STM = FLAME

Started by jojo346, 12-02-2010

Radek

I think Hostel is right.. We should make the weapons around stm and not css weapons, couse now it's just stupid to be shooting a few inches to the side just to miss and the frikin hip ac is still so good that you can fire for across the map and still get headshots.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Steel

Quote from: Radek on 05-03-2010
I think Hostel is right.. We should make the weapons around stm and not css weapons, couse now it's just stupid to be shooting a few inches to the side just to miss and the frikin hip ac is still so good that you can fire for across the map and still get headshots.

You mean your talking realistic ballistics...
Bit like LURK mod on stalker SoC.
If Realistic ballistics could be imported, that would add an entirely strategic element to SRP, making it even better. Such as rounds going through thin walls.
Also one aspect that could work, if it could be done, is bullet distortion, so when you get shot at the screen goes fuzzy or blurry, kind of forces the player to take cover, maybe followed by the snap or a crack.

Ari

I can understand a bit of this, as in, people complaining when they get hit in a firefight. Lord forbid that any number of those bullets, which are supposed to miss anyways, hit you. Is the objective of a firefight not to kill the enemy?

Anyways, perhaps a 'marker' system should be implemented, so that a person who has been wounded can make it obvious since laying down models are non-existant. Unless laying down can be integrated, of course.

I've also heard of people bitching when they get shot after being warned, especially at close range. This applies to a trader, for instance, telling a person to holster his gun multiple times. When the person refused, he was shot dead, then complained how it was 'STK'. Bottom line: You're probably going to get hit if you're less than 15 feet away, seeing as STM means aiming a foot or so from the person. You'd have to move your gun to the side a LOT to miss at 15 feet.

Protip: it's hard to get shot when you're behind cover.