Straighten Up, Guys.

Started by deluxulous, 18-07-2009

Plunger

Quote from: TankMan on 27-07-2009
you better straighten up or someones gonna ban you

Don't make threats.

deluxulous

Quote from: zero628 on 25-07-2009
Get a moderater to sticky then, and stop posting.

you and what army?

Bu-bu buh buh bump.

Dutch

I believe we all need to straighten up.

The admin team as a whole is pretty much shit right now, so many people got TA for no reason. Good admins however, lose their adminship. The bad admins (I wouldn't dare to name anyone, I'd get banned in two seconds) are praised and worshiped because there's nothing the players can do, if they speak out they'll get banned or some other actions will be taken. I, however, am going to take this risk, because I'm on the verge of leaving anyways.

A friend of mine (some of you probably know who) was a good admin, but his admin got removed for shit reasons. Last time I checked there's no rule against or for refunds, and he only gave refunds when there was proof or he trusted the person. He did what he thought was best for the community, and since his admin is gone, he's taking a hiatus from HGN until it gets its shit back together.

I've been here for a month: not a terribly long time, but I feel I've seen HGN at it's best.
But also, the worst. Right now HGN is defiantly at it's worst. I applied for the dev team, but I took my application down because after the whole admin ordeal, I decided I didn't want to have anything to do with it. I'm disgusted by what I see, guys.

I feel like Mr. Tea might have done some of this. His recent arrival sparked much angst in the community, such as his whole hate on Sharrock thing (I kinda agree, Sharrock is a faggot most of the time). He constantly bitched at Devster for "trusting the players too much" and repeatedly compared us to sheep. But, oddly enough, I find Mr. Tea is on my side now. I consider him a friend,  since he got his admin removed too. Mr. Tea is a strange man, very quick to change ideals, but I'm glad he's on my side. Mr. Tea, if you're reading this, please don't take offense. I hated you at first, but I always saw where you were coming from, and now I guess things have changed a bit and oddly enough we're decent acquaintances.

Now, the TA deal. I feel most of them got it prematurely. PistolKid deserved it, but I feel Plunger didn't at all. Plunger apparently played back... in the 50's or something, anyways he took a break (for fifty years) and is now back. And he's a TA. He's been back for like, a week or two at most. I believe that if you take a long break, you should pretty much be considered a new player when you come back. So much has changed, Plunger. I don't think you're a bad person or anything, not at all. I just feel you're not a good admin. You go around like you have all this authority (as visible in this thread) and police everyone around. But you seem to forget: You're just a TA. You've had admin for about a week. I don't think that's enough time to allow you to let it get to your head that suddenly you have the power to parade us players around like livestock.

Everyone in my circle of friends agrees with me, HGN needs to be reformed. And I feel no better time than now to speak out about it. I'm not saying "get rid of the TA's" or anything like that. I mean reform. I mean, I want you guys to stop acting so elite. I mean, I even think some of the higher admins should be demoted. But, like I said earlier, I'm not going to name their names.

And with that, I could be saying goodbye. Maybe if the admins follow my critique and actually fix the administration, I will stay. But at the way it is now, I don't want to consider myself part of a community who will murder one of their own because a higher up says so.

Edit: also, longer post than first post ahoooy

Oh, and I haven't even mention all the suck ups. Oh man there's so many of those.

also, inb4 shitstorm
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

deluxulous

Plunger

I played up until May when I left because of SniperHunter for a while. I only missed a month and not much has changed. No player wipes, No map changes, and other such stuff. I originally joined the same date as Akira and he is a normal admin now so I've been around for an adequate time.

A new player is someone who hasn't played the game before, if I was a new player I would not know any commands or other such, which I do.

Finally a rebuttal to the last remark. Everyone knows I've always acted like I do know, asking everyone about everything.

If by policing in this thread you mean TankMan then you didn't read his post. He is clearly sarcasm trolling...

Dutch

Quote from: Plunger on 02-08-2009
I played up until May when I left because of SniperHunter for a while. I only missed a month and not much has changed. No player wipes, No map changes, and other such stuff. I originally joined the same date as Akira and he is a normal admin now so I've been around for an adequate time.

A new player is someone who hasn't played the game before, if I was a new player I would not know any commands or other such, which I do.

Finally a rebuttal to the last remark. Everyone knows I've always acted like I do know, asking everyone about everything.

If by policing in this thread you mean TankMan then you didn't read his post. He is clearly sarcasm trolling...

Oh, my bad. I thought you stopped playing for a bunch of months, and I didn't read TankMan's post. Hmm...

Maybe you're admin material, I dunno. You haven't really been admin long enough to provide evidence for one way or another.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

Tunddruff

I agree with Pistol. BASICLY The ENTIRE admin team (cept a few) dont treat it as a job but more as a privileged, this is entirely wrong. I see someone get admin and think, who in the fuck is this person.

HGN need to be reformed into a democrasy instead of a Communism, or dictatorship. People really have no say in WHAT goes on!! Admins are not asked who should/shouldnt get admin. Who should be given position, etc.

The entire idea that people get promoted when ever they feel like it.

FOR INSTANCE, I got my admin back at the start of June, I got BA at like July 15th, Yet some people get BA in like 2-3 weeks.

Then there is the apparent TEACHER of admins, Nitro, I dont even think he is fit for TA let alone OSA, that should be more for someone who IS on the server and DOES watch the admin team. IT this kind of amateurism that makes me want to leave HGN

Deet

Quote from: Tunddruff on 02-08-2009
I agree with Pistol. BASICLY The ENTIRE admin team (cept a few) dont treat it as a job but more as a privileged with is entirely wrong. I see someone get admin and think, who in the fuck is this person.

HGN need to be reformed into a democrasy instead of a Communism, or dictatorship. People really have no say in WHAT goes on!! Admins are not asked who should/shouldnt get admin. Who should be given position, etc.

The entire idea that people get promoted when ever they feel like it.

FOR INSTANCE, I got my admin back at the start of June, I got BA at like July 15th, Yet some people get BA in like 2-3 weeks.

Then there is the apparent TEACHER of admins, Nitro, I dont even think he is fit for TA let alone OSA, that should be more for someone who IS on the server and DOES watch the admin team. IT this kind of amateurism that makes me want to leave HGN
I agree. To add on to that, people are leaving left and right because of what HGN has become. When I joined there were tons of people, but I'm finding that a lot of members want to leave. All the e-drama aside, HGN needs to straighten up.

Dutch

I decided that I'm going to stick it through and hopefully see HGN a better community in the end.

(basically I'm not leaving is what I'm saying)

deluxulous

Im staying until this thing implodes.

Or i get banned

whichever comes first :V

nofearkid

Don't worry much longer guys. The section of HGN a few of us are working tirelessly on will be up soon. It's going to be totally seperate of STALKER and HGN's current administration. It's being run a whole new way. Please just stick it out a bit longer. You'll be rewarded. The failures currently in the administration are being kept as far away as possible. The people currently in the know about this section are raving over it, and are anxious to play. Just hang on guys, change is coming.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
-Confucius

deluxulous

come help a nigger get elected

Dutch

ffff beat me to it