Strange graphic bug with new map...

Started by Strelok Holmes, 29-08-2009

Strelok Holmes

Well, i've been walking around all over the map and..  this happened. Any idea on how to fix it?

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Wazer Wifle

Never happened to me. Maybe its just your computer?

Strelok Holmes

Well, i solved it. The content pack was conflicting somehow with the old. So i did a reinstall of garrys mod, with the deletion of the Garrys mod folder.

Dutch

Oh god you know what that sort of looks like?

Have any of you guys played the old Mechwarrior games?
Looks like that.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

Strelok Holmes

Well seems something new is happening, sweet jesus help me!

Cobra

Quote from: Coletrain on 30-08-2009
Well seems something new is happening, sweet jesus help me!

Your Graphics cards V-Ram is fucked go RMA it or buy a new one.

Cortez Faggot

Why don't you diagnose first instead of just saying "borken buy a new grafiex card" I had something of the sort happen in Dead space. I just had to reinstall, or it could be his drivers and loads of other shit.

Dutch

Now it looks like one of those old VR games. Sweet.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

Strelok Holmes

Quote from: Dutch on 30-08-2009
Now it looks like one of those old VR games. Sweet.
You're not helping in the slightest!

Locke

If it doesnt happen anywhere else, It is either your drivers or the game files.

If it happens to all your games, its your drivers.

QBiT

Your graphics card is artifacting, have you overclocked it? It might be that it going on high temp. Try updating your drivers or cleaning your pc from inside

Strelok Holmes

It happens only on this map, i've used the atit tool to check my Geforce 6600 (Yes, its a relic but it still can get decent FPS on directX 10 games!) ran it for 11 minutes and nothing was wrong with it.

KillSlim

Did you say you fixed? If not you could update the graphics drivers and / or clear out your garrysmod folder.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Strelok Holmes

Eh, i deleted the Garrysmod folder and reinstalled four times already. The damn thing keeps happening at times, i updated the geforce from their site thou... Hrm, i'll try to find updates for the drivers.

KillSlim

I had a similar problem, the graphics would fuck up, but it was fixed after I restarted Gmod.
It happened because there was so much stuff to render in the map, maybe it's time to update your card?
Turns out mine was over heating.

Edit: This screenie was taken around a year ago on a friend's build server, since then I've had extensive cooling measures installed.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Strelok Holmes

Mines might be overheating due to the pwnage of the map. Guess i'll have to fix the fan to blow on the card better... Then again, i should really get the air hose and dust the sucker off!

KillSlim

Or get epic cooling. Like mine!

2 x 120MM fans.
3 x 82MM fan.
1 x Dual PCI slot extractor fan.
Copper slugs fitted to graphics card.

Case overview.

Graphics card, dual PCI slot extraction fan. (The fan was cheap, and it gets 60 CFM with no noise!)

Strelok Holmes

Well, it helped out abit but i've found out.. Theres something in the Garbage thats doing this, seeing as it happens every time i'm there...

And in truth, i think we might be twins :? But i dont have the blue light anymore, forgot why i removed it.

Moss

Try Re-Downloading the map? It may have been something wrong with the Download.
Moss--it has the charm of a creeping tune~Even in darkness it still grows.

Why do I love Moss?

I have been asked this question many times. Unfortunately, their is not one easy answer that I can give you.

Strelok Holmes

...If i reinstalled Garrysmod, then havnt i already "re-download" the map.

KillSlim

Quote from: Coletrain on 31-08-2009
...If i reinstalled Garrysmod, then havnt i already "re-download" the map.
If it was already on your computer, and you just re-extracted it to your maps folder, then no.

Cobra

Hey guys dusting out your computers sure does help!

Cobra

Quote from: Slender Man on 30-08-2009
Why don't you diagnose first instead of just saying "borken buy a new grafiex card" I had something of the sort happen in Dead space. I just had to reinstall, or it could be his drivers and loads of other shit.
I had the same problem or I wouldn't of said anything.  And don't say new cards work so far I got THREE Rma'd 9800 GT's and they were all defective so don't tell me about Broken New GPU.

Double post :V

Seph491

I've been having about the same problem.My guess is it might have something to do with HDR lighting but I don't know.Try turning it off and go around the map checking and if it is then you might know what the problem is.