STM = FLAME

Started by jojo346, 12-02-2010

jojo346

Shoot to miss? really!?!?!? i can understand no aiming correctly to delay the fights, but i mean if i have a clear shot on someone, im gonna take it! then hes gonna complain "WELL I GOT KILLED BY A GUY WHO ACCUALLY AIMED HIS GUN AND SHOT ME BLAH BLAH BLAH" STM is just a stupid rule, if you want to make battles long, decrease accuacy of the guns and not up to the players to decide how they aim. And i also heard snipers arn't allowed to shoot directly at people...WHATT!?!?! there SNIPERS, they HAVE to aim, they can't spray and hope to hit someone! Anyway, in conclusion, this servers great, i have alot of fun with it, but PLEASE GOD PLEASE take out the STM rule and replace it with inaccurate guns, it would save us all alot of headaches.

P.S. If you lose a gun, you shouldn't get refunds, thats just stupid.

Goose

i think alot of us understand that but instead of take it out i would like to see an increase of STRP instead of straight STk or STM
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Ravanger

this isnt css stk..Also i agree on returns but i think people should get refunds from lost stuff in inventory that get looted but guns and items out are plunder. Also stm far distance works out and stk close range and can we stop with all this edrama please we had enough in the server also you dont need to put this in dev area.

Szenti

Wrong topic.
When you die or lose your gun you don't get refunds.
And STK = Rage, Flame, DM, etc.
So be happy with STM.

Flaming_Vortex

AI could respond in a more proper way but, what you are saying is in flame format.I could agree if this was not flame.

Plunger

Quote from: jojo346 on 12-02-2010
Shoot to miss? really!?!?!? i can understand no aiming correctly to delay the fights, but i mean if i have a clear shot on someone, im gonna take it! then hes gonna complain "WELL I GOT KILLED BY A GUY WHO ACCUALLY AIMED HIS GUN AND SHOT ME BLAH BLAH BLAH" STM is just a stupid rule, if you want to make battles long, decrease accuacy of the guns and not up to the players to decide how they aim. And i also heard snipers arn't allowed to shoot directly at people...WHATT!?!?! there SNIPERS, they HAVE to aim, they can't spray and hope to hit someone! Anyway, in conclusion, this servers great, i have alot of fun with it, but PLEASE GOD PLEASE take out the STM rule and replace it with inaccurate guns, it would save us all alot of headaches.

P.S. If you lose a gun, you shouldn't get refunds, thats just stupid.
Please go die immediately for this hypocritical post..

Dark Angel

Quote from: Goose on 12-02-2010
i think alot of us understand that but instead of take it out i would like to see an increase of STRP instead of straight STk or STM

STRP is my term! >:V

Aresty

Seriously, This is an RP server, Not a CS:S one.

swacko

I think STM works out fine. Now that dicerolls have been implemented, powergaming is easily avoidable....telling eachother what they rolled when they are at distance could work, as long as påeople are mature enough to be honest..also, STRP works too, but it may lead to more flaming and QQ'ing than STM. However my last experience with STRP was quite good(Radek knows what Im talkinabout). The only thing I can add that's really negative with STM is the confusion that is bound to occur when STM or STRP is in effect, causing many conversations where two sides go "No u".

I like the system where guns are returned after STK, since STK doesent really add the realism to firefights as most of us want. STM actually gives time to type and making actions that requires detailed /me's possible, such as medic roleplay.

That is all.

Sniper3124

STM is only a stupid rule because nobody wants to accept that there getting hit (Monolith >:O) and nobody RP's an injury when they do get hit they just "LOLWALKITOFF" and keep on firing, not to mention the ammo you go trough in one of these "Firefights" is absurd and with the new ammo system nobody can afford it.

STK is appropriate most of the time anyway, its only when people try to break into a Military base with a weapon on them that they bitch. So if you font feel like loosing your weapon, dont do anything that could risk you loosing it and stop being a butthurt.

STRP is the best thing to use but, like STM nobody wants to accept that there loosing and when they get hit they either keep running (In a chase scenario) or "LOLWALKITOFF" again. So once people can learn to either accept the consequences for a stupid action that can risk them of loosing a weapon, or learn to atleast RP injury during STRP we should use STK and everyone should stop bitching.

OrangeReal

To me, STRP and STM is what I like....I hate rolling combat while bloodsucker...I will always loose :(
SRP
Arthur 'Night' Hutchinson - ALIVE
Anne 'Savior' Gerris - ALIVE
Coroner - ALIVE
'Crazed' - ALIVE

kisftw

STRP is impossible, especially for slow typers like me. You are contineously getting shot at, so how the hell are you supposed to stop and type?

OrangeReal

Hmm..I thought STRP was STK and STM but you miss the shot shots and then you can kill.
SRP
Arthur 'Night' Hutchinson - ALIVE
Anne 'Savior' Gerris - ALIVE
Coroner - ALIVE
'Crazed' - ALIVE

Assassinator

Shoot to Roleplay is shooting like you would in a realistic manner, using cover, firing in bursts, not sprinting forward with your gun out full auto.

Steel

Quote from: Assassinator1097 on 19-02-2010
Shoot to Roleplay is shooting like you would in a realistic manner, using cover, firing in bursts, not sprinting forward with your gun out full auto.

Followed by the constant ridiculous headshot that kills you instantly,
From the opposing team not actually using it and thinking they are playing halo, right?

deluxulous

Okay, PistolKid, the magical negotiator and thread killer is in.

If the fight is fucking STM, you STM god damnit. If you don't, and you shoot someone, they're gonna get pissed and shoot back. It's meant to increase role-play, IT IS AN RP SERVER YOU KNOW. And if this happens, a flame war usually starts up, and then we have to deal with it. Which is never pretty.

PS, No refunds AT ALL.

Dark Angel

Ahem shouldn't admin stuff stay private?

Assassinator

YOU MEAN THE STUFF IN NETWORK NOTIFICATIONS, AMIRITE?

Bielecki

Like the other guys said, it's more likely for STK to create more flaming rather then STM.

deluxulous

Quote from: Dark Angel on 20-02-2010

Yes, because I'm REALLY showing off some deep dark secrets.

Dark Angel

Quote from: PistolKid on 20-02-2010
Quote from: Dark Angel on 20-02-2010

^ Tr0ll!

Yes, because I'm REALLY showing off some deep dark secrets.

Assassinator

Lol, you just pointed a "Troll" sign at yourself.

Zero

STM is becoming a more and more expensive rule, its not cheap anymore to buy ammo and you can't unequip, and re-equp your weapon to regain another clip anymore, money drains quickly nowadays. STK should be used on retarded people who are jumping in plain sight. STRP should be used when their out of cover. and ect.

Jazer

I believe STM is stupid as well. Basically, the guns need to be designed around STM basics: high recoil, low accuracy, and bad handling. What we do wrong is make CSS guns and tell people to STM. If we make STM guns, then players can give it their all in a gun-fight, and still have a long, satisfying one. We can keep tweaking these settings to the extreme until it is at a satisfying level and players have a hard-time hitting others. If that doesn't quite do it, we can increase the STARTING maximum health to 500 so the fights can possibly last for many minutes if players are wise about ammo and cover.

Acknowledge my wisdom guys. This is really the only way to solve this properly. If you do it any other way, it's either not as fun, or it's what jojo just described (Many loop holes to cheating the system). If we were going to approach everything as we did with STM, we might as well launch up sandbox and begin telling people not to use tool gun unless they have permission, or the Q menu tools as well. Do you see my point? We are stuck in a box about how guns should be made, they don't have to work like they do in CSS.

In the case that you need to roleplay a headshot up close. Create a "roleplay" weapon like a pistol which holds about 7 rounds, the damage will be extremely high and can ONLY be used within a very small distance. This is used when you are trying to stop someone or mugging someone.

Supercool

Mmmm, or you could set it so if you headshot someone whilst being very close to them its an insta-kill.