Stupid filters.

Started by Wazer Wifle, 30-08-2009

Wazer Wifle

For some reason, we can't say "quite" among other stupid things that end up eating your sentences, why is this?

Dutch

I think it's because the console sees it as a command, or something. I realize that all console commands do this.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

OjManchow

Wazer Wifle

Locke

you cant say bind either, annoying.

Wellington

Quote from: Locke on 30-08-2009
you cant say bind either, annoying.
Yeah, but how often would you need to say "bind"? lol

Locke

I say it in OOC when teaching noobs how to put their gun up so they can shoot you.

Wazer Wifle

Quote from: Wellington on 30-08-2009

That isn't the point.

Wellington

Quote from: Wazer Wifle on 30-08-2009
Quote from: Wellington on 30-08-2009

That isn't the point.
Yeah I know that isn't the point, and I'm sure it's annoying. I see what you mean about OOC Locke...

Moss

Well.../me Went to bind the door with the rope so it is Unopenable

Moss--it has the charm of a creeping tune~Even in darkness it still grows.

Why do I love Moss?

I have been asked this question many times. Unfortunately, their is not one easy answer that I can give you.

KillSlim

How does that work? Anyway, I just use alternative words, or if it's completely necessary I put an ! in place of the letter I in those words.

Quite : Rather / Indeed / Slightly
Bind: Tie / Rope / Lash /
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Locke

I roleplay a british man named Charles sometimes, and I like to use the word quite. Once I spent like five minutes typing something very deep only to have it filtered D:

QBiT

This sometimes gets on my nervers, support.

Dutch

I roleplay a british man named Charles sometimes, and I like to use the word quite. Once I spent like five minutes typing something very deep only to have it filtered D:
If you open up the console, you see it say "blah blah blah text here is an invalid command!"
So your stuff isn't completely lost.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

Wazer Wifle

Right so, could you just, fix it?

Cortez Faggot

As far as I know IC chat is what you typed and turned into a command (I.E. rp_voice hellobrother; say Hello brother. Say being the command to have IC chat) and then put onto the text box, so saying anything command related makes it think that your attempting a command. So I don't think its fixable

Locke

Good explanation Slender D: