest. I'm tired of people firing a makarov round at you then running to apparent 'Safety'

Visari

Quote from: Steven :D on 26-04-2011
Baiting = You can chase after said person anywhere. Is what I suggest. I'm tired of people firing a makarov round at you then running to apparent 'Safety'
funny gifs

Steven :D

Also, if people decide to take long-range potshots at a mutant using a sniper, then have it so they can attack a base if people are dumb enough to shoot at a mutant that is not really attacking anyone.

Khorn

Yea, it is kinda annoying when people shoot you, run to a base and then proclaim safety in OOC. Hasn't happen to me yet, but you should get the general idea of it.

We should be allowed to attack bases, especially when 9 out of 10 players are in the bar. While 1 player is a mutant.

But if we do attack a base, prepare to be murdered by stalkers.

Visari

Quote from: Khorn on 26-04-2011
Yea, it is kinda annoying when people shoot you, run to a base and then proclaim safety in OOC. Hasn't happen to me yet, but you should get the general idea of it.

We should be allowed to attack bases, especially when 9 out of 10 players are in the bar. While 1 player is a mutant.

But if we do attack a base, prepare to be murdered by stalkers.

Well, that'd make it unsafe anywhere. I mean, if you get shot and they run into a safe haven, then you I believe you should be be able to still kill them. But, if we could just attack them, that would defeat the purpose of a base/safe haven. The best I could think of is just making bloodsucker noises outside their base if they didn't do anything to aggrivate the mutant from outside the base and run back inside.
funny gifs

Khorn

In the actual game, or if this was some how real life, a base wouldn't do much to keep most mutants out.