Stalker Roleplay Fans: Important Announcement, Wipe

Started by Locke, 19-08-2009

Locke

As some of you might know, we have a very large content pack coming to us in the near future.

In this content pack we are going to have new things such as:

-New and Refined Models, over 140 new models, compressed and redone for a small filesize.

-A few Script Bugfixes

-Beautiful Large Map, including several new locations, about 2 times the size of the current map.

You can consider the content pack a new chapter in Stalker roleplay, since once the pack is released, the database holding character information is going to be wiped.This means that all the characters you had in the past will be gone, as well as all the items, feel free to make them again once the server is up however. Factions willalso be wiped, we encourage you at this time to try something new in terms of factions. I am going to be leaving Freedom, whom I have been with for my entire time at Stalker Roleplay.

We are doing this so you may meet new people and experience new roleplay with different factions and groups. You're also encouraged to make more creative characters that have a specific roleplay trait, for example my new character will be mean, have a bald head, as well as a prosthetic leg.

Having creative roleplay characters makes RP fun for you,as well as others even more so than usual. The other reason we are doing a wipe is because some people have a ridiculous amount of
items and money attained through draconian methods.

If you are one of these people If you are one of these
people I would suggest not cheating your way into wealth again, because this time you will be caught.Hopefully
with this whipe people will be happier with RP, and factions will be more balanced.

- Locke and Silverknight.

Sickness

Good. I hope this will increase the roleplay experience by a lot. more serious.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Plunger

Welshy

I agree.... but now i have to climb the faction ladder again  >:( oh well its all in a days work

I am Soldier - Play Free Online Games

Locke

Thanks for your support, it's what needs to be done.

Also: Keep this thread civil, no need for useless images like lolcats
(killslim ... >:U)

deluxulous

SO much win.

I guess I can just make a new faction for smuggling shit.

Anyways, hopefully this works as you planned it.

SpAcY

Locke

Good song, but let's not comment on it so we stay on track.

Paintcheck

Since everything is being wiped how will the major factions get leaders? Will the current leaders have the option of continuing being the leader?

deluxulous

Quote from: SpAcY on 19-08-2009
Modest Mouse - Float On

To the people that can't let their Exo suits go.
I love that song so much.

KingArthur

Quote from: Locke on 19-08-2009
Factions willalso be wiped, we encourage you at this time to try something new in terms of factions. I am going to be leaving Freedom, whom I have been with for my entire time at Stalker Roleplay.

Heeellll No, Mili for life...

Locke

Well community administrators will decide who gets to stay as current leaders of a faction, but some people are going to be losing their jobs.

I am going to be taking post of mili leader of the wipe.

Wellington

This is good to hear so that way once the pack is released people won't be like "OMFG WTF HAPPENED?! WHERE'S MAH CHAR.?!" So yeah and hopefully we can all make really good characters with nice background stories.

ISPYUDIE

Big bummer, oh well I suppose it is for the best.

Radek

Wtf? You cant just take my Pos Locke I've been Making alot of progress with The military You cant just take it away from me.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Commissar Nitro

Ok ill be having words with quite a few pepole now and frankly i might just break my voice box with what i have building in me over what iv just read
Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War.

Locke

Dont be angry nitro, wipes happen, and me and silver planned this out.

Also: Me and Radek talked, he's okay with me leading military and he is going to be co-leader.

Commissar Nitro

Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War.

Cobra

It's so funny how I never even heard of a wipe just until yesterday :\. Oh well I can start over with the roster on DUTY.

Radek

Well it's not like i'm super happy with it but I suppose it's for the best of the server :/ The server and the military comes first at all times And i think we can make something great awsome with this.
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Dom

Quote from: Commisar Nitro on 20-08-2009
Locke shut up

What the fuck? Your a foul piece of shit you are.

SpAcY

This wipe sucks cockola balls. I'm going to lose my dog meat.

Dutch

Don't act like you're the only one losing something.

I've had a diet sausage on my Dutier that refuses to disappear...

I've grown to love that sausage. It will be missed.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

Silver Knight

New leaders will be elected after the wipe, counting down, so that means, everyone gets to rp as a loner for awhile !

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

ISPYUDIE

mmmmm.... mass population of loners

(Btw, when you say Everything gets wiped, you better not be talking about donator roster or I will murder someone rofl)